ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage breakdown

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Secret1234
Newly Registered

Marriage breakdown

Post by Secret1234 » Mon May 25, 2015 3:10 pm

Hiya hope your all well I have a quick question.

I have legally been married for 4 years now and now have a 2 year old son. My ex husband recently got his 10 year route visa 7 months ago. For the past 3 months we are separated but not legally as in divorced. I am a lone parent and I am claiming housing benefit etc as a lone parent. I am British born I felt like this was a marriage fraud where he was using me for his legality. His got his 30 month limited leave to remain. What can I do to get rid of him or something?? People like this should NOT be allowed to remain in the uk. There are more people that are worth it then him. Someone please help. Many thanks in return :) xxx

Amber
Mood:

Re: Marriage breakdown

Post by Amber » Mon May 25, 2015 3:56 pm

Nothing, you'll have to just get over it. He'll also be able to apply for naturalisation as you're still married. Nothing you can do I'm afraid.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Mon May 25, 2015 4:48 pm

Amber has already advised correctly.

But what a nonsense even to imagine when someone raise finger on the legality of marriage after spending 4 years with a child :D :P
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

hopeful2003
Newly Registered

Post by hopeful2003 » Mon May 25, 2015 6:27 pm

Exactly! Some people take advantage of their status to abuse and take advantage of their partners.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon May 25, 2015 8:10 pm

You still can report him to Home Office if he is not contributing to the life of your child.

He was granted a 30 months leave and not ILR.

So he can be reported and could have his leave curtailed.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon May 25, 2015 8:31 pm

Is having his leave curtailed in the best interest of the 2 year old son?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon May 25, 2015 8:36 pm

Casa wrote:Is having his leave curtailed in the best interest of the 2 year old son?
I don't know. That will be for the court to decide .

But if she is correct that she was been used and that the father is not In their lives , I fail to see how the child's best interest could be affected .

I don't wish to engage in that debate.

I only wanted to clarify that this guy was given a 30 months rather than ILR .

Reading the replies, it appears that people are proceeding and advising as if the O P'S husband has ILR.

I simply wish to clarify that this does not seem to be the case.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue May 26, 2015 2:25 am

Sorry I misread that the husband had indeed been granted ILR. If he has not been granted ILR then she may inform the UKVI of the relationship breakdown. However, he's been involved with the child for 2 years so Unless that radically changes it'll not make much difference.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.