ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Victims of ETS Scam

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sumon2003
Newly Registered

Re: Victims of ETS Scam

Post by Sumon2003 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:22 pm

K4 wrote:I have applied for 10 years long residency and had previous history with toeic God knows what will happen it will be 6 months end of feb. I do have complete faith in God. What they have done with students who did their own test but appeared in a test center which did the wrong doing HO invalided their test. How does the student suppose to know? Obie you are right they should have given a second chance. They just want to show the immigration numbers before the elections.

One more thing why do they call students immigrants?? I might be wrong but is this the right term to use for students.

Hi K4
What's happen with u 10 years application , any news. Cause I am also waiting 7 months now

Thanks

K4

Post by K4 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:32 pm

Sumon2003 wrote:
K4 wrote:I have applied for 10 years long residency and had previous history with toeic God knows what will happen it will be 6 months end of feb. I do have complete faith in God. What they have done with students who did their own test but appeared in a test center which did the wrong doing HO invalided their test. How does the student suppose to know? Obie you are right they should have given a second chance. They just want to show the immigration numbers before the elections.

One more thing why do they call students immigrants?? I might be wrong but is this the right term to use for students.

Hi K4
What's happen with u 10 years application , any news. Cause I am also waiting 7 months now

Thanks
Hi Sumon2003

No news yet still waiting guess it will be after elections hope for the best.

atmone
- thin ice -

Post by atmone » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm

Hi Everyone,

My T1E was cancelled last December when I travel back from Iceland. The officer ran through couple of questions then told me HO decide to cancel my visa. During the interview, the office questioned me where is my 200K fund from, why do I think I am capable to be a company director, what is the test like, what are the questions in the test, etc. The decision letter shows that information from ETS indicates that false representation was employed.

Actually, this was the second time I get stopped by immigration officers. The first time was at London City Airport in June when I back from a business trip. The office did a interview with me then release me. I did ask him why I was detained. He told me that he doesn't know either, he also told me to take my language test with me when I travel next time. So I did bring the language test certificate with me When I back to the UK. The passport control officer just let me through without a single question. Then this thing happened as I mentioned above.

I am a genuine entrepreneur who already meet all extension requirement. All the documents were ready for my extension on 24th July. My business is surviving very well even in this economical environment. The test I took was genuine as well, I even have a letter from the college to show that I am the person who took the test.

My appeal will be heard on 24th June. The only thing I have received from HO so far is my T1E application form I submitted before. I think I may have a great chance to win if that is the only thing HO have. I don't know if anyone has a same experience like me or can share with me. What should I do now and what should my solicitor/barrister need to know? Thank you!!!

kallol786
Newly Registered

Post by kallol786 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:51 pm

Dear all Toeic Victims,

Good news guys....

I just received my determination letter from First tribunal through my solicitor.The learned judge allowed my appeal under the immigration rules.

Thank you.
Jewellondon.

shaour2000
Newly Registered

Post by shaour2000 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:52 pm

HI

TOEIC date was 18 Jan 2012

I did submit TOEIC on my first extension, is it TOEIC gonna be problem for me on my next extension which will be end of this year I am on 5 year route, do I need English test again.

Please any suggestion.

Xam

Post by Xam » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:24 am

hey Congratulation dear. :) in which category you applied for?
when did applied and when they refused?
Thank you :)
kallol786 wrote:Dear all Toeic Victims,

Good news guys....

I just received my determination letter from First tribunal through my solicitor.The learned judge allowed my appeal under the immigration rules.

Thank you.
Jewellondon.

honey143

Post by honey143 » Sun May 10, 2015 3:20 pm

Let's hope for the best for all those who r in this situation.

aliii8
Newly Registered

Post by aliii8 » Wed May 13, 2015 4:57 pm

hi

i been reading theses posts lately and they are really helpful

i have applied for EEA RC last year may 2014 and attended an interview on 1st september with my wife. the interviewer told upon my question that they have received all the information they needed and i will get a decision soon and if not i will definitely get the decision before the end of 6 month period.

now its been an year and i contacted my MP who contacted home office and now i have received a letter from Home Office through MP and the letter says that the delay is because of an ETS certificate i provided in a previous application for an extension for my Tier 4 visa back in 2011 and they are making enquiries.

the thing is i have never done an ETS (TOIEC or SELT) . i did the pearson PTE in 2011 and submitted it to Home Office. i didnt use no proxy neither did i cheated in anyway. the whole centre was quite strictly monitored. i scored well over 90 percent.

does anyone know if PTE is associated to ETS in anyway?

or if anyone is having problem with PTE submitted for an application. my PTE expired in 2013. and for my EEA application i didnt even use it?

any help will be really appriciated.

aliii8
Newly Registered

Post by aliii8 » Wed May 13, 2015 5:02 pm

hi Obie

i have applied for EEA RC last year may 2014 and attended an interview on 1st september with my wife. the interviewer told upon my question that they have received all the information they needed and i will get a decision soon and if not i will definitely get the decision before the end of 6 month period.

now its been an year and i contacted my MP who contacted home office and now i have received a letter from Home Office through MP and the letter says that the delay is because of an ETS certificate i provided in a previous application for an extension for my Tier 4 visa back in 2011 and they are making enquiries.

the thing is i have never done an ETS (TOIEC or SELT) . i did the pearson PTE in 2011 and submitted it to Home Office. i didnt use no proxy neither did i cheated in anyway. the whole centre was quite strictly monitored. i scored well over 90 percent.

do you know if PTE is associated to ETS in anyway?

or if anyone is having problem with PTE submitted for an application. my PTE expired in 2013. and for my EEA application i didnt even use it?

can you tell me what action i can take to speed up the process and get the RC.

