ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby born in India parents on Tier 1 General(HSMP)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bitsian123
Newly Registered

Baby born in India parents on Tier 1 General(HSMP)

Post by bitsian123 » Fri May 01, 2015 1:13 pm

Hi,

Could you please assist on the below query.
At the moment myself on tier 1 general and I have ILR due in APRIL 2016 and my wife has extension at the same time of my ILR. we are expecting baby to be born in november 2015 and planning it in India.
If the baby is born in India
1) What visa I need to apply for baby (I suppose it could be dependent visa as child)?
2) once the baby is here(UK), when will the baby get citizenship? as the father is having ILR by the time baby is back in UK.
3) can I take india birth certficate and apply naturalization for baby through uk embassy in india??
4) do we have any alternate solution pls suggest.

Thanks,
Prabhu

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Baby born in India parents on Tier 1 General(HSMP)

Post by CR001 » Fri May 01, 2015 1:19 pm

If the baby is born in India
1) What visa I need to apply for baby (I suppose it could be dependent visa as child)? Tier 1 Dependent and will be issued in line with the parents visa.
2) once the baby is here(UK), when will the baby get citizenship? as the father is having ILR by the time baby is back in UK. Once the mother and child have ILR etc.
3) can I take india birth certficate and apply naturalization for baby through uk embassy in india??No, baby is not automatically British and is not entitled to register as a British citizen if you are not British
4) do we have any alternate solution pls suggest. If the baby is born in the UK, baby does not need a visa. Once you are granted ILR, you can register baby as BC on form MN1 under section 1(3) of the nationality act. This is an entitlement to register as born in the UK
Also, please not that for a visa for the baby, the new NHS surcharge is payable. If your spouse and baby have to extend the pbs dependent visas in 2016, they both have to pay the full NHS surcharge again for the duration of the visa extension. R200 per year
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

iubus2005

Post by iubus2005 » Sat May 02, 2015 9:40 am

From Visa / UK citizenship perspective, easiest will be to have baby born here, and he can register as citizen after you get ILR. As long as the baby doesn't leave UK, you will even avoid the visa fees etc. You are so close to ILR!!
However, there may be family and other conveniences to have the baby born in India.
Cheers.

Sana12
Newly Registered

Post by Sana12 » Fri May 22, 2015 6:28 pm

Hello ,
I have a similar query, my baby is born uk in march. We plan to go to india and then apply tier-1 dependent visa from India. We are to apply for Ilr in feb. Would we able to apply at the same time for him once we return here. My husband would also be applying for ILR at the same time as we both came together . I on tier-1general and he on tier-1dependent.
Would their be any difference in getting dependent visa from india or uk
Thanks
Sana