ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 1 (general) extension , got interview call

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Nilu2014
Newly Registered

Re: tier 1 (general) extension , got interview call

Post by Nilu2014 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:12 pm

Hi Sri/ddkuk

Have you got any response from HO?

Regards,
Nilu.
Last edited by Nilu2014 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

ddkuk
Newly Registered
India

Post by ddkuk » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:56 pm

Nilu2014 wrote:Hi Pravin/ddkuk

Have you got any response from HO?

Regards,
Nilu.
No updates. Still waiting for letter from HO.

mywork19/sriv/jillter - Any updates guys.
Looks like you all had interview on March 11th.

Sriv
Newly Registered

Post by Sriv » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:18 pm

Hi Guys,

Just to update, today I have received the Approval letter..Waiting for BRP card.

Nilu2014
Newly Registered

Post by Nilu2014 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:09 pm

Hi sriv,

Congrats for your Approval
Are u self employed?
When was your interview and location?

I am still waiting for the HO decision?

Thanks!!

ddkuk
Newly Registered
India

Post by ddkuk » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:35 pm

Sriv wrote:Hi Guys,

Just to update, today I have received the Approval letter..Waiting for BRP card.

Congrats Sriv.

I checked the tracking status of my delivery and it says "On the way".

Hope its a positive decision. Fingers Crossed !!

ddkuk
Newly Registered
India

Post by ddkuk » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:35 am

Got the approval letter with documents today. Thank you all.

Nilu2014
Newly Registered

Post by Nilu2014 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:41 pm

Hi ddkuk

Congrats!!!

I am Still waiting for their decision.
Fingers Crossed !!!!!
How do I track application/delivery?
Have u included profit and loss and Company Invoices with the application ?

Thanks

ddkuk
Newly Registered
India

Post by ddkuk » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:31 pm

Nilu2014 wrote:Hi ddkuk

Congrats!!!

I am Still waiting for their decision.
Fingers Crossed !!!!!
How do I track application/delivery?
Have u included profit and loss and Company Invoices with the application ?

Thanks
Hi Nilu,

While sending postal application, I included an extra royal mail special delivery cover and noted its reference number.
I was checking the status of that special delivery to check if it was posted.

I am not self employed. I am a permanent employee.
I did not actually understand while they called me for an interview in the first place !!

Regards,
ddkuk

Nilu2014
Newly Registered

Post by Nilu2014 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:41 am

Hi ddkuk

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks!!

Nilu2014
Newly Registered

Post by Nilu2014 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:17 pm

Hi

By the God Grace got the approval letter with documents today.

Thanks to all.....

ddkuk
Newly Registered
India

Post by ddkuk » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:06 pm

Nilu2014 wrote:Hi

By the God Grace got the approval letter with documents today.

Thanks to all.....
Congratulations

BRP_0007
Newly Registered

Post by BRP_0007 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:29 pm

Hi Guys

I have interview call from UKBA My interview date is 21st March 15. I have my own registered company. I have around 45,000 gross yearly income but from half of that income is by someone who is an accountant, And he worked for few job agencies as freelance account and he used my company for invoices. But my business is not related to account its about to other field of work.

Is it can be a issue for me ?! I am so worried please help ! :cry:

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

saifuluk
Newly Registered

Post by saifuluk » Mon May 18, 2015 10:32 pm

Hi everyone,

I applied for my Tier-1 general extension on 26th June' 2013. It's been 23 months, I submitted my application and I received few apology letters from home office for taking longer than expected. Today, I got a letter saying that I will be called for interview and they will let me know the date and location of the interview. I am employed in Post office and receive around £18,000/ salary per year and accepted £ 38,000/ dividend from 2 of my ltd companies and fulfilled my 55k earning requirement. I only submitted the papers they asked for: 1) personal bank statements, 2) payslips 3) P-60 3) accountants letter 4) dividend vouchers. But didn't submit other papers like company registration paper, business lease papers, business rates, office electricity bill, phone bill, contract with my clients, business insurance, business accounts, self assessment tax or corporation tax papers and other papers, which were not compulsory but could prove genuineness of my business. I had all those documents, but didn't send them, because they were not mandatory.

