ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying FLR(o) - Pls help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Adi2015
Newly Registered

Applying FLR(o) - Pls help

Post by Adi2015 » Tue May 05, 2015 9:25 am

I thought of posting my situation here instead of creating new thread. I am currently rounding up my MBA by july. my Tier 4 visa will be expiring may ending 2015. i have been in the uk for 5 years (masters visa + psw + mba visa). i have a baby 1 year old and am currently pregnant. My husband is my dependent (he also spent 5 years here through master + psw+ dependant visa) and he is currently on permanent job (data analyst) (he wasnt able to get Tier 2 sponsor based on LMT which his company said they will not carryout and didnt sponsor him). looking at the situation am thinking of applying for FLR (O) on humanitarian and child welfare ground. as my husband is in a permanent role and the company agreed to provide a letter to say they are happy for him to continue working if granted visa. As we have not been back to our country for about five year, only for weeding and do not have any savings there. our argument, is that it is safer in the child and my pregnancy interest to stay here seeing that my husband can provide and care for us than going back and putting the child and unborn child in danger as we will be out of job and cant carter for the child. i dont know but these are my thought, i will appreciate a candid and experience advise please.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Applying FLR(o) - Pls help

Post by Wanderer » Tue May 05, 2015 9:50 am

I think what you propose will be very difficult, if not impossible.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 05, 2015 9:55 am

humanitarian and child welfare ground
What is your nationality? This might be a very difficult ground if you are not from a worn torn or severely impoverished country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Adi2015
Newly Registered

Post by Adi2015 » Tue May 05, 2015 9:58 am

CR001 wrote:
humanitarian and child welfare ground
What is your nationality? This might be a very difficult ground if you are not from a worn torn or severely impoverished country.

Nigeria

riz1986

Post by riz1986 » Wed May 06, 2015 12:19 pm

If you really wanna give a go then apply on da basis of private life .
FLR(FP) u might have a half chance.A good lawyer could assist u in making a strong case.

Adi2015
Newly Registered

Post by Adi2015 » Wed May 06, 2015 1:25 pm

riz1986 wrote:If you really wanna give a go then apply on da basis of private life .
FLR(FP) u might have a half chance.A good lawyer could assist u in making a strong case.

Thanks so much for your experience advice and reply, Do you think FLR(FP) has strong ground compared to FLR(O) seeing that i have only spent 5 years in UK

spikes
Newly Registered

Post by spikes » Thu May 07, 2015 11:45 am

If you have money, you can try through a PhD (although still under Tier 4), with that you will be given a four years visa.

spikes
Newly Registered

Post by spikes » Thu May 07, 2015 11:47 am

and after that you can apply for a Doctorate Extension Program which lasts for one year

riz1986

Post by riz1986 » Thu May 07, 2015 11:48 am

Adi2015 wrote:
riz1986 wrote:If you really wanna give a go then apply on da basis of private life .

Thanks so much for your experience advice and reply, Do you think FLR(FP) has strong ground compared to FLR(O) seeing that i have only spent 5 years in UK
but u hv established family life here n hv a baby which make it stronger point.u shld consult a good lawyer .

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu May 07, 2015 3:44 pm

Adi2015 wrote:I thought of posting my situation here instead of creating new thread. I am currently rounding up my MBA by july. my Tier 4 visa will be expiring may ending 2015. i have been in the uk for 5 years (masters visa + psw + mba visa). i have a baby 1 year old and am currently pregnant. My husband is my dependent (he also spent 5 years here through master + psw+ dependant visa) and he is currently on permanent job (data analyst) (he wasnt able to get Tier 2 sponsor based on LMT which his company said they will not carryout and didnt sponsor him). looking at the situation am thinking of applying for FLR (O) on humanitarian and child welfare ground. as my husband is in a permanent role and the company agreed to provide a letter to say they are happy for him to continue working if granted visa. As we have not been back to our country for about five year, only for weeding and do not have any savings there. our argument, is that it is safer in the child and my pregnancy interest to stay here seeing that my husband can provide and care for us than going back and putting the child and unborn child in danger as we will be out of job and cant carter for the child. i dont know but these are my thought, i will appreciate a candid and experience advise please.
Very very difficult as child is 1 year and u both only spend 5 years here. Straight Refusal
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu May 07, 2015 4:03 pm

