ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hiteshtuteja

English language

Post by hiteshtuteja » Fri May 15, 2015 11:45 am

Hi
My wife is about to apply for ILR in a couple of days. She came to the UK on Tier1 (general) 5 years ago and claimed points for English by showing the degree. We don't have a NARIC certificate. In order to prove knowldege of language, does it suffice that it was proven in the last application itself?
Thanks
Hitesh

rukmesh

Re: English language

Post by rukmesh » Fri May 15, 2015 11:49 am

@hitesh,

Hitesh, it does not suffice. It is funny but true. They have removed the part in the form (SET O) which said that "I have already proved in an earlier application".

The way out is that you submit the original degree and a print out from the PBS. Tier 1 General has been removed but you can select any other category and show that the degree that your wife has is listed in PBS calculator and it gives sufficient points for English.

I had emailed homeoffice on KnowledgeOfLifePolicyQueries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and they have replied to me stating the same. You could use the same email and email them to confirm (if you have doubt)

Good luck

hiteshtuteja

Post by hiteshtuteja » Fri May 15, 2015 12:13 pm

I guess I have got it sorted. There is another way. If you look at page 32 in https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _v17_0.pdf

You can go to points based calculator and find your degree. If it shows 10 points, you just need to attach that printout with your application...I guess that's all that you need unless I have missed something???

rukmesh

Post by rukmesh » Fri May 15, 2015 12:45 pm

That is what even I said

"The way out is that you submit the original degree and a print out from the PBS. Tier 1 General has been removed but you can select any other category and show that the degree that your wife has is listed in PBS calculator and it gives sufficient points for English. "

good luck !!

hiteshtuteja

Post by hiteshtuteja » Fri May 15, 2015 12:53 pm

ah, yes! Guess I totally misread...thanks for your help.