ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visitor Visa Rejected

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ban.s

Re: UK Visitor Visa Rejected

Post by ban.s » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:28 am

few questions - as your cousin has left her employment, who current supports her in India?
is there any evidence of the planned marriage? such as engagement photos etc? will your cousin be able to include a letter from the prospective groom?

sumit33k
Newly Registered

Post by sumit33k » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:08 pm

Thnxs for reply ben.her mom is currently supporting her and yes it would be possible to include letterhowever not sure if photographs are available.another doubt is regarding her financial could you please help me out in adressing issue related to financial documents

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:20 pm

do you intend to support her financially or only extending accommodation? as per the refusal letter, it seems you only sponsored accommodation in leeds. how will she meet other expenses during the lengthy 5 month trip?

does her mom receive income from employement or other sources? is she (her mom) a house owner?

check for engagement photos - in the age of digital camera, mobile phone i am sure some sort of joint photograph would be available or some documentary evidence in support of the planned marriage/engagement especially when she would be absent for such a long time and won't be back almost until the marriage.

also any particular reason she left her job in dec while her marriage is almost 10 month away?

how do you prove the family relationship? is she a close cousin or a distant relative? do you share same surname or same birth place or parents have same surname?

if she wishes to reapply then you have to address all the issues mentioned at the refusal letter and submit a compelling story.

sumit33k
Newly Registered

Post by sumit33k » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:28 pm

do you intend to support her financially or only extending accommodation? as per the refusal letter, it seems you only sponsored accommodation in leeds. how will she meet other expenses during the lengthy 5 month trip?

does her mom receive income from employement or other sources? is she (her mom) a house owner?

check for engagement photos - in the age of digital camera, mobile phone i am sure some sort of joint photograph would be available or some documentary evidence in support of the planned marriage/engagement especially when she would be absent for such a long time and won't be back almost until the marriage.

also any particular reason she left her job in dec while her marriage is almost 10 month away?

how do you prove the family relationship? is she a close cousin or a distant relative? do you share same surname or same birth place or parents have same surname?

if she wishes to reapply then you have to address all the issues mentioned at the refusal letter and submit a compelling story.
do you intend to support her financially or only extending accommodation? yes i and her mom will support her financially

also any particular reason she left her job in dec while her marriage is almost 10 month away? she need to support her mom in all wedding related activity and also it was demand from groom family.

how do you prove the family relationship? is she a close cousin or a distant relative? do you share same surname or same birth place or parents have same surname?: i am planing to enclose supporting letter from her mom and yes we do share same surname.

ban thnxs for all your support however i am still not clear abt rejection in point 2 ,what should i keep in amount available in visa application

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:49 pm

which point are you referring to?

point 2 refers to the relationship

sumit33k
Newly Registered

Post by sumit33k » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:07 am

I was referring to point 3

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:27 pm

There are few points in #3 that need to be considered on your next application

Clarify the current situation and previous employment in india – e.g. supported by mother, left employment in Dec for upcoming engagement/marriage etc. Include relevant supporting papers (e.g. letter from mother, her finance, employment certificate, previous payslips)

I presume the 6 salary deposits were from the applicant’s previous employment. If that’s not the case then that also needs to be addressed

Again also in re to #4 re confirm her access to the £1000 in her account plus financial support from her mother and you. If you haven’t previously provided any financial information on sponsorship then you may need to provide that this time.

sumit33k
Newly Registered

Post by sumit33k » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:11 pm

thnxs for all your help ban, just to summarize below is list of document which she need to submit:

1.invitation letter from cousin sumit kumar
2.sponsorship letter from cousin and mother
3.cousin and mother financial document
4.supporting letter and photograph to show her marriage is planned
5.financial and relieving letter from previous job
6.cover letter from applicant explaining situation and purpose of visit.
please let me know if i miss anythng

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:57 pm

6. applicant's cover letter is very important. please ensure she clarifies all points listed in the refusal letter. make this as compelling as possible.
1, 2 - you can just provide one letter - invitation-cum-sponsorship. you may also use this letter to clarify /confirm the family relationship (#2) unless there are any other documentary evidence.

as you are extending accommodation to her - proof of that.

good luck and keep the forum posted.

sumit33k
Newly Registered

Post by sumit33k » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:54 pm

my cousin is goign to apply for her visa tommo and she will be staying with me for 4 month,however could you please let me knnow if it is possible to call her for some 15 days initially and if she like place then extend her stay?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:43 am

a visitor visa is usually issued for 6 months even the duration of stay is much less.

however you also need to consider:

1) in the initial application, the applicant stated her intention to stay for 5 months; offcourse travel plan and intentions change but if she states only 15 days stay now, this "may" raise concern.

