ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Tier-1 Dependant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mdsadiqm

ILR for Tier-1 Dependant

Post by mdsadiqm » Sun May 17, 2015 3:11 pm

Hi,

I have received my ILR from tier-1 general last april 2014, and my wife is currently on tier-1 dependant visa she arrived in this country before July 2012 and her current visa is valid until Oct 2015, i am assuming she is now eligible for Indefinite visa as she has completed her 2 years of dependent stay, could some one please let me know which form to use for settlement, i am assuming it as SET(O) ? if yes then in
1. section B what category i need to select is it PBS Dependant ?
2. in section 4.3 not sure about what to select for english language as she studied in india and we have a certificate from osmania university that the degree was taught in english and i used the same for extension last time , i am specially worried about UK NARIC certificate to confirm ? let me know which option best suits her ?

Thanks
Sadiq

mdsadiqm

Re: ILR for Tier-1 Dependant

Post by mdsadiqm » Sun May 17, 2015 8:17 pm

Can some body respond to my post, its urgent please.

Thanks
Sadiq

mdsadiqm

Post by mdsadiqm » Mon May 18, 2015 8:21 am

Any experts please respond to my post regarding ?

Thanks
Sadiq

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon May 18, 2015 9:35 am

SET(O) is correct, unless she had previously switched to FLR(M).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon May 18, 2015 9:53 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mdsadiqm

Post by mdsadiqm » Mon May 18, 2015 11:06 am

!!!important

Thanks vinny, its a lot of data.

i am still not sure what to tick for English option:

Is it right to check UK NARIC confirmed that the qualification was taught or research in English (see screen shot)
http://screencast.com/t/LbUuynHU

Evidence would be :

Master's degree from India
Medium of Instruction certificate English ( for Master's degree which is 2 year course)
print out from Tier-2 Point based calculator allocating 10 points for the same
and a print out from https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english

Would all this be enough or do i actully need to get it verfied by UK NARIC ?

Thanks
Sadiq

mdsadiqm

Post by mdsadiqm » Mon May 18, 2015 1:27 pm

mdsadiqm wrote:!!!important

Thanks vinny, its a lot of data.

i am still not sure what to tick for English option:

Is it right to check UK NARIC confirmed that the qualification was taught or research in English (see screen shot)

Evidence would be :

Medium of Instruction certificate English ( for Master's degree which is 2 year course)

Would all this be enough or do i actully need to get it verfied by UK NARIC ?

Thanks
Sadiq
**** URGENT

Can you please respond vinny ?

Thanks
Sadiq

mdsadiqm

Post by mdsadiqm » Tue May 19, 2015 1:07 pm

Got this response today from: <KnowledgeOfLifePolicyQueries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk>

Knowledge Of Life Policy Queries
To 'Sadiq Mohiuddin'
CC Knowledge Of Life Policy Queries Today at 1:28 PM
Dear Sadiq

You are correct in all that you set out below.

UK NARIC updates the calculator for our use and therefore if you have achieved 10 points on the calc, then UKNARIC have deemed this acceptable to us.

Kind regards

Gemma Parle
Nationality and Settlement Operational Policy | Immigration & Border Policy | Home Office

Hide original message
From: Sadiq Mohiuddin [mailto:mdsadiqmohiuddin@yahoo.com]
Sent: 19 May 2015 09:19
To: Knowledge Of Life Policy Queries
Subject: English query

HI,

I am applying for ILR for my wife and she is currently on Tier-1 General dependent and i am using form SET(O) to apply for her ILR

Evidence would be :

Would all this be enough to qualify for her English ?

Thanks
Sadiq

This email was scanned by the Government Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Vodafone in partnership with Symantec. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) In case of problems, please call your organisations IT Helpdesk.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for legal purposes.
This email and any files transmitted with it are private and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please return it to the address
it came from telling them it is not for you and then delete it from your system.
This email message has been swept for computer viruses.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Vodafone in partnership with Symantec. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) This email has been certified virus free.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for legal purposes.

mdsadiqm

Post by mdsadiqm » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:37 pm

ILR Application successful for my wife at Birmingham PEO, i went last thursday on 28th May and documents i have submitted are:-

1. Application SET(O)
2. Bank STatements last 12 months
3. Pay slips Last 12 months
4. English Degree certficate from Indian university
5. Masters Certificate from Indian University
6. P60's last 2 years
7. Marriage Certificate
8. couple of random bank statements for join account to prove cohabitation ( not sure whether it was required at all)
9. Birth certificate of 2 childs

in 2 hours they called me to collect my documents and today i have received biometric card.

Thanks george & vinny for the help.

iffi786

Post by iffi786 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:46 am

Hi good news I need ur help I m applying for my wife IlR via post which documents should I send did u send ur p60 and payslips or ur wife my wife she is not working she is house wife ... I m sending. Nhs card... Her bank stat last 2 years......her dvla .....her nhs letter ....tenancy agreement from landlord....marriage certificate....and her Ni letter. Her mob bills. my last 3 years p60""""my last 3month bank statements my passport my brb card or u suggest and thing

mdsadiqm

Post by mdsadiqm » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:24 am

iffi786 wrote:Hi good news I need ur help I m applying for my wife IlR via post which documents should I send did u send ur p60 and payslips or ur wife my wife she is not working she is house wife ... I m sending. Nhs card... Her bank stat last 2 years......her dvla .....her nhs letter ....tenancy agreement from landlord....marriage certificate....and her Ni letter. Her mob bills. my last 3 years p60""""my last 3month bank statements my passport my brb card or u suggest and thing

if sending by post, i would suggest to send a copy of your passport and biometric card self sign, also i did submit last 2 years p60 & for cohabitation what you have listed is more than enough, again i am not an expert.

Regards
Sadiq