ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wages of illegal migrant to be seized under new plan

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Wages of illegal migrant to be seized under new plan

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Thu May 21, 2015 8:37 am

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

Petaltop

Re: Wages of illegal migrant to be seized under new plan

Post by Petaltop » Thu May 21, 2015 4:16 pm

The UK will make it a crime to work illegally. Proceeds of crime can be removed. Time in jail for a crime.
Another is contacting firms when their employees are no longer allowed to work.

Where will this leave the non-EUs whose EU partner has ceased to continue to be a qualified person and therefore they and their family members no longer have a right to reside?

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Fri May 22, 2015 6:34 am

Another interesting question that if that illegal immigrant or immigrants breaching visa conditions have joint account with a legal immigrant then how these funds will be dealt with by authorities??

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri May 22, 2015 8:13 am

I wonder whether the joint funds would be seized under the 'assisting and harbouring an illegal immigrant' offence?
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... pter10.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mkhan2525

Post by mkhan2525 » Sat May 23, 2015 4:34 pm

This rule is nothing new and has been in place for a while.

It still doesn't fully prevent an illegal migrant working illegally for example they can go self-employed and get paid cash in hand.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Sat May 23, 2015 4:48 pm

mkhan2525 wrote:they can go self-employed and get paid cash in hand.
You misunderstood because the new rule to seize such cash.

mkhan2525

Post by mkhan2525 » Sat May 23, 2015 5:00 pm

UKBA HUNTER wrote:
mkhan2525 wrote:they can go self-employed and get paid cash in hand.
You misunderstood because the new rule to seize such cash.
I understood correctly. It's still perfectly possible to offer personal services and get away with it by being paid cash in hand. How will they catch such people?

It's impossible to completely route out illegal working, its still going to happen regardless of this rule.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat May 23, 2015 7:33 pm

mkhan2525 wrote:I understood correctly. It's still perfectly possible to offer personal services and get away with it by being paid cash in hand. How will they catch such people?

It's impossible to completely route out illegal working, its still going to happen regardless of this rule.
True, but nobody says that it can't be made difficult.
“There are no ID cards. They can easily find work outside the formal economy, which is not really controlled."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... mayor.html

The lack of identification in the UK as opposed to other EU countries is supposed to be one of the lures for illegal migrants to the UK. If the law starts requiring documentation for everything from banking to renting a house, it will make the environment for illegal immigrants much more hostile. And if people who interact with illegal immigrants have sanctions placed against them, they are likely to think again of dealing even cash in hand.

It is not about targeting a specific activity, but creating a hostile environment for not only the illegal immigrants, but also those who associate with them. Thus illegal migrants will be ostracised from society.

Ironically, the UK government is emulating other EU countries in this, while talking of leaving the EU.

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Sat May 23, 2015 9:54 pm

France are to blame for the illegal immigrants in their own country because they gave away control of their borders when they signed up to Schengen.
mkhan2525 wrote:If the law starts requiring documentation for everything from banking to renting a house, it will make the environment for illegal immigrants much more hostile. And if people who interact with illegal immigrants have sanctions placed against them, they are likely to think again of dealing even cash in hand.
The same for those who help an illegal.

The end of stealing free healthcare too now that the NHS is being forced to check everyone.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat May 23, 2015 10:17 pm

mkhan2525 wrote:This rule is nothing new and has been in place for a while.

It still doesn't fully prevent an illegal migrant working illegally for example they can go self-employed and get paid cash in hand.
It agree. It is simply a sound bite to appease their xenophobic base. Nothing new. It makes no difference.

Even getting out of the EU makes little since, although i believe the prospect of UK leaving is close to 0%.

I think the UK will light a fire under itself if it was to be crazy enough to leave.

I think Phillip Hammond was right with he talked about lighting a fire, the only problem is he was wrong as to whom the fire will be lit under. It will be the UK and no the EU.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Sun May 24, 2015 7:19 am

I disagreed with few members and their statements leading to temporary mental/heart appeasement because even illegal immigrants working has been going on since long time but now the key difference of seizure of funds which was never ever be officially placed before which means extra tightened. I know a lot illegals already sending cash back home or keep their funds with their legally settled friends/relatives but still there are many who keep funds with themselves.
Regarding the UK departure from EU then I believe it will take ages because UK even have no record of EU nationals already here. But UK should leave EU because if we subtract the overall positive points from negative then the UK actually is suffering.
Think in a way that this situation happen in your motherland then what will you do by forgetting all the lures as being the EU family members.