ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Allowed

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

james_joyce
Newly Registered

Appeal Allowed

Post by james_joyce » Mon May 18, 2015 3:00 pm

Hello,

I was rejected for tier 4 visa in the UK due to maintenance of funds. My spouses application was rejected as well. I (main applicant) appealed the decision on 14-01-2015, and on the 30-01-2015 my wife's decision was made as well. We appealed the decision (we had the right to appeal as our applications were made before 20-10-2014) and on 11th May 2015 my wife's decision was sent out that her appeal has been dismissed. My wife's documents went to Manchester and the judge wrote that he didn't have my appeal with him so he was not aware whether I made an appeal or not so he had to reject my wife's appeal. After 2 days I received my appeal decision saying that the court has allowed my appeal and has asked the Home Office to pay the fees back to me as well.

My query is, if I got accepted for the appeal, does my wife still need to apply for permission to the Upper-Tribunal? Or do we have to write to the home office or the first tier tribunal to reconsider the decision. Because as per law, if the main applicant is accepted for the visa there is no issue for the dependent to receive the visa as well.

Please help

Regards

James

james_joyce
Newly Registered

Re: Appeal Allowed

Post by james_joyce » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:18 pm

Can someone please reply to my post