ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching - From Tier 2 to Student dependent

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anvi7988
Newly Registered

Switching - From Tier 2 to Student dependent

Post by anvi7988 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:44 pm

Hi,

My husband and I had come to the UK on April 1st 2015.He is on ICT long term visa. His visa is to expire in December 2015 which he can renew for next 2 years. Then he has to go through a cooling period of a year. I am on a tier 2 dependent visa.
Is it possible for me to take up a tier 4 student visa in UK for a postgraduate course of more than 12 months and my husband instead of extending his visa in December can he switch to tier 4 dependent visa and work under the same company for a year. After a year can he switch back to general tier 2 visa, and apply for ilr after 5 years?.

Please help and give your valuable suggestions.

Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Switching - From Tier 2 to Student dependent

Post by sah10406 » Fri May 01, 2015 10:32 am

anvi7988 wrote:Is it possible for me to take up a tier 4 student visa in UK for a postgraduate course of more than 12 months
Yes, if the Tier 4 sponsor is a publicly-funded institution or a recgonised body. There is no way to switch to Tier 4 in the UK. You would need to apply in your home country.
anvi7988 wrote:and my husband instead of extending his visa in December can he switch to tier 4 dependent visa and work under the same company for a year.
Yes. He can switch in the UK.
anvi7988 wrote:After a year can he switch back to general tier 2 visa
Yes, if the Tier 2 sponsor is happy with that.
anvi7988 wrote:, and apply for ilr after 5 years?
No, being a Tier 4 dependent does not count towards 5 years on Tier 2.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.