ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job opportunity for Teachers

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Berben
Newly Registered

Job opportunity for Teachers

Post by Berben » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:38 pm

Hi,

I am a HSMP applicant waiting for approval, would somebody let me know the opportunity for teachers. Is a teacher in India for 10+ yrs.

Berben.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:12 am

Hello

I already replied to your question when you posted it earlier.

I posted the best job page you can get - the TES - this publication is well known and has the majority of all school teaching vacancies in the country.

http://jobs.tes.co.uk/home.aspx

There are bound to be opportunities for teachers who do their research, and use their brain! :roll:
Hi,

I am an HSMP applicant waiting for approval. Would somebody let me know what opportunities there are for teachers? I have been a teacher in India for over ten years.

Berben.
:oops:

If you want more detailed advice, please tell us what qualifications you have, what you teach, what age/level you teach at, where you would like to work in the UK, and finally, please say what sort of school you would like to work in.

As far as I am aware, teachers for certain subjects such as maths and physics are in short supply, and there are not enough teachers overall in London.

However, please check that the salary that you would get as a teacher would be enough to get your HSMP extension. If you become a teacher you may not be that well paid, especially considering the fact that you may have do additional training to work in the UK.

Please look at this very useful website about being a teacher in England, some of which is aimed at people moving from abroad.

http://www.teachernet.gov.uk/teachinginengland/

I don't think that you are going to be like the IT people who have posted, and get a job offer or a chance to submit your CV on this board.

Regards

PP

Berben
Newly Registered

Post by Berben » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:53 pm

Thanks PP for the detailed mail, it was very informative.

Quote,
If you want more detailed advice, please tell us what qualifications you have, what you teach, what age/level you teach at, where you would like to work in the UK, and finally, please say what sort of school you would like to work in.

My Qualifications are:
1. Bachelor degree in Education.
2. Masters degree in Geography.
3. G I S ( P.G.D in Geographical Information Systems)

I teach Geography & Economics for the age group 7-14.

My ideas about the schools and the places in UK are quite vague.

Regards,

Berben.