Zee ali wrote:
Adi2015 wrote:I thought of posting my situation here instead of creating new thread. I am currently rounding up my MBA by july. my Tier 4 visa will be expiring may ending 2015. i have been in the uk for 5 years (masters visa + psw + mba visa). i have a baby 1 year old and am currently pregnant. My husband is my dependent (he also spent 5 years here through master + psw+ dependant visa) and he is currently on permanent job (data analyst) (he wasnt able to get Tier 2 sponsor based on LMT which his company said they will not carryout and didnt sponsor him). looking at the situation am thinking of applying for FLR (O) on humanitarian and child welfare ground. as my husband is in a permanent role and the company agreed to provide a letter to say they are happy for him to continue working if granted visa. As we have not been back to our country for about five year, only for weeding and do not have any savings there. our argument, is that it is safer in the child and my pregnancy interest to stay here seeing that my husband can provide and care for us than going back and putting the child and unborn child in danger as we will be out of job and cant carter for the child. i dont know but these are my thought, i will appreciate a candid and experience advise please.
Very very difficult as child is 1 year and u both only spend 5 years here. Straight Refusal
+1. No chance....

gj6ab5657
Mood:
India

Post by gj6ab5657 » Fri May 08, 2015 5:18 pm

There is a scop if you appoint good solicitor and worth try FLR(FP)

Adi2015
Newly Registered

Post by Adi2015 » Fri May 08, 2015 5:58 pm

gj6ab5657 wrote:There is a scop if you appoint good solicitor and worth try FLR(FP)
I am having issue on if it should be FLR(O) or FLR(FP)
also could i confirm is i need to pay the health scheme fee in any of these

julian1972

Post by julian1972 » Sat May 09, 2015 5:01 am

This type of application is unlikely to be granted. If your child has lived here for 7 years or more I would've said the success rate would be 50/50.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat May 09, 2015 11:18 am

Adi2015 wrote:
gj6ab5657 wrote:There is a scop if you appoint good solicitor and worth try FLR(FP)
if your claim is based on child or child welfare and your private life in the uk than right form is FLR FP.

Yes u need to pay health surcharge fee which is £200*2.5 years= £50 per person.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat May 09, 2015 12:57 pm

Zee ali wrote:
Adi2015 wrote:
if your claim is based on child or child welfare and your private life in the uk than right form is FLR FP.

Yes u need to pay health surcharge fee which is £200*2.5 years= £50 per person.
Made a type there, mate - of course it should be £500 per applicant.....

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat May 09, 2015 1:46 pm

Well spotted @Wanderer.

Health Surcharge is £500 per person

Adi2015
Newly Registered

Post by Adi2015 » Sat May 09, 2015 6:49 pm

Zee ali wrote:Well spotted @Wanderer.

Health Surcharge is £500 per person

Thanks Guys, I honestly appreciate all effort here

sheena121
Newly Registered

Post by sheena121 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:18 pm

i am also want to apply for flr fp or flro as my status is 5years completed and spouse and daughter is 5 years completed in uk now her age is 10+ and i also have two boys born in uk one is 3 year and 6 months and another is 1 year , so i am going to apply on my daughter any hope is there to apply in flr fp to settle in uk plz give me yur reply

Adi2015
Newly Registered

Post by Adi2015 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:22 pm

Hi Guru,
I applied for FLR(O) as per my previous stated situation. I have just had a refusal letter with the option of appealing from home country. my wife who is the main applicant now has a PHD offer starting 21 september 2015. do you think i can make a new application. on the refusal letter it says if i have any new reason for which i want to stay in UK i should let them know by making a new application.
I urgently need your help with your experience.
thanks

Thanks so much for your experience advice and reply, Do you think FLR(FP) has strong ground compared to FLR(O) seeing that i have only spent 5 years in UK[/quote]