ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Registration for British Citizen born abroad

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sanjay2015
Newly Registered

Child Registration for British Citizen born abroad

Post by Sanjay2015 » Mon May 25, 2015 12:41 pm

Hello,

I'm in the process of applying for naturalization along with my son's who is under 18 yrs.

My Status

Current Status: ILR + 1 yr
Language Criteria:- Life in the UK Test + UK university Degree

Son's status:-

Date of Arrival: April 2005
Visa Status : Dependent visa
Applied for ILR 2012: Refused
Discretionary leave Given: Until July 2015
Absences from UK: zero

I like to know if i can apply for my son to register as a BC with the above criteria.

According to section 1.4, on basis of 10 yrs legal stay, a child under 18 yrs can apply naturalization.

I like to know if he needs an ILR first or he can apply directly for BC.

Many thanks.

vinny

Re: Child Registration for British Citizen born abroad

Post by vinny » Mon May 25, 2015 12:47 pm

It's risky to apply without ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Qasim2020
Newly Registered

Post by Qasim2020 » Wed May 27, 2015 12:13 pm

hi amber , i have been actively visiting this website , i need advice regarding my son ,
i have given ILR AUGUST 2014, my 2 children born here in uk and now british passport holders, my eldest son who is around 8yrs old was given discreationery leave along with my wife until 2017 , i just want to know that my son is here in uk since 2008, can i apply his naturalization after my naturalization in AUG2015 and what is the procedure. thanks and awaiting for your reply.

Qasim2020
Newly Registered

Post by Qasim2020 » Wed May 27, 2015 3:24 pm

hi , i have been actively visiting this website , i need advice regarding my son ,
i have given ILR AUGUST 2014, my 2 children born here in uk and now british passport holders, my eldest son who is around 8yrs old was given discreationery leave along with my wife until 2017 , i just want to know that my son is here in uk since 2008, can i apply his naturalization after my naturalization in AUG2015 and what is the procedure. thanks and awaiting for your reply.