ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Detail !!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

karthikraja
Newly Registered

ILR Detail !!

Post by karthikraja » Tue May 19, 2015 9:00 pm

Hi All,
Would you please provide your expert advise whether I will be eligible for ILR.

I got my visa on Aug 2007 and travelled to UK in Oct 2007. I have been there for 6 months and I went back to my home country and was working for same project and same employer and project. Again I travelled on 2008 and went back again. My visa was valid till 2009 Aug. After that again applied for a new visa and I travelled to UK in June 2010, and after that for last 5 years I am staying here.
My COS letter was given on 01st May 2010 ( after all back ground verifications and other formalities ). After that 2 times I have renewed by visa from UK.
I am on Tier 2 ICT.

Thanks and regards,
Karthik raja.

secret.simon

Re: ILR Detail !!

Post by secret.simon » Tue May 19, 2015 10:33 pm

What date did you apply for the visa that you got in June 2010?

If the application was before 6th April, you may be eligible for ILR. If after, Tier 2 ICT holders are not eligible for ILR.

The requirements for Tier 2 ICT are given under Paragraph 245GF of the Immigration Rules. Do a search for "245GF" within the document.

karthikraja
Newly Registered

Post by karthikraja » Wed May 20, 2015 6:29 am

Hi,
Many thanks for your reply. I guess I applied in May 2010. However as you already knew the delay was due to background checks and due to general election in UK 2010.

karthikraja
Newly Registered

Post by karthikraja » Thu May 21, 2015 9:22 pm

Hi All,
can some one help me regarding the below :x

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu May 21, 2015 10:06 pm

Find out from your HR the precise date they applied for your Tier 2 ICT visa.

If the application was submitted before 6th April 2010, we can look at it further.

if the application was submitted after 6th April 2010, you are not eligible for ILR because you are on a Tier 2 ICT visa.

What you can look at is changing your visa to Tier 2 General visa. However, I'm not au fait about the rules for changing Tier 2 visas. You may want to look at the Tier 2 forums for more information.