ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU dependent relative application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MBeard
Newly Registered

EU dependent relative application

Post by MBeard » Mon May 18, 2015 10:06 pm

Hello All,
I hope you guys are well.

I am an EU National and am in need of making an application for my younger brother and his family to join me in Ireland as adult dependent relative. His family consists of himself, his wife and a 5 year old son, they are also expecting another child around Nov 2015. They are currently not living in an EU state so will be applying from their country.

Can you please advise me which application form, guidance notes and any reference to legislation documents for me to study to understand what is required of me and how can i actually make this happen.

Your assistance is very much appreciated.

Best,

Obie
Ireland

Re: EU dependent relative application

Post by Obie » Tue May 19, 2015 10:58 am

Depending on the circumstances, your brother and his family, will at best, be considered a Permitted Family Member.

To be considered as permitted family member, you brother and his family will have to demonstrate dependency or membership of your household in another country.

It is a whole lot complex for Permitted Family member, than it is for Qualifying family members.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

MBeard
Newly Registered

Post by MBeard » Wed May 20, 2015 2:02 pm

Hi,
Thank you for your reply. I can prove dependency in terms of monthly money transfers for atleast last three years and more infact through official channels (i.e. bank transfers).

As he is my younger brother then i can provide any documentation such as birth certificates and whole lots of other details.

Do you think his family would still be classes as permitted family member? Can you please provide me the form name, so that i can read the details on the form as to what is required and also download the guidance notes to see what documents will be required and so on.

I did notice that at times caseworker guidance booklets links were posted too which is a great help to understand what is required. so i will really appreciate your assistance in this matter.

ch123

Post by ch123 » Thu May 21, 2015 11:12 am

Hey. The form you need to fill in is EU1 (fill in seperate form for everyone). I think it's better for them to come to the state first and then apply for EU1 (residence cards). They will get a six months temporary stamp and then if their application's approved after six months then they'd be granted with a five year visa.
I am an EU national and I applied for my brother and his family and they're currently on temp stamp 4. It's kind of a difficult task to prove dependency when it comes to brother/siblings but like you said you've got documentary evidences in terms of financial dependency, that would be very important.

Hope that helps. Also speak to a solicitor, they will be in a better position to help you as sibling applications are very complex.

Regards.

MBeard
Newly Registered

Post by MBeard » Thu May 21, 2015 11:29 am

hi Ch123,
I really appreciate your response. I am not able to read PM as i need to reach 10 posts, 2 more to go :).

You wrote, its better for them ot come to the state first and then apply? you mean they should visit me on visitors visa first and then when they are in state, apply using EU1 form?

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Post by Leinsterimmig » Thu May 21, 2015 12:48 pm

Hi MBeard,

I have sent you a PM on this whiich you should be able to access now that you have 10 posts :-)
pm me for email address as it's not allowed on the open forum

MBeard
Newly Registered

Post by MBeard » Thu May 21, 2015 2:01 pm

You probably wont believe but i was able to but then all of a sudden it all changed and i am not able to read them anymore.

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Post by Leinsterimmig » Thu May 21, 2015 2:03 pm

Very unusual. You can email at the email address below if you like :-)
pm me for email address as it's not allowed on the open forum