ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence of More than 6 weeks- naturalisation application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

saad786

Absence of More than 6 weeks- naturalisation application

Post by saad786 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:24 am

Dear all,
I have a question. I applied for my wife`s naturalisation application a month and a half time ago. Yesterday we recieved a letter stating that we have to provide information if she has been away for more than 6 weeks in a year in last five years.

We got our first letter really very fast and was expecting the second letter. She was away for three months to back home due to her medical reasons in the begining but had 4 years contineous residency afterwards with no gaps.

Although I have sent the immigration team the reply with an application mentioning all her situation. Can somebody let me know how much will this impact the application. Has anybody else got such a notification from naturlization department? Your help will be highly appreciated in this regard. Thanks in advance, Saad

banana07
Member of Standing

Re: Absence of More than 6 weeks- naturalisation application

Post by banana07 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:15 am

did you tick the box that she was more than 6 weeks outside Ireland at the time of filling the application? if so, they just want to make sure that she did not "run away" and use a loophole.. if you did not tick in the box, then the man behind the entry stamps calculator got pissed off that you concealed some information and did not save him time counting, and would like to delay you for the sake of challenging you! - if reason is genuine, usually they are easy about it, but if they feel it does not sum up, then more delays and delays until one of ye give up!
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

saad786

Post by saad786 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:53 pm

Thank you very much for your reply banana07. In fact what happened was that I filled in the form that was before may 2014. So I missed that information.

They saw that and requested to send that information. I have given an appropriate reasoning about the situation and why my wife was away for more than six weeks time.

I hope to get this covered now by providing such information. If somebody has managed to workout with more than 6 weeks time outside please let me know..... many thanks in advance, saad

csdrajkot
Newly Registered

Post by csdrajkot » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:18 pm

I had five months gap in my past five years.. I have filled my application on 16th November 2014.. in couple of days i got letter from citizenship dept that please provide exact dates for that year.. i have replied immediately and finally i have received acknowledgement on 22nd November 2014.. Now i am expecting second stage letter from them but so far i have not received any letter from them... is this usual process to take time or due to Christmas and new year holiday ?

thanks

saad786

Post by saad786 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:29 pm

@csdrajkot
I think things got extremely slow from November onwards with respect to getting the gardai reports and stuff... I think you can hope for best in coming weeks. It might be a chance that the acknowledgement you got can serve as 2nd Ack letter but I am not sure about that... your best bet is to talk on Tuesday with the department and see where you are in the application processing phase.... Best of luck for your application

csdrajkot
Newly Registered

Post by csdrajkot » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:06 pm

@saad786,

Thanks Million for this .. I have been told (in general) that do not contact the department until you have not change the status like employment or Address..
At the minute i have not changed either employer or address.. so not sure it would be better to contact department regarding this..

I would like to know here what do we expect in second stage letter?

thanks

saad786

Post by saad786 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:14 pm

@csdrajkot
You can always talk to them to get an update on the processing and Since it was a christmas time you can even ask them if they have sent any letter in last few weeks. If so! chances are that it got delayed or lost.... so I would still like to recommend you to give them a ring in the morning for couple of mins to get an update....

csdrajkot
Newly Registered

Post by csdrajkot » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:16 am

I got update from citizenship department that now my application has been sent to second stage for Minister decision.. Keep finger crossed!!! :mrgreen:

apps.dbassi
Newly Registered

Post by apps.dbassi » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:17 pm

DO you show 5 year Gap with aany explaanation like House rent.

I have the same problem. i am going to complete 5 yrs in Jan-2016 but i have 5 months gap in 2013, but i dont have any house bills/utility bills to prove that i maintained relation to Ireland. I went US in that period, even i was not in india

Pls suggest

Regards

csdrajkot wrote:I had five months gap in my past five years.. I have filled my application on 16th November 2014.. in couple of days i got letter from citizenship dept that please provide exact dates for that year.. i have replied immediately and finally i have received acknowledgement on 22nd November 2014.. Now i am expecting second stage letter from them but so far i have not received any letter from them... is this usual process to take time or due to Christmas and new year holiday ?

thanks

apps.dbassi
Newly Registered

Post by apps.dbassi » Mon May 11, 2015 12:46 pm

to : csdrajkot

Pls shed some light on this.