Most of the post in this thread applied for extension only couple of months ago, but I applied almost 2 years ago. I can apply ILR on 10 years route after 3 months. Now if I get refused without any appeal right I will lose everything.

Any advice please.

saifuluk
Newly Registered

Post by saifuluk » Mon May 18, 2015 10:38 pm

mr_kumar78 wrote:I also got an interview call on 11 Feb.
My case is also straight forward. I am a contractor, with limited company and business account.

I showed income from 1st Nov 2013 to 31st Oct 2014 and applied on 11th Jan 2015. The income showed was salary plus dividends.

Only things to be noted is that it's 2nd extension and this time i have shown 51.5K , last time I showed 56K. But since my requirement was 50K+, so I decided to show 50K this time.

I have submitted following documents:
salary slips,
dividend vouchers,
Personal bank account statements
Business account statements
Accountant Letter
Invoices

And I got the visa approved last time with same set of papers, but got interview call this time. It's so frustrating.
I applied for my Tier-1 general extension on 26th June' 2013. It's been 23 months, I submitted my application and I received few apology letters from home office for taking longer than expected. Today, I got a letter saying that I will be called for interview and they will let me know the date and location of the interview. I am employed in Post office and receive around £18,000/ salary per year and accepted £ 38,000/ dividend from 2 of my ltd companies and fulfilled my 55k earning requirement. I only submitted the papers they asked for: 1) personal bank statements, 2) payslips 3) P-60 3) accountants letter 4) dividend vouchers. But didn't submit other papers like company registration paper, business lease papers, business rates, office electricity bill, phone bill, contract with my clients, business insurance, business accounts, self assessment tax or corporation tax papers and other papers, which were not compulsory but could prove genuineness of my business. I had all those documents, but didn't send them, because they were not mandatory.

Most of the post in this thread applied for extension only couple of months ago, but I applied almost 2 years ago. I can apply ILR on 10 years route after 3 months. Now if I get refused without any appeal right I will lose everything.

Any advice please.

saifuluk
Newly Registered

Post by saifuluk » Mon May 18, 2015 10:39 pm

pravin.bansod wrote:Hi,
Yes I attended interview. It lasted only 15 minutes, not sure in which direction it will result.
Questions were
[] Current Visa status
[1] Current employment status
[2] education
[3] Is your work related to your education
[4] Current job details, whether you self employed or employed
[5] Current annual income, business office location, monthly expenses for business, no of employees
[6] last 12 months income

last 12 months income was bouncy for me as in my application I had shown only permanent job income that ended in Jul2014.
I made it clear that I am not showing my last 12 months in come in this application but they were keen on only knowing the last 12 months income. I roughly calculated and stated that.
Hope it works out well.

Best of of luck to you.

Any advice please.

saifuluk
Newly Registered

Post by saifuluk » Mon May 18, 2015 10:41 pm

latheefth wrote:I received the brp...just now. :)
Thanks guys

Any advice please.

saifuluk
Newly Registered

Post by saifuluk » Mon May 18, 2015 10:42 pm

mywork19 wrote:Hi All,

I have attended my interview today in VFS office london, it was for 18 to 20 minutes. Pretty much same questions as above, couple of other questions what they asked me as below.

Company annual income/turnover
Current client and previous client
All other questions are same as others.

@fnabeel
If we answer fast they will ask you to repeat or slow down but they never ask you to give exact income/expenses/tax details... you can give close figures for income/expenses/business premise rent etc.
They said it will couple of weeks to process the application, lets hope for the best.
@ om.feb.26 , Sriv , Praveen and Lateef
Thank you very much for quick updates and kind & positive words.

