ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial support for tuition fees

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

overlord77
Newly Registered

Financial support for tuition fees

Post by overlord77 » Sat May 16, 2015 4:15 pm

I am a UK citizen, my girlfriend currently resides in the US. It is not possible for us to live together under any current immigration rules but we found if she comes here to study under the tier 4 visa then we have a chance of living together whilst I complete my university course and establish a proper career.
She would be studying in further education whilst she is here but we cannot afford the initial tuition fees of about £8,000. She is not eligible for a scholarship at her chosen educational institute and we are struggling finding any other way we could cover these initial costs. Even some form of student loan would be acceptable, I just can't manage payment in advance due to my situation.
If anyone knows of any financial help we could gather it would be great, she has dyslexia and has been home-schooled, however the state of Texas has legislation that guarantees level 3 education for homeschooled individuals.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Financial support for tuition fees

Post by Wanderer » Sat May 16, 2015 5:08 pm

Doubt it - can you not borrow the money yourself?

As well as tuition fees there are maintenance requirements too not to say the cost of the visa and the NHS surcharge.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Financial support for tuition fees

Post by physicskate » Mon May 25, 2015 10:48 am

Has your girlfriend looked to see if she can qualify for US student loans? Some Higher Educational institutions are registered with FAFSA, and she might be able to get loans in her own right.