ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Total 55 days out of UK in 5 years Tier 1 General.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KASHIF830

Total 55 days out of UK in 5 years Tier 1 General.

Post by KASHIF830 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:05 pm

Hi mates and experts,

I have total 55 holidays in 5 years of Tier General Do I still need to show any kind of letter. All holidays were paid holidays.

here is my summary:

Tier I General initial visa stamped inside UK is 16/06/2010. Extension granted at PEO 08/06/2012 till 16/06/2015

Year 1 : 16/06/2010 to 16/06/2011 28 days

Year 2 : 16/06/2011 to 16/06/2012 0 days

Year 3: 16/06/2012 to 16/06/2013 (6+21) 27 days ( Extension granted on 08/06/2012)

Year 4: 16/06/2013 to 16/06/2014 0 days

Year 5: 16/06/2014 to 16/06/2015 0 days

Total 55 days in 5 years

I will be applying at PEO end May 2015 at Croydon

Do I need any kind of letter to provide or just fill in holidays in application form.

Thanks
Regards
KASHIF

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Total 55 days out of UK in 5 years Tier 1 General.

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:25 pm

As per the rules you require a letter from your employer to confirm all annual leave & business absences. Information under the following thread may help. I'd get one if you are able to, but if not write a personal letter detailing the dates and reason for each absence.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1180204

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:53 pm

cs95tdg wrote:As per the rules you require a letter from your employer to confirm all annual leave & business absences. Information under the following thread may help. I'd get one if you are able to, but if not write a personal letter detailing the dates and reason for each absence.

Thanks cs95tdg

Do we still need employer letter for 55 days in total 5 years because somewhere i read on this forum that letter needed when holidays are more than 180 days in any year . I do not think so that my employer has record for my holidays which were taken in 2010 although I have been working with same employer since Jan 2008 . I have taken annual paid holidays but I was out side UK on Tier 1 general only 55 days. I will ask my employer but if he does not provide so Please can you send my any personal letter format.

But I am going to take my employer letter for earning be claimed for 12 month period.

Thanks
KASHIF

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:23 pm

KASHIF830 wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:As per the rules you require a letter from your employer to confirm all annual leave & business absences. Information under the following thread may help. I'd get one if you are able to, but if not write a personal letter detailing the dates and reason for each absence.

Thanks cs95tdg

Do we still need employer letter for 55 days in total 5 years because somewhere i read on this forum that letter needed when holidays are more than 180 days in any year . I do not think so that my employer has record for my holidays which were taken in 2010 although I have been working with same employer since Jan 2008 . I have taken annual paid holidays but I was out side UK on Tier 1 general only 55 days. I will ask my employer but if he does not provide so Please can you send my any personal letter format.

But I am going to take my employer letter for earning be claimed for 12 month period.

Thanks
KASHIF

Hi

I was read this statement :

Interim caseworker action –
missing evidence If an applicant is required to provide specified documents from their employer explaining their absences and fails to do this, and the absences do not exceed 30 working days plus statutory public holidays per annum (for example, such absences are likely to be consistent with paid annual leave), you can choose, having regard to all the circumstances of the case, to consider the application without this documentation.
You still need evidence where the absences in a 12 month period (as defined above) exceed 30 working days plus statutory public holidays.

on this link of UKVI website page number 22 : https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... .0_EXT.pdf

Can you please check this.

thanks
KASHIF

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:19 pm

I had a similar figure of absences when I applied for ILR at a PEO two years ago. Although I carried a letter from my employer, I did not submit it and the caseworker did not ask for it, but granted me the ILR within an hour anyway.

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Fri May 01, 2015 8:57 am

secret.simon wrote:I had a similar figure of absences when I applied for ILR at a PEO two years ago. Although I carried a letter from my employer, I did not submit it and the caseworker did not ask for it, but granted me the ILR within an hour anyway.
Thanks secret.simon

Can you please send me employer absence letter fomate so at least i can ask my employer to use that formate.

Thanks
Kashif

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri May 01, 2015 9:15 am

I did not have a format. I provided a spreadsheet of my travels abroad to my HR with a request for a letter. They matched it with my leave records, listed the leaves in their standard "To Whom it may concern" template and certified that my absences abroad were during the period that I had taken annual leave.

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Fri May 01, 2015 12:46 pm

You dont need a letter if your annual leave is within 25/30 days statutory aannual leave policy of your organisation ,

However

You still need evidence where the absences in a 12 month period (as defined above) exceed 30 working days plus statutory public holidays.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri May 01, 2015 1:28 pm

KASHIF830 wrote:Hi

I was read this statement :

Interim caseworker action –
missing evidence If an applicant is required to provide specified documents from their employer explaining their absences and fails to do this, and the absences do not exceed 30 working days plus statutory public holidays per annum (for example, such absences are likely to be consistent with paid annual leave), you can choose, having regard to all the circumstances of the case, to consider the application without this documentation.

on this link of UKVI website page number 22 : https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... .0_EXT.pdf

Can you please check this.

thanks
KASHIF
Yes, based the caseworker guidance you should be fine. I wouldn't worry about it, when I applied over 2 years ago, I was never asked for a letter, and from what I recall didn't provide it, even though I did get one from my employer (I'm conscious that things have somewhat changed since then, as there were changes being made around this aspect at the time). I drafted the letter for them with my annual leave absences, which they verified printed and signed for me. I did however provide a separate sheet with my set(o) application which had a grid with several columns, outlining the trips, when I left and returned and also which passport page had the associated landing stamps, so it was straightforward for the caseworker to verify. Details available under the following thread if you'd like a reference. http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... ml#p766695

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Fri May 01, 2015 1:40 pm

argus7 wrote:You dont need a letter if your annual leave is within 25/30 days statutory aannual leave policy of your organisation ,

However

Thanks argus7

I have maximum 28 days paid holidays out side UK in my 1st Year cycle. My Tier 1 General cycle from 16 June to 16 June. My company holiday period is from January to December and total paid holidays are 28 days. But in my 3rd year cycle period I have 27 days out of UK . Even 21 out 27 falls in my next year holiday period according to company from January to December. So means I dont have to submit evidence and leave it blank means No option need to tick?

Thanks all of you for help it out

Thanks

Kashif