I wish you all the very best

Any advice please.

saifuluk
Newly Registered

Post by saifuluk » Mon May 18, 2015 10:43 pm

jillter wrote:This post might be redundant (as most of the information is already posted). But, I still wanted to add my 5 cents.

Background:
  • Employed till Oct 2013.
    Self-employed (IT-Contractor) from Nov 2013.
    Sole director of a limited company with 2 shareholders (50:50)
Application details:
  • Applied for renewal on Jan 2015.
    Got a letter to do the biometrics in 2 weeks’ time.
    In about 10 days (after biometrics), I got a letter stating that they would want to interview me & that more info will follow.
    I got email in 2/3 weeks’ time detailing the interview date & time. It had also asked me to confirm that I would attend the same (which I did by email).

I was a little concerned about the interview, but I did not have anything to worry about, as my case was straight forward (at-least to me), which met all criteria.

According to me, the only thing that might be an issue was “I submitted only the past 9 months stmts / payslips / dividend vouchers”. [Reason: I did not take any salary before that (for tax efficiency)]

Please note that interview letter states that they will not accept any document and I cant refer to any documents while at the interview. But, I took my recent personal & business bank stms. I also took some more documents that might aid them confirm the information that I had provided previously, as authentic. I had it with me just in case.

On the interview day: VSF London office (Battleship building)
To my surprise, when I was called in, it was a telephonic / webcam call (kind of Skye call). So, all the extra supporting documents were useless. [by now you would have guessed, that I never read any forums… ]

Actual interview (many questions were repeated):
  • Confirm your name & DOB
    Do you know why you are here for?
    Current Visa status
    Whom do you work for? * 3 times
    What’s your qualification?
    How does you qualification relate to your work?
    When was your company started? * 3 times
    Name of your limited company
    What’s the company’s annual turnover?
    Monthly expense for the company
    How many people does the company employ?
    What’s your monthly / annual salary? * 3 times
    Does your company get any other income apart from the IT contract work that you do?
    How many hours do you work per week? * 3 times
    Accountant name and how much I pay them monthly.
    What all does your accountant know about your business?
    Do you have any other income?
    Do you have any question for me (interviewer)?
The interview was over in 20 mins.

All the best.

Any advice please.

saifuluk
Newly Registered

Post by saifuluk » Mon May 18, 2015 10:44 pm

jillter wrote:This post might be redundant (as most of the information is already posted). But, I still wanted to add my 5 cents.

Background:
  • Employed till Oct 2013.
    Self-employed (IT-Contractor) from Nov 2013.
    Sole director of a limited company with 2 shareholders (50:50)
Application details:
  • Applied for renewal on Jan 2015.
    Got a letter to do the biometrics in 2 weeks’ time.
    In about 10 days (after biometrics), I got a letter stating that they would want to interview me & that more info will follow.
    I got email in 2/3 weeks’ time detailing the interview date & time. It had also asked me to confirm that I would attend the same (which I did by email).

I was a little concerned about the interview, but I did not have anything to worry about, as my case was straight forward (at-least to me), which met all criteria.

According to me, the only thing that might be an issue was “I submitted only the past 9 months stmts / payslips / dividend vouchers”. [Reason: I did not take any salary before that (for tax efficiency)]

Please note that interview letter states that they will not accept any document and I cant refer to any documents while at the interview. But, I took my recent personal & business bank stms. I also took some more documents that might aid them confirm the information that I had provided previously, as authentic. I had it with me just in case.