As i have 5 months gap during 5 yrs in which i didnt have any contacts with ireland like utility bills/hpusing bill .

regards
apps.dbassi wrote:DO you show 5 year Gap with aany explaanation like House rent.

I have the same problem. i am going to complete 5 yrs in Jan-2016 but i have 5 months gap in 2013, but i dont have any house bills/utility bills to prove that i maintained relation to Ireland. I went US in that period, even i was not in india

Pls suggest

Regards

csdrajkot wrote:I had five months gap in my past five years.. I have filled my application on 16th November 2014.. in couple of days i got letter from citizenship dept that please provide exact dates for that year.. i have replied immediately and finally i have received acknowledgement on 22nd November 2014.. Now i am expecting second stage letter from them but so far i have not received any letter from them... is this usual process to take time or due to Christmas and new year holiday ?

thanks

csdrajkot
Newly Registered

Post by csdrajkot » Mon May 11, 2015 1:04 pm

You have to mentioned addresses with dates (either you was in Ireland or abroad)
second thing you have to provide proper explanation like why was you absent from ireland..

apps.dbassi
Newly Registered

Post by apps.dbassi » Thu May 14, 2015 3:34 pm

Thank you Bro,

How can mention that i left Ireland for other oppurtunity in US and left my family in India. Will they consider it?

regards
csdrajkot wrote:You have to mentioned addresses with dates (either you was in Ireland or abroad)
second thing you have to provide proper explanation like why was you absent from ireland..

zkzkz
Newly Registered

Post by zkzkz » Thu May 14, 2015 4:21 pm

My understanding is that if you're absent for short trips for holidays or were employed in Ireland and required to travel for your employment then you're basically ok. I'm assuming your residence information was still continuous. They may ask for additional documents to verify this.

If you were absent for 5 months because you were looking for work or working elsewhere then my guess is they will consider those five months non-reckonable. You should probably wait 5 months extra so that your reckonable residency is still 5 years (or three years or whatever the requirement is for your situation). And you should wait until those five months are not in the last year since you need to be resident for the last year.

I do not work for the DOJ or INIS or have any special insight into their workings. I am not a solicitor. This is just my best guess from the way the questions and instructions are phrased.

apps.dbassi
Newly Registered

Post by apps.dbassi » Wed May 20, 2015 6:46 am

Thank you.

One of my friend told me same thing. if any one left ireland "intentionally" then it is not considered(period).

regards
zkzkz wrote:My understanding is that if you're absent for short trips for holidays or were employed in Ireland and required to travel for your employment then you're basically ok. I'm assuming your residence information was still continuous. They may ask for additional documents to verify this.

If you were absent for 5 months because you were looking for work or working elsewhere then my guess is they will consider those five months non-reckonable. You should probably wait 5 months extra so that your reckonable residency is still 5 years (or three years or whatever the requirement is for your situation). And you should wait until those five months are not in the last year since you need to be resident for the last year.

I do not work for the DOJ or INIS or have any special insight into their workings. I am not a solicitor. This is just my best guess from the way the questions and instructions are phrased.

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:06 pm

Great info on this forum. I'm planning to apply for my naturalisation in Jan next year and I have two gaps (one due to sickness and one due to my father's leg operation). I think the best option is to simply send then a copy of your lease and utility bills in advance in order to avoid any hassles.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:11 pm

Alixlboy wrote:Great info on this forum. I'm planning to apply for my naturalisation in Jan next year and I have two gaps (one due to sickness and one due to my father's leg operation). I think the best option is to simply send then a copy of your lease and utility bills in advance in order to avoid any hassles.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
Kindly refrain from digging up topics that were started in 2014. Open your own topic if you have specific questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.