ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

De Facto Relationship *urgent*

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gorgeous
Ireland

De Facto Relationship *urgent*

Post by gorgeous » Sat May 16, 2015 12:10 pm

Hi guys, I am posting on behalf of a friend.

She holds a Stamp 4 on a De Facto Relationship basis, however she is not together with this guy anymore, because he is living in the UK, he comes here every year to renew her visa, as he did this month. When they were living together he gave her a dog as a gift. She is the only one taking care of it, he doesn't pay for anything (dog food, pet shop and etc.), and when he came this month he said that he wants the dog back, but obviously she doesn't want to give it to him.

Now we are getting to the bottom part. He was/is threatening her saying that he won't come to Ireland to renew her visa anymore and she'll have to leave the country. He was also threatening her with other things.

I wonder if she could go to a lawyer to accuse him of these threats. I just don't know what to do because they are not married, and also I don't know if there is any other type of visa where she could support herself, since she's been with her Stamp 4 for 3 years and working in a full time position.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

jeupsy

Re: De Facto Relationship *urgent*

Post by jeupsy » Sat May 16, 2015 1:15 pm

Depends on what the other threats are - but at least she won't get anywhere with blaming him for not willing help her renew her Stamp 4 (they are both doing something illegal lying about their relationship to immigration authorities so it will just cause trouble for both of them - especially to her).

She won't be able to keep going like this forever - if she wants to stay in Ireland she really needs to obtain an immigration status that is not dependant on her ex partner. Anyway her employer could sponsor a work permit?

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Sun May 17, 2015 11:32 am

jeupsy wrote:Depends on what the other threats are - but at least she won't get anywhere with blaming him for not willing help her renew her Stamp 4 (they are both doing something illegal lying about their relationship to immigration authorities so it will just cause trouble for both of them - especially to her).

She won't be able to keep going like this forever - if she wants to stay in Ireland she really needs to obtain an immigration status that is not dependant on her ex partner. Anyway her employer could sponsor a work permit?
Hi Jeupsy,

Thank you very much for your response!

Yeah, even if the guys was coming here every year to renew her visa she wouldn't be able to apply for citizenship, right?
I don't think her job will give her a work permit, even if she pays for that. It is a customer service position with a sh*tty company. Do you know how can she obtain this immigration status?

Thanks! :)

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Sun May 17, 2015 9:10 pm

Well after 5 years she could apply, but she would have to keep lying about her situation during the whole process. Not something I would recomand.

If she can't get a work permit through her job options are a bit limited. She could become a student but obviously it is not great as she would be limited to working 20 hours per week and it wouldn't count for naturalisation purposes (if this is what she wants). Otherwise I don't have any great suggestion but maybe someone will have a better idea.

JimCrawford
Newly Registered

Post by JimCrawford » Mon May 18, 2015 6:32 am

She is illegally resident and needs to leave.

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Mon May 18, 2015 10:57 am

Yeah, Jeupsy! I agree.

But she is now dating an Irish guy for over one year. Maybe she marry him. But if she is on a Stamp 4 with someone else, should she get a Stamp 2 and then get married with this Irish guy to be able for a Stamp 4?

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Mon May 18, 2015 12:03 pm

gorgeous wrote:Yeah, Jeupsy! I agree.

But she is now dating an Irish guy for over one year. Maybe she marry him. But if she is on a Stamp 4 with someone else, should she get a Stamp 2 and then get married with this Irish guy to be able for a Stamp 4?
I think it might be wise to see an immigration solicitor and explain the situation. The GNIB could (rightly) become suspicious if she is transferring from a de facto status to a married status in a short timeframe and with a different person sponsoring her.

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Post by Leinsterimmig » Mon May 18, 2015 4:20 pm

GNIB may become suspicious but it can happen that people fall out of love and in love again and so one permission could be stopped and another begun. For this to happen, the Stamp 4 EUFam would have to be revoked immigration. This would involve you declaring that you were no longer with the EU citizen. You could then apply for de facto relationship with the Irish citizen but note that you will be aksed to show 2 years of residing together with the Irish citizen. If you require further assistance, drop me an email at the email address below

Regards,

Leinster Immigration
pm me for email address as it's not allowed on the open forum

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Mon May 18, 2015 7:17 pm

Sure people can change partner. But the problem is that right now she is lying to immigration authorities. To get paperwork based on her new relashionship she will have to admit she was lying (she cannot claim she was with both partners at the same time).