On the interview day: VSF London office (Battleship building)
To my surprise, when I was called in, it was a telephonic / webcam call (kind of Skye call). So, all the extra supporting documents were useless. [by now you would have guessed, that I never read any forums… ]

Actual interview (many questions were repeated):
  • Confirm your name & DOB
    Do you know why you are here for?
    Current Visa status
    Whom do you work for? * 3 times
    What’s your qualification?
    How does you qualification relate to your work?
    When was your company started? * 3 times
    Name of your limited company
    What’s the company’s annual turnover?
    Monthly expense for the company
    How many people does the company employ?
    What’s your monthly / annual salary? * 3 times
    Does your company get any other income apart from the IT contract work that you do?
    How many hours do you work per week? * 3 times
    Accountant name and how much I pay them monthly.
    What all does your accountant know about your business?
    Do you have any other income?
    Do you have any question for me (interviewer)?
The interview was over in 20 mins.

All the best.

Any advice please.

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Tue May 19, 2015 9:07 am

for @ saifuluk

Sorry to learn about your situation .. here is my opinion :

Your situation :
Basic Salary : £18,000/ salary per year
Dividends: £ 38,000/ dividend from 2 of my ltd companies

As per current tight rules on previous income checks and current one , you have to face questions regarding the source of income ( contracts , invoicesetc) and in particular how you are running 2 companies while still in perm role at post office . Kindly get prepared with accounts showing Y/end and PLS accounts , your share holding in 2 companies . Hope for the best , if all is good you will see approval letter in post.

10 year rule based ILR and pending application : please search the board there are cases but i am not sure if some one has written any outcomes.

Good luck mate
Thanks

Ali

saifuluk
Newly Registered

Post by saifuluk » Tue May 19, 2015 12:54 pm

aliq09 wrote:for @ saifuluk

Sorry to learn about your situation .. here is my opinion :

Your situation :
Basic Salary : £18,000/ salary per year
Dividends: £ 38,000/ dividend from 2 of my ltd companies

As per current tight rules on previous income checks and current one , you have to face questions regarding the source of income ( contracts , invoicesetc) and in particular how you are running 2 companies while still in perm role at post office . Kindly get prepared with accounts showing Y/end and PLS accounts , your share holding in 2 companies . Hope for the best , if all is good you will see approval letter in post.

10 year rule based ILR and pending application : please search the board there are cases but i am not sure if some one has written any outcomes.

Good luck mate
Thanks Aliq09, for your response. I haven't noticed before home office already emailed me the interview date and location 4 days ago. My interview will be at the VFS centre closed to London Paddington tube station on 27th May. Spoke with my accountant today, will try me best to give some positive answers in my interview. Hope, it will be fine and UKVI will approved my visa ( Finger Crossed ).

BRP_0007
Newly Registered

Post by BRP_0007 » Wed May 20, 2015 3:30 pm

Hi My whole History till apply to got BRP & Documents.

Applied on : 5 February

Received BFP latter : 20 February

Interview latter : 26 March

Interview : 15 April ( Very formal interview and the interviewer girl was so helpful and nice )

Received All documents including approval latter : 2 May

Received BRP : 5 May.

BRP_0007
Newly Registered

Post by BRP_0007 » Wed May 20, 2015 3:37 pm

Teir 1 General is just a formal interview via videocalling. There is a small room. And a computer with headphone-mic. You have to seat front on the computer and someone will take your interview through video calling.

THEY WILL ASK APROX. 20-25 QUESTIONS. SOME SHOULD BE REPEATED ! BUT I AM PROVIDING YOU 100 QUESTIONS LIST BELLOW WHICH MADE BY ME FROM MY BEST KNOWLEDGE.

NOTE : INDIVIDUAL PERSON HAS DIFFERENT SITUATION SO MAKE SOME QUESTIONS YOUR SELF RELATED TO YOUR CASE. BUT THEY HAVE JOURNAL QUESTIONS SHEET FOR EMPLOYED AND SELF EMPLOYED. AS PER AS MY BEST KNOWLEDGE.

