ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Looking for a Job Before Moving

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rabab
Newly Registered

Looking for a Job Before Moving

Post by rabab » Sun May 17, 2015 12:33 pm

Hi
My husband wants to prepare himself to move to the UK . His an electrical engineer ...can anyone suggest what books to read to familiarize himself with UK standards . Anything he needs to do e.g.to become qualified Electrical engineer in the UK?

WR1

Re: Looking for a Job Before Moving

Post by WR1 » Sun May 17, 2015 2:15 pm

rabab wrote:Hi
My husband wants to prepare himself to move to the UK . His an electrical engineer ...can anyone suggest what books to read to familiarize himself with UK standards . Anything he needs to do e.g.to become qualified Electrical engineer in the UK?
This is not a immigration related matter and probably not the appropriate forum for advice on Jobs.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

rabab
Newly Registered

Re: Looking for a Job Before Moving

Post by rabab » Mon May 18, 2015 5:56 am

WR1 wrote:
rabab wrote:Hi
This is not a immigration related matter and probably not the appropriate forum for advice on Jobs.
I have read on many topics on this forum about guidance on who to look for jobs or prepare for applying before moving to the UK. You even have jobs and employment on one of the main topics on the board ...! don't see my question unrelated as my question was seeking advice on resources to read and not about how to find jobs !!!
Thank you .....

rabab
Newly Registered

Advice for Engineers looking for work in the UK

Post by rabab » Mon May 18, 2015 6:08 am

Hi
I wonder if anyone can help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Advice for Engineers looking for work in the UK

Post by CR001 » Mon May 18, 2015 6:50 am

If you use a search engine to look for information it will help. This forum is not a job or job advice portal in the sense of what you are looking at. Your spouse would be better off either looking at the universities and courses to see how his qualification matches or contacting the engineering council for information.

This website might be a good start
http://www.engc.org.uk/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Advice for Engineers looking for work in the UK

Post by CR001 » Mon May 18, 2015 6:59 am

Another thought, your spouse can also maybe contact UK NARIC to see if his qualification/degree is equivalent to the UK degree in the same field.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.