ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 Application British Citizen and Non Eu Wife

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

immerso
Newly Registered

Re: EU1 Application British Citizen and Non Eu Wife

Post by immerso » Sun May 24, 2015 2:07 am

Hi Guys,

I went with my wife to immigration office on monday no one asked us anything and my wife has been granted with a five year stamp.

Thanks everyone specially aganty.

I have a quick question I am a British citizen working in Ireland from last 11 months can i swap my passport with Irish passport on completion of 1 year timeline is there any law ??? as whereas I know an Irish citizen can get British passport if he/she works there for 1 year.

waiting for your reply Guys.

Thanks Once Again

kokey
Newly Registered

Post by kokey » Mon May 25, 2015 8:12 am

immerso wrote: I have a quick question I am a British citizen working in Ireland from last 11 months can i swap my passport with Irish passport on completion of 1 year timeline is there any law ??? as whereas I know an Irish citizen can get British passport if he/she works there for 1 year.
If I remember this right, the rule only applied to Irish citizens moving to the UK who were born before 1949 and that rule was revoked over 20 years ago. Ireland never had any such provision.

adeolual
Newly Registered

Post by adeolual » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:36 pm

Hi,
Its would take approximately 6 months for the process of the application according to the EU directive.i am pretty sure you will get your decision before 6 months. Pls, give update as soon as you get your stamp 4eufam.

SHEGG
Newly Registered

Post by SHEGG » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:02 pm

I have been following this thread, thanks guys for your support...i am a non eea with my wife british citizen and a son...we are facing similar situation here in uk...just want to ask i still have my passport with the home office here in uk. We are planning to move to Ireland but i havent got any passport to travel, How can i go about moving to Ireland.. i am leaving in northern Ireland at the moment. Can i travel with my british wife, what is the best route to travel @immerso, @bluemoon2, @aganty .... actually am thinking on going to Nigerian embassy in dublin to do a new passport and probably take it up from there...am just confused with the whole situation

ireland2016

Re: EU1 Application British Citizen and Non Eu Wife **upda

Post by ireland2016 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:54 am

aganty wrote:
immerso wrote:Hi Guys

any suggestion ?

Am so so happy for you my friend...
At last well it does worth the wait tho..

Yeah on that of surinder Singh....
Honestly speaking you don't need it. If your wife was issued a Eufam stamp4 she can now come and go into the uk as she please if you are in the Uk or going with her into the uk she do not need a visa or family permit and can be renewed to equivalent when it expires while you in there..
and can even go get NI n start working that's directly up to you.
Hi all page members.
Need some information on someone behalf.
My friend wants to go Ireland with his British wife.
He is pakistani national and his wife is British. They have done islamic marriage in Pakistan in 2011 which has been registered with pakistani authority . He came on student visa to uk. Case is in home office pending. They still living together. They have one baby together.

Now come to the main questions...
He want to move to ireland with wife and son.
His wife claiming all benefits here.
If they move to ireland ,

Will they need to stop all benefits?

Does uk share benefits data with Ireland or vice versa?

While she claiming benefits in uk can she she work part time In Ireland.

She will do part time job to support her husband residence card application.