ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment requirements for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Leaver

Employment requirements for Naturalisation

Post by Leaver » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:28 pm

I will have the ILR for 12 months before submitting my application for Naturalisation (citizenship).
I obtained this ILR via my Tier 2 sponsorship during the past 5 years.

When i apply for the Citizenship, MUST i be employed, and or provide proof?

I am thinking of resigning and possibly enrolling to school in the last 6 months before i apply for naturalisation, so not sure if i should stick with the job or is it ok?

thank you for all your help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Employment requirements for Naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:32 pm

Employment is NOT a requirement for citizenship.

If you are employed, you only need to provide your tax office or tax reference number which your employer can provide you with or you can find it on your P60.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Leaver

Post by Leaver » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:59 pm

CR001 wrote:Employment is NOT a requirement for citizenship.

If you are employed, you only need to provide your tax office or tax reference number which your employer can provide you with or you can find it on your P60.
many thanks for your reply.

So basically i dont need to be employed, a student etc, to apply for citizenship? I could just be living here on savings for example in that moment?

thanks

MrBrilliant
BANNED

Post by MrBrilliant » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:11 pm

Yes, that's right. Employment only matters for things like ILR where the application is based on your employment. For citizenship it does not matter. Living on savings, or even being in debt doesn't matter either, unless you have so much debt and unpaid bills that it damages your good character assessment.

Leaver

Post by Leaver » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:46 am

MrBrilliant wrote:Yes, that's right. Employment only matters for things like ILR where the application is based on your employment. For citizenship it does not matter. Living on savings, or even being in debt doesn't matter either, unless you have so much debt and unpaid bills that it damages your good character assessment.
great, thanks for the feedback