ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can i apply if i withdraw my appeal?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

prishita
Newly Registered

can i apply if i withdraw my appeal?

Post by prishita » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:45 pm

Hi,
I live in UK.I got my tier 4 visa from june 2010 until oct 2011.My visa is cancelled because my college was asking for more money which i couldn't pay on time and i missed 10 of my classes as i was very sick. but i have informed my college over the phone but i didn't have any written documents with me. But i got an appealing right so i have appeal for it. My husband has 3 years student visa which is expires on 2014. Actually we were planning to switch my visa in my husbands dependent but now as i am appealing i cannot switch my visa until i win my case or i withdraw my case. And the problem is we have to go back to our country this june for a very important stuff so i dont have that much time to wait until i get the my hearing. And i have heard that if i withdarw my case i can go back and apply on my husbands dependent straight away and come back again. Is that true.I just wanted to know if i withdraw my case and go back will i be ban for a year to apply or can i apply as soon as i get there. Please help me. I cannot decide at this point.

ash786
BANNED

Re: can i apply if i withdraw my appeal?

Post by ash786 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:55 pm

prishita wrote:Hi,
I live in UK.I got my tier 4 visa from june 2010 until oct 2011.My visa is cancelled because my college was asking for more money which i couldn't pay on time and i missed 10 of my classes as i was very sick. but i have informed my college over the phone but i didn't have any written documents with me. But i got an appealing right so i have appeal for it. My husband has 3 years student visa which is expires on 2014. Actually we were planning to switch my visa in my husbands dependent but now as i am appealing i cannot switch my visa until i win my case or i withdraw my case. And the problem is we have to go back to our country this june for a very important stuff so i dont have that much time to wait until i get the my hearing. And i have heard that if i withdarw my case i can go back and apply on my husbands dependent straight away and come back again. Is that true.I just wanted to know if i withdraw my case and go back will i be ban for a year to apply or can i apply as soon as i get there. Please help me. I cannot decide at this point.
1. If you withdraw your appeal then u need to leave the UK normally within 28 days.
2. If you stay here after u withdraw u appeal then u will be illegal as u visa has been cancelled.
3. As long as u leave the UK wirhin 28 days u will be fine and wud not be banned.
4. Another point is why did u appeal, u wud never win this appeal in any circumstances as the college has reported you to the UKBA and the correct procedures have been followed.

prishita
Newly Registered

Post by prishita » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:39 am

Thank you so much for ur reply...really appreciate....The reason i appeal is, i havent done any thing beyond the law...in my refusal letter they have said that i didnt pay my college fees due, which is totally wrong because i join this college on 26 april 2010 and it is ending on june 2011 and in my cas letter it is clearly written that i have already paid my college fees. i paid £4000 for a whole course. But on jan the college asked me to pay £2000 more for jan to june.I dont understand they didnt say any thing about that when i join in this college. The money that i paid was just for a year i.e april to jan thats what they are saying. And college has not given me any written notice about my money due. and another thing they have said that i missed 10 of my classes which is true but i have always informed the college about my situation, informed that i was very sick. This college always threatened me that if i dont pay the money they are going to inform homeoffice. So do u think this is fair. If i have that much time i would fight for my case even if i lose. But unfortunately i dont have that much time to wait until my hearing.

So i have to withdraw my case and go back. And as my husband is here in uk i would like to come back with my husband. So thats the reason i want to confirm that if i go back will i be able to apply on his dependent as soon as i get there.What are the chances? And What do you think I would have done to get my visa back. Please help me.

DavidWatkins
Newly Registered

Re: can i apply if i withdraw my appeal?

Post by DavidWatkins » Wed May 20, 2015 3:44 pm

I have worked in immigration. The fact is that you can appeal once you have been turned down for a residence permit. My advice is NOT to go to appeal, but to go back to your own country and appeal from there. Your appeal will carry more weight if you do it this way. Withdraw your appeal BEFORE it goes to the court if you want your option to visit the UK in future to have a good chance of being successful.