ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR ALREADY DUE BUT CURRENT TIER 1 APPLICATION IN APPEAL

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

qavikainat
Newly Registered

ILR ALREADY DUE BUT CURRENT TIER 1 APPLICATION IN APPEAL

Post by qavikainat » Mon May 25, 2015 6:14 pm

Hi Everyone,
I entered UK in September, 2004 and have completed 10 years residency in September 2014 last year. My most recent application was TIER 1 Entrepreneur back in Feb'14 which was refused later in the year. I have since then appealed and in between my 10 years got completed.

Now, my question is, is it the right thing to do withdraw the appeal and apply for ILR on PEO. Are there any pros or cons of doing so as the judge in reply to first tribunal appeal agreed that I have 10 years legal residency.

If someone can please shed light on my question above and I would be very much obliged.

Many thanks,

QB

atikur

Re: ILR ALREADY DUE BUT CURRENT TIER 1 APPLICATION IN APPEAL

Post by atikur » Mon May 25, 2015 9:55 pm

qavikainat wrote:Hi Everyone,
I entered UK in September, 2004 and have completed 10 years residency in September 2014 last year. My most recent application was TIER 1 Entrepreneur back in Feb'14 which was refused later in the year. I have since then appealed and in between my 10 years got completed.

Now, my question is, is it the right thing to do withdraw the appeal and apply for ILR on PEO. Are there any pros or cons of doing so as the judge in reply to first tribunal appeal agreed that I have 10 years legal residency.

If someone can please shed light on my question above and I would be very much obliged.

Many thanks,

QB
You should consult a Solicitor. You have to withdraw the appeal from the court and same day you have to apply for ILR. One of my friend went through the same situation as you and he got the ILR. you guys are lucky, me got FTT Hearing date long before me to reach the qualifying period of 10 years long residency.