ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa/BRP Stamp error

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kd26
Newly Registered

Visa/BRP Stamp error

Post by Kd26 » Fri May 01, 2015 6:52 am

Hey guys i am very confused... Please help me

I got my uk tier 4 visa recently...the start date of my course is 10 june,2015 and it is private college(but highly trusted sponsor)

The real problem is my visa stamp... In the BRP visa stamp ,observation - allowed to work for 10 hours/week term time. But college says as we are private college yu are not allowed to work , it seems ukba did an error in visa stamp so yu have to inform them by using adminstrative review in 14 days.

But i m very confused what to do because if i go with review they can take 30-40 days to review my application. Anyone know can i inform them after arrival in uk or i have to take review? Please help me if yu have experience or knowledge regarding this problem.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Visa/BRP Stamp error

Post by sah10406 » Fri May 01, 2015 10:35 am

Kd26 wrote:can i inform them after arrival in uk.
Yes. See http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International- ... isa-error/
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 01, 2015 11:06 am

sah10406 wrote:
You need to have your visa corrected before you travel. Entry clearance cannot be corrected from within the UK. Contact the visa application centre urgently.

My daughters visa (different category to yours) initially was incorrect and issued 6 days before she was booked to travel. We contacted the application centre who escalated it urgently to the embassy and my father drove to the embassy to submit passport and had it corrected. New correct visa was done within 4 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kd26
Newly Registered

Post by Kd26 » Fri May 01, 2015 11:23 am

Thank you for the reply.

So should i go for administrative review or contact to bombay vfs office where my visa is issued? Whats the procedure to correct the visa stamp and how many days they takes?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 01, 2015 11:25 am

contact to bombay vfs office where my visa is issued?
And do it as a priority.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kd26
Newly Registered

Post by Kd26 » Fri May 01, 2015 11:56 am

Ok thank you

Kd26
Newly Registered

Post by Kd26 » Fri May 01, 2015 12:01 pm

sah10406 wrote:

Thanks. I read on ukcisa.org and found out that some error can be corrected after arrival in uk,but during immigration...will they ask me about this working condition/error or they only see the visa duration/name/dob and stamp it ? Is there any problem during immigration?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 01, 2015 12:26 pm

I have given my advice and provided my own experience.

You can choose what you wish to do, either get it corrected before traveling or take a chance on arrival with immigration questioning.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri May 01, 2015 8:37 pm

CR001 wrote:You need to have your visa corrected before you travel. Entry clearance cannot be corrected from within the UK. Contact the visa application centre urgently.
This is wrong. As explained in the UKCISA information, the Home Office has a specific unit called the Referred Casework Unit that helps with correcting entry clearance errors. The detailed guidance is at

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ment-ecb19
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 01, 2015 8:58 pm

Point number 4 in your link says exactly what I have said as the OP is not in the UK as yet. OP is aware of the error prior to arriving in the UK. It always better to correct errors before traveling.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri May 01, 2015 9:04 pm

Sure if there is time, but there often isn't, and that's what OP was worried about. Your warning that he must not travel, and that there is no way to correct the error in the UK, is incorrect and could cause OP further anxiety and panic. He can absolutely travel to the UK with no problem.

I would go further and advise that in this case there is no need to request an error correction at all. OP's Tier 4 sponsor will have an International Student Adviser who can advise when he arrives.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 01, 2015 9:39 pm

If OP has been in contact with his college then I suppose he will be fine. If he knows he should not have the right to work, then I suggest he not be tempted to.

I was offering my advice based on my experience and speedy correction of a visa error (and it was a big error in my case) where the embassy advised not to travel to correct in the UK and hence their urgent attention to cancel, correct and reissue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Kd26
Newly Registered

Post by Kd26 » Sat May 02, 2015 3:26 am

sah10406 wrote:
CR001 wrote:You need to have your visa corrected before you travel. Entry clearance cannot be corrected from within the UK. Contact the visa application centre urgently.
This is wrong. As explained in the UKCISA information, the Home Office has a specific unit called the Referred Casework Unit that helps with correcting entry clearance errors. The detailed guidance is at

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ment-ecb19

Thank you dear... Now i can relax. One solicitor also adviced me not to worry about this tiny error,he said yu can correct it after arrival.

Thanks to both of you. I m new here and i got solution in just 1 day. Thanks alot.