ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) or FLR(M) or ANY Other route?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ali1975

FLR(FP) or FLR(M) or ANY Other route?

Post by Ali1975 » Fri May 22, 2015 10:49 am

I am ILR holder and applied for British Nationality 2 months ago and have 2 British National children, my wife is on Tier(1) general main applicant visa.

I just started self employment and dont have enough income and my wife is on maternity leave but before maternity leave (7 months ago) her income was +20K per annum but now we are claiming benefits.

I need to switch her Tier 1 g visa to family visa after 6 months , what is the right route to apply as we can not meet income threshold?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Ali1975

Re: FLR(FP) or FLR(M) or ANY Other route?

Post by Ali1975 » Fri May 22, 2015 6:49 pm

Any input guys?

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Fri May 22, 2015 8:14 pm

Read the immigration rules re: maternity leave. If your wife met the requirements before and her income can count then she just needs a letter confirming and the necessary documents for the 6-12 months before maternity leave.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri May 22, 2015 8:37 pm

FLR(FP) may be the appropriate application if she cannot meet the financial requirement.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors