ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unable to attend Ceremony, any issues?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

adeel.azmat
Newly Registered

Unable to attend Ceremony, any issues?

Post by adeel.azmat » Mon May 25, 2015 8:50 am

Hi Folks,

I've been invited to the 17/July ceremony date but already had planned vacation with family before that.
a) Do you know if there are any issues if you are unable to attend the ceremony date?
b) What happens if I cannot even make the one after that (are there any limitations).

Should I reschedule my vacation? Any recommendations?

Thanks.

jeupsy

Re: Unable to attend Ceremony, any issues?

Post by jeupsy » Mon May 25, 2015 9:23 am

The only consequence for missing the ceremony is that you will have to wait for the following ceremony to be granted citizenship (jsut tell them you can't go and they will automatically invite you to the next one).

I don't think there is any clear policy about this, but I would avoid missing 2 or 3 ceremonies in a row though. Until you receive the naturalisation certificate they can still change their mind at any time, and if it looks like you can never attend it might raise concerns about your situation.

So I would say: you can skip this ceremony with no problem, but if you do make it clear in your mind that when the next ceremony comes you will attend it no matter what.

bstar

Re: Unable to attend Ceremony, any issues?

Post by bstar » Mon May 25, 2015 9:45 am

When did you received invitation letter ?