2) also see the new guidance on Credibility and intentions
Assessing an applicant’s personal circumstances
In addition to meeting the requirements of the Immigration Rules, the following factors will help you assess if an applicant is a genuine visitor:
Their previous immigration history, including visits to the UK and other countries.
The duration of previous visits and whether this was significantly longer than they originally stated on their visa application. If this is the case, you should not automatically presume that the visitor is non-compliant, but this may be a reason to question the applicant’s overall intentions.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:30 pm

sumit33k wrote:visa was rejected again with out any proper reason,is there any one who can let me know if there will be any issue if visa is applied for any other country.

sumit33k
Newly Registered

Post by sumit33k » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:14 am

did you include the detailed explanation clarifying the 4 points raised in previous refusal and also all other supporting documents being discussed in the previous thread?
hello ban

yes i included everything as discussed,
engagement photograph,letter from her mother my invitation letter,breakdown of transaction with bank certificate and statement and my invitation letter including my income proof ,the only concern they raised is attached.
not sure how to convince them,also could you please let me know if there is any impact on visa application for other country if circumstance changes?
Attachments
8b41932181ecb3d9fcf9e4dc4f2fc76c.jpg
8b41932181ecb3d9fcf9e4dc4f2fc76c.jpg (159.69 KiB) Viewed 3176 times

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:29 pm

sorry to hear the decision.
without seeing the actual documents - especially the wordings of the cover letter and other supporting letters - it would be difficult to comment but I thought there was a decent chance of success in this case.

it's difficult for me to comment whether these two refusals would have any impact on other country visa applications. it's depends on the specific requirements. The applicant may be required to explain/mention/clarify these refusals in some other visa applications.

Someone I know was twice denied US visas but had no issue obtaining a UK visa and visited last week. So decisions are taken on case by case basis.

neerajverma18
Newly Registered

Post by neerajverma18 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:00 am

Dear all,

Request your assistance on refusal of my mother's family visitor visa (1 year). I'm on ILR and sponsored this trip. The reason given was:

YOU DO NOT PROVIDED ANY RELIABLE EVIDENCE REGARDING YOUR INCOME, PROPERTY OR FINANCIAL AND PERSONAL CIRCUMSTANCES IN INDIA'.BECAUSE OF INCONSISTENT NATURE OF THE LIMITED INFORMATION YOU HAVE SUBMITTED.

Property: My mother do not have any property and living with my materal uncle from past 10 years. I did enclose letter from my maternal uncle stating that she is living with him and will continue to do so at the end of her visit.

For income: I 'm sending her money on monthly basis to meet his daily expenses for which we enclosed her bank statement for 1 year.

Please help..

alpa
Newly Registered

Post by alpa » Mon May 11, 2015 3:46 pm

Hi,

I applied for UK Visitor's visa of my mother and father. Both the visa were rejected . My father is a shop keeper in a small city. I had put his employment status as self employed and a shop keeper.
The Visa Officer mentioned that "Whilst you have stated that you are self employed, you have not provided any evidence of stated business"
We dont have any business registration or tax papers for this shop as as this is not a huge business. Can some one please let us know what documentary evidence can we provide as a proof of being a shop keeper.

jonseagull
Newly Registered

Re: home

Post by jonseagull » Wed May 13, 2015 10:27 am

vikasbirla wrote:
MPH80 wrote:Please post the full refusal text.

Either way - given he was refused on a general visitor visa - he has no right of appeal. Sort the problems out in the application and re-apply.
This is the complete text

"You state that you are employed as Manager in XXXXX company with a total monthly income of Rs 17000 and in support of your application form you submitted your Bank statement with a closing balance of Rs 49,440.22 on 10-05-2013. I must access your personal and financial circumstances in India and based on the evidence you provided. I could not ascertain whether your present financial position would constitute a strong incentive for you to return to India. I also note that you stated that your entire savings is avaialble to you for the purpose of trip. The question therefore arises on how you intend to maintain yourself financially and economically on your arrival back in India. I have taken into account that you have stated that your travel will be paid by your parents, but based on your personal circumstances, I am not satisfied that you intend to leave UK at the end of your visit."

We also showed one Fixed Deposit of 2.00,000 amount and the parents visa was applied at the same time and there was more than 5,00,000 balance in the parents account and they mentioned that they will bear all the cost of his trip.

Parent got the visa but his visa got rejected.

Now - one option is to show more funds (But I think that will create doubt in the mind of visa officer again). So I am confused what is the best option now.

Even I showed my account statement from UK bank will sufficient balance and mentioned in the sponsership letter that I will bear all the cost in UK.

