ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT dependent to Tier 4 General

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mt2
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT dependent to Tier 4 General

Post by mt2 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:48 pm

Hi

My wife and children are in the UK as my dependents under a Tier 2 ICT visa.

1) Can my wife switch from T2 ICT dependent to Tier 4 main applicant (I understand this has to be done in our home country)?

2) Once she gets a Tier 4, Can I and our children switch to her Tier 4 dependents in the UK?

3) Can I continue to work as a Tier 4 dependent ?

4) After an year (after implicitly serving the cool -off ) period on the Tier 4 dependent visa, can I switch to Tier 2 general and get my wife and kids back on as my dependents ?

5) If by any chance, my wife's application switch from Tier 2 ICT dependent ti Tier 4 Gen is rejected, will she lose her Tier 2 ICT dependent status also for the remainder of the valid time - or will that not be affected? (I assume not)

6) Is this route acceptable and as per the immigration rules?

Regards

Baljikrish
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 ICT dependent to Tier 4 General

Post by Baljikrish » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:14 pm

Hiya,

I have a similar situation.

I am here in UK on Tier 2 ICT long term staff Visa expiring Oct 2015

My wife is on Tier 2 ICT PBS Dependent with same expiry date.

She has got an offer from an university for PhD and I would like to know the options ,

1. Can she switch from Tier 2 ICT PBS Dependent to Tier 4 General while she is in UK ?
2. Do we need to maintain any balance in the bank account ?

Thanks
Balaji

yash1911
Newly Registered

Post by yash1911 » Tue May 19, 2015 6:37 pm

Hi All

Can anyone please kindly a response to the question asked?

Ravi_Pratap
Newly Registered

Post by Ravi_Pratap » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:23 pm

Hi Balaji
I'm in a similar situation. My ICT Tier 2 Visa will expire on Oct,2016.
Can you please update us what happened with your wife's switch from ICT Tier 2 PBS to Tier 4 General visa?

Can anyone please update on the below questions?

My wife and children are in the UK as my dependents under a Tier 2 ICT PBS visa.

1) Can my wife switch from T2 ICT dependent to Tier 4 main applicant? Does she need to go back to India or can apply while being in UK?

2) Once she gets a Tier 4, Can I and our children switch to her Tier 4 dependents in the UK?

3) Can I continue to work as a Tier 4 dependent ?

4) Do I need to serve cooling off period on the Tier 4 dependent visa, before I can switch to Tier 2 general visa and get my wife and kids back on as my dependents ?

5) If by any chance, my wife's application switch from Tier 2 ICT dependent ti Tier 4 Gen is rejected, will she lose her Tier 2 ICT dependent status also for the remainder of the valid time - or will that not be affected? (I assume not)

6) Is this route acceptable and as per the immigration rules?

Thanks
Ravi

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:31 pm

Ravi_Pratap wrote: 1) Can my wife switch from T2 ICT dependent to Tier 4 main applicant? Does she need to go back to India or can apply while being in UK?
She must apply in her home country.
Ravi_Pratap wrote:2) Once she gets a Tier 4, Can I and our children switch to her Tier 4 dependents in the UK?
Yes.
Ravi_Pratap wrote:3) Can I continue to work as a Tier 4 dependent ?
Yes.
Ravi_Pratap wrote:4) Do I need to serve cooling off period on the Tier 4 dependent visa, before I can switch to Tier 2 general visa and get my wife and kids back on as my dependents ?
No.
Ravi_Pratap wrote:5) If by any chance, my wife's application switch from Tier 2 ICT dependent ti Tier 4 Gen is rejected, will she lose her Tier 2 ICT dependent status also for the remainder of the valid time - or will that not be affected? (I assume not)
Yes.
Ravi_Pratap wrote:6) Is this route acceptable and as per the immigration rules?
Don't understand the question.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

adviceme
Newly Registered

Post by adviceme » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:18 pm

Hello MT2,
Did you finally manage to change your wife's visa ?