ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions regarding VAF4A

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

e4e5Nf3
Newly Registered

Questions regarding VAF4A

Post by e4e5Nf3 » Tue May 12, 2015 8:05 am

The question is which countries I have traveled to for the last 10 years.
It's question no 6.2 –

This is a question I really don’t know how to answer. I traveled a LOT and have been in many countries and I've never kept any track of the dates.
I've been in many places in India, 17 states in America, I took buses from Germany to Austria to Holland, I did the GR-10 in France and the Santiago in Spain, etc.

I honestly have no clue what specific dates any of it was.

So what should I do?
Also, the space that they give you is not even remotely enough for me to specify all the places I’ve been at!

Help =]

SoHopeful

Re: Questions regarding VAF4A

Post by SoHopeful » Tue May 12, 2015 8:50 am

Put approximate dates.

e4e5Nf3
Newly Registered

Post by e4e5Nf3 » Tue May 12, 2015 1:52 pm

shouldn't i say that these are aprox dates somewhere?

singhsaab
Newly Registered

Post by singhsaab » Tue May 12, 2015 8:55 pm

Hi

Doesn't matter how many states you visited in America, as long as they were in one single in/out trip to the States it will be counted as one visit. Same for India, etc.
6.2 asks you for Date, Destination, Purpose, Duration for each trip. So for example:

01/03/2010 USA Tourism 46 days
05/06/2013 India Tourism 9 days
and so on and so forth...

I would recommend put the dates and exact duration and be thorough, go through your emails and e-tickets and stamps in passport to confirm what dates were departure from and return to home country. May take time and effort but you don't want to give them an excuse to delay or reject your application because you provided incorrect or insufficient information. If space in 6.2 is not enough, use Part 9 - Continuation and Additional Information. if that is not enough, add information in a covering letter.

Hope that helped.

Good luck!