Please let me know

Thanks
I see no mention that you have a home in your name in India...This certainly would be a reason to return

anisantani
Newly Registered

Post by anisantani » Fri May 22, 2015 10:02 am

Hi All,

My Fiancee wants to visit me in UK while I am here on Tier 2 ICT visa. We applied for her Visitor Visa and it got refused. She is Working in TCS earning 28,000 per month.

We gave her Payslips but didnt give any company Bonafide (Mistake). Though I mentioned in application that I will be sponsoring her but didnt attach any of the documents for my financial circumstances (Second Mistake). I transferred about 50k INR to her account but it was done a day before her Visa appointment and they did not consider that transaction at all (third mistake).

We are reapplying. Her flight tickets are already booked. Should we mention that in the cover letter? This time we are getting all documents fgrom TCS HR that she is a permanent employee and will join back after her visit completes. Also, transferred 50k more in her account so it now holds 1 lac INR and have done it earlier this time and mentioned that in the invitation letter. Here is the letter content:

Date: 21/05/2015
To,
The Visa Officer,
British High Commission,
Mumbai

Respected Sir,
Subject: Letter of Invitation and Sponsorship for Ms. <name> in support of her Visitor Visa Application

I am permanent employee of Tata Consultancy Services and currently working in UK for Morgan Stanley Pvt. Ltd., on one year work permit (COS Ref. No.: <COS No.>) that expires on 01-March-2016. I have a Tier 2 ICT Short Term Staff Migrant Visa which expires on 16-March-2016. I earn GBP 31590 annually in UK. (Certificate of Sponsorship Letter, Deputation Letter with salary structure and recent Payslip attached)

My Fiancée, Ms. <name>, who lives in India, wants to visit me in UK on a short holiday trip. It would be my pleasure if you kindly grant her Visa to visit UK.

Kindly note, I am sponsoring her complete trip to UK and have already transferred sufficient funds to her Indian account for handling travelling and other expenses. (Bank Statements attached)

I declare that I take the complete responsibility to support my Fiancée during her travel and stay in United Kingdom. I also take the responsibility to provide her accommodation at my rented flat and fulfil all of her expenses which includes travel, Subsistence, Leisure and any other circumstantial needs. (My rent agreement and council tax statement attached)

My rented Address in UK:
<Address>

Our previous attempt on getting the Visa for her has failed as we didn’t produce documents supporting my sponsorship and financial circumstances to support her. Hence attaching following documents in support of the application:

Proof of Sponsorship: My bank Statements from India and UK Banks and Katyayani’s Bank statement showing the transferred amount
Proof of my Employment and Deputation: Deployment Letter, Payslips and Certificate of Sponsorship issued by my firm
Proof of my residential Address in UK: Tenancy agreement and Council Tax Bill for my current residence
Proof of Identity and Immigration: My Passport and Work Permit Visa scan

Sanguinely hoping that your honour shall accede to the above request by issuing Visitor Visa for my Fiancée.

With Deep Regards,

Can someone please tell us if we are safe this time?

Thanks,
Aniket

kiran.katawa
Newly Registered

Post by kiran.katawa » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:07 pm

Hi Aniket,

Did putting extra funds in your wife's account helped?

MY in-laws visa is refused. I am planning to deposit sufficient funds and re-apply. Do you think that would help?

Thank you,
Warm regards,
Kiran

Missy27
Newly Registered

Post by Missy27 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:38 am

Hi

I need some advice.
My partner was refused a 2 year uk visitor visa following him obtaining a 6 month multiple entry visa. He stated in his application he knew me as a friend in uk. Whilst he was in the UK he sent some money to his Nigeria bank account and they said this money was an unexplained amount and him having a large amount of money in his account considering the amount he receives from his employment.
Also whilst he was on the 6 month visa he visited twice. They stated that he spent 122 days in total despite b saying he was initially visiting for 10 days even though be didn't overstay his visa.

They said considering the amount of time they question his employment in Nigeria even though he is self-employed.

Can you advise on what he should do when re-applying.

Regards

Susan

sunnymeh
Newly Registered

Post by sunnymeh » Mon May 01, 2017 5:55 pm

kiran.katawa wrote:Hi Aniket,

MY in-laws visa is refused. I am planning to deposit sufficient funds and re-apply. Do you think that would help?

Thank you,
Warm regards,
Kiran
Hi Kiran,

Does putting an extra fund helped your situation?

Thanks
Sunny

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 01, 2017 5:59 pm

sunnymeh wrote:
kiran.katawa wrote:Hi Aniket,

Thank you,
Warm regards,
Kiran
Hi Kiran,

Does putting an extra fund helped your situation?

Thanks
Sunny
Kindly refrain from digging up topics from 2015 and please take the time to read the forum T&Cs. This user has not logged into the forum for well over a year. Start your own topic with your questions please.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.