last week i was suspended from my work as well because home office Never issued me a COA and i been using Acknowledgement letter with my employer. and they sent an ECS (employer checking system) to home office and they sent a negative meaning i have no right to work

zusman
Pakistan

Post by zusman » Sun May 17, 2015 8:32 pm

aliii8 wrote:hi Obie

do you know if PTE is associated to ETS in anyway?

can you tell me what action i can take to speed up the process and get the RC.

last week i was suspended from my work as well because home office Never issued me a COA and i been using Acknowledgement letter with my employer. and they sent an ECS (employer checking system) to home office and they sent a negative meaning i have no right to work
Hi Bro, No body replies in this Board i think.
Join "SS Rights,EEA FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT" facebook page. People will definitely try to help you there.
Thanks

rick2015
Newly Registered

Post by rick2015 » Mon May 18, 2015 12:28 am

NIMOG wrote:Thanks for reply, just to let you know that I have pass my exam genuinely still have to face this?Anywat will seek lawyer advice and will see what he's going to say.

I will update the post once got answer of him.
Hi NIMOG
It would be great to know wha happened with your case ??
It will be great help for all

K4

Post by K4 » Tue May 19, 2015 2:08 pm

Hi Obie

Any news regarding TOEIC cases?

Xam

Post by Xam » Tue May 19, 2015 2:14 pm

Hi K4,
I didn't get any rely yet . I submitted a request to HO in mid April as our anniversary in the beginning of May and we planed for a trip to abroad but HO never replied. I am going to my Local MP on next Friday if any thing happen after MP's letter. Finger crossed :(
Thank you.
What about your application status as I know you applied under 10 years route .
SO worried now . Its almost 8 months been passed away :(
K4 wrote:Hi Obie

Any news regarding TOEIC cases?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:37 pm

Hi guys,

Sorry i have been busy and this thread has slipped my attention.

TheUT's President, McCloskey J, has directed all ETS/TOIEC cases to be stayed pending the Court of Appeal hearing in Shabaz Ali on 8-9 July.

Therefore there is an present stay on removal, and stay on hearing of ETS cases at the lower courts , pending the outcome of Court of Appeal case above.

Those who have applied for Residence Card or under the Regulation, are covered by community law, and the UKVI has no right to refuse to issue or deal with such application pending the outcome of the Court of Appeal case.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Xam

Post by Xam » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:30 am

Obie wrote:Hi guys,

Sorry i have been busy and this thread has slipped my attention.

TheUT's President, McCloskey J, has directed all ETS/TOIEC cases to be stayed pending the Court of Appeal hearing in Shabaz Ali on 8-9 July.

Therefore there is an present stay on removal, and stay on hearing of ETS cases at the lower courts , pending the outcome of Court of Appeal case above.

Those who have applied for Residence Card or under the Regulation, are covered by community law, and the UKVI has no right to refuse to issue or deal with such application pending the outcome of the Court of Appeal case.
Thank you for the update obie :)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:58 pm

further dissappointing judgement on ETS.

Judges ruled that JR is not the appropriate avenue, that appeal is the best, and appellant can only appeal after they have left the UK.

So much for the British Judiciary these days, especially in the Immigration field.

Gazi, R (on the application of) v Secretary of State for the Home Department (ETS – judicial review) (IJR) [2015] UKUT 327 (IAC) (27 May 2015)
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:38 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Swkhan123
Newly Registered

Post by Swkhan123 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:41 pm

Hi All,

Just a message to say please don't give up hope. My husband had his spouse visa refused due to TOEIC on 11.11.14. We had our hearing on 02.06.15 and the judge has ruled in our favour on 22.06.15.

This thread has helped provide a helpful insight in what to expect during the court processes and it was a great help to me.

Good luck to all in this situation...

sam82
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by sam82 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:15 pm

is ur husband got a in country appeal right or JR?

arifahsan

Post by arifahsan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Dear All

I won the appeal in first tier tribunal last may. After 4 days Home office permission to appeal against First tier tribunal decisions which is granted today.

Now my question are in upper tribunal hearing what sort of preparation do i have to take? Judge will see from the beginning(First tier tribunal) to end or just fresh claim?

Can i submit new evidence to upper tribunal?

Thanks in advance.
Arifahsan

arifahsan

Post by arifahsan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:26 pm

Forgot to mention it was ETS (Toeic) case

atmone
- thin ice -

Post by atmone » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:30 am

arifahsan wrote:Forgot to mention it was ETS (Toeic) case
Hi arifahsan, would you please provide more info about your case?
My hearing on June has been adjourned because HO provide a new spreadsheet from ETS on the hearing day.
I do think we can share some experience bwtween us

Regards

arifahsan

Post by arifahsan » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:07 pm

Hi atmone
My first tier tribunal was also adjourned(Reason was shortage Judge) first time and made another date of hearing. I won the appeal and later they got the permission to appeal to the upper tribunal. My understanding Home Office don't want to accept any arguments for toeic issue. Be well prepared for hearing. Seems judge also very strictly approach regarding Toeic cases.
Just waiting for upper tribunal hearing date.
Thanks

arifahsan

Post by arifahsan » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:08 pm

Hi atmone
My first tier tribunal was also adjourned(Reason was shortage Judge) first time and made another date of hearing. I won the appeal and later they got the permission to appeal to the upper tribunal. My understanding Home Office don't want to accept any arguments for toeic issue. Be well prepared for hearing. Seems judge also very strictly approach regarding Toeic cases.
Thanks

lucky007

Post by lucky007 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:24 am

arifahsan wrote:Hi atmone
Thanks
Hey,

When home office got permission at ut I mean how long ur waiting for hearing date? I got permission 20th of may and still waiting for hearing date.