ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 school licence is revoked but no curtailment letter

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pling
Newly Registered

Tier 4 school licence is revoked but no curtailment letter

Post by pling » Fri May 15, 2015 9:10 pm

Hi,

My friend needs help or advice. She is on tier 4 visa but her school license got reviked last year. She has not received any curtailment letter since then and even her classmates. She asked her school if her status is legal and she even consulted a solicitor if her status is legal. They both sais she is fine as long she has not received her curtailment letter. However, she is planning to go back home to her country to apply for her tier 2 visa as she already has a sponsor. Would her current visa be a problem? What would be the best option? Thanks in advance.

vinny

Re: Tier 4 school licence is revoked but no curtailment lett

Post by vinny » Sat May 16, 2015 12:05 am

I agree that she should be okay if they didn't curtail her leave. However, if she had been illegally working, then this may be a more serious matter.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

khann
Newly Registered

Post by khann » Sat May 16, 2015 12:47 pm

Hi guys,
hope you are well? my tier 4 visa was curtailed to 60 days which is going to end on 30th may2015... i have searched a lot to continue my studies but no college(s) is offering a case letter. i have girl friend from eu and she lives with me we want to marry and for that i have notified the council but they have given the appointment 0n 21st may and after that i would need 28 days or in referral case it might take up to 78 days.
i dont want to breach the uk law and dont want to live here overstayed...how can i have time from UKBA to remain legal till my marriage ceremony? please help me, shall i involve layer or any other option if you guys knows would very appreciated! thanks

pling
Newly Registered

Post by pling » Mon May 18, 2015 7:25 am

vinny wrote:I agree that she should be okay if they didn't curtail her leave. However, if she had been illegally working, then this may be a more serious matter.
Hi vinny thank you for the reply. Yes, she did work illegally but has already stopped now for a few months. What would possibly happen to her tier 2 application? Thank you.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon May 18, 2015 7:48 am

They may refuse under 320(7B) or 320(11) if she breached a condition attached to her leave.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.