QUESTIONS SHOULD BE ASK TO LIMITED COMPANY OWNER :

1. Whats your Company annual income/turnover?
2. Who are your current clients and previous clients?
3. What’s your qualification?
4. How does your qualification relate to your work?
5. When was your company started ?
6. Name of your company?
7. Monthly expense for the company?
8. How many people does the company employ?
9. Whats your monthly /annual salary?
10. Does your company get any other income apart from the Photography ?
11. How many hours do you work per week?
12. Accountant name and how much you do pay them monthly?
13. What all does your accountant know about your business?
14. Do you have any other income?
15. Whats your address ?
16. Current employment status?
17. Business premises rent?
18. From how long are you self-employed?
19. Where is your business/Office located?
20. Last 12 months income?
21. Are you self-employed or business company?
22. How do you travel?
23. When did you register with the HMRC?
24. How do you know the accountant?
25. How many times do you visit him?
26. How much is your savings?
27. Describe the house you live in?
28. Where do you spend so much money?
29. How long does it take to travel here?
30. Are you still working?
31. How do you get these clients?
32. What equipment do you have in your office/house for your business?
33. Do you remember your previous address?
34. How long did you stay there?
35. Were you registering in electro roll there?
36. Tell me the major transactions from your main clients?
37. Do you have any contact with them?
38. How many times did you travels to your clients?
39. Do you advertise your business?
40. What was your final project in your master’s course?
41. Major subjects in your master course?
42. Are you paying Ni2 (National Insurance ) contribution?
43. Have you paid in past Ni2 contribution?
44. Do you have saving account?
45. Why this accountant?
46. How much does he charge?
47. Who was your previous accountant?
48. Whats the address of your previous accountant?
49. Why you not with them anymore?
50. Where are you from?
51. When you came to UK?
52. What was your reason to come to UK?
53. Why are you not working according to your study?
54. Did you work related to your study back home?
55. How long have you been running this business?
56. What is the last year’s earning of your business?
57. How much before and after tax?
58. How many clients you have/had?
59. Did you register your company with any awarding bodies?
60. Do you have your own office?
61. Do you have other people working for you?
62. How do you pay them?
63. Where are they?
64. How long have you been with your accountant?
65. What job accountant did for you?
66. What documents did you give him?
67. How many invoices do you have?
68. Are you still working for any clients?
69. How did you decide to start this business?
70. What are your business expenses?
71. What other expenses do you have?
72. What did you do with money?
73. Do you have any investment plan?
74. Why some client paid high amount of money?
75. Do you have any further comment?
76. Why you taking more divided?
77. Since how long are you Director in this company?
78. How many percentage shareholdings do you have?
88 What is your company net profit?
89 Why there is lot of 30,000 entries in your bank accounts?
90 Whats your company tax year?
91 What the nature of the work of your clients?
92 Your company provide photography and media services then who worked for this accountant field?
93 Why you changed your nature of work?
94 In your absence in this country, who was manage your company and how?
95 Why you transfer money to purvi patel’s account?
96 Why you spend more times out of the United Kingdom?
97 Why your pay slips and bank payments amount are different?
98 Why you taking all dividend and purvi patel taking only small amount of salary?
99 I found that you worked for a catering company during your business time why?
100 What was your last year income and how it was generate?

BEST OF LUCK.

e_mbh
Newly Registered

Post by e_mbh » Thu May 21, 2015 11:40 am

any one having experience for interview and what they asking
any one required to show past documents etc.

i think UKBA is prepared to refuse massive applications once time will come for T 1 general.

please share your experience in this matter as much as you can.

saifuluk
Newly Registered

Post by saifuluk » Thu May 21, 2015 1:11 pm

e_mbh wrote:any one having experience for interview and what they asking
any one required to show past documents etc.

i think UKBA is prepared to refuse massive applications once time will come for T 1 general.

please share your experience in this matter as much as you can.
Everyone, in this thread, who shared their experience of Tier-1 interview, informed us they got approval with 3/4 weeks of the interview. Where you got the information of massive refusals after interview. Did you attend any interview or are you going to attend interview ?