ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mother multiple 10 year visa + GP registration

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Mother multiple 10 year visa + GP registration

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:57 pm

Yes, it does appear that you are still able to apply for visit visas for the same validity periods as before. So based on what you had in mind, there are no changes. A genuine mistake in interpretation of the appendix, before complete details were published. The main difference appears to be the consolidation of numerous sub-types of visit visa categories into one, resulting in the 4 types you see available now.

Regarding your mothers application, I'm curious, from her visit visa immigration history you've shared (6 month, 1, 2, 5 year visit visas), did she only claim NHS healthcare during the last 2 years during the periods where she visited the UK over those years? The reason I ask is because she appears to have a strong UK immigration history, where there were no problems in any of her past 4 applications, unless I'm mistaken there?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:43 pm

cs95tdg wrote:Yes, it does appear that you are still able to apply for visit visas for the same validity periods as before. So based on what you had in mind, there are no changes. A genuine mistake in interpretation of the appendix, before complete details were published. The main difference appears to be the consolidation of numerous sub-types of visit visa categories into one, resulting in the 4 types you see available now.

Regarding your mothers application, I'm curious, from her visit visa immigration history you've shared (6 month, 1, 2, 5 year visit visas), did she only claim NHS healthcare during the last 2 years during the periods where she visited the UK over those years? The reason I ask is because she appears to have a strong UK immigration history, where there were no problems in any of her past 4 applications, unless I'm mistaken there?
Also OP said she lived here practically for the 5 years, leaving for a week and re-entering, a definite no-no...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:10 pm

Hmm...but she said that was an mistake in her post. :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:35 pm

Yes, the subsequent post by OP indicates that was a mistake. So that along with the past visit visa application history was the reason I questioned the period over which she received NHS healthcare. If only over the last couple of years or if it was over previous visits where she was granted leave to enter as a visit visa holder.

Double V

Post by Double V » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:17 am

cs95tdg wrote:Yes, it does appear that you are still able to apply for visit visas for the same validity periods as before. So based on what you had in mind, there are no changes. A genuine mistake in interpretation of the appendix, before complete details were published. The main difference appears to be the consolidation of numerous sub-types of visit visa categories into one, resulting in the 4 types you see available now.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes you are absolutely correct.
She was granted 6months, 1,2,5 year visas in the past.
And she only claimed NHS (diabetic medicines only) during the last 2 years when she visited UK.
She used to live here 6 months on each visit as she was allowed. (180 days). Offcourse she left few days well before 180 Days limit.

And she would re-enter after spending 6 months in her home country.

Now do you think they will check the NHS records ?
And how do they check it ? from where ?

Double V

Post by Double V » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:19 am

Wanderer wrote:

Also OP said she lived here practically for the 5 years, leaving for a week and re-entering, a definite no-no...
I am sorry, maybe I made a mistake explaining it.
I apologize. :)
She never lived here more than 6 months. She was only granted 5 year multiple visa, which she used to enter during the 5 year to stay for 6 months and then leave wait 6 months and come back for an other 6 months.
Hope I am clear now. :oops:

Double V

Post by Double V » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:20 am

Casa wrote:Hmm...but she said that was an mistake in her post. :?
True.
Mistake in explaining. :oops:

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:26 am

long term visit visas for 2, 5 or 10 years are possible under the new post 24 April rules, too.

Read the guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _0_ext.pdf

Double V

Post by Double V » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:37 pm

manci wrote:long term visit visas for 2, 5 or 10 years are possible under the new post 24 April rules, too.

Read the guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _0_ext.pdf
Thanks

These new rules are so confusing to understand.
What exactly is changed. :|

Deewani
Canada

Post by Deewani » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:50 pm

Double V
This is one of the reported cases of upper tribunal.... Where the judge clearly states abt use of NHS being a visitor

https://tribunalsdecisions.service.gov. ... 19311-2014

Nowdays.... Its a normal process to check use of NHS (gp, hospital etc) when applying for EC applications....and even when the person come here...at d aiirprt too...dey ask ppl abt use f GP/NHS

Double V

Post by Double V » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:31 am

Thank you all for your help, advise, suggestions.
Much appreciated.

I have requested an invoice from the GP. We will pay it and attach the receipt with the application.
Will that be okay ?
Or do i need to do something else.

Btw total was £463, lady said she will need to speak with manager and see if there are any costs to add. :(

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:37 am

Very wise. That should be fine.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:42 am

Costs of the medicines from the pharmacy??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

viki83

Post by viki83 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:19 pm

Hi Double V,

It would be helpful for others if you share your experience here what happened after you applied for your mothers visa as I am in same boat currently. Did you tick "Yes" or "No" to question in visa form 9.2 Have you ever received medical treatment in the UK?

Thanks,
Waqar

I have requested an invoice from the GP. We will pay it and attach the receipt with the application.
Will that be okay ?

Btw total was £463, lady said she will need to speak with manager and see if there are any costs to add. :([/quote]

EZAAN786
Newly Registered

Post by EZAAN786 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:01 am

Do we know the visa was granted ? Waqar did your mother apply for the visa ? and what options did you tick as I am in the same boat . applying for mothers visa , she is a regular visitor but had used NHS a few times when she had problems with her knee and shoulder .
Thanks

EZAAN786
Newly Registered

Post by EZAAN786 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:07 am

viki83 wrote:Hi Double V,

It would be helpful for others if you share your experience here what happened after you applied for your mothers visa as I am in same boat currently. Did you tick "Yes" or "No" to question in visa form 9.2 Have you ever received medical treatment in the UK?

Thanks,
Waqar

Will that be okay ?

Btw total was £463, lady said she will need to speak with manager and see if there are any costs to add. :(
[/quote]\

Do we know if the visa was granted ?

viki83

Post by viki83 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:22 am

Ticked no. Got the visa last year