ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence & ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SYED.ZAIDI

10 years long residence & ILR

Post by SYED.ZAIDI » Sun May 24, 2015 8:42 pm

Hi, i got two very quick questions
1. completing my 10 years uk on 05 oct 2015- how earliest i can apply for ILR through PREMIUM SERVICE. or one can apply in premium service before 28 days?
2. dependant spouse who have been in uk for 9.5 years when he can eligible to apply for ilr once main applicant got ILR through premium service.
Pls reply Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 10 years long residence & ILR

Post by CR001 » Mon May 25, 2015 9:13 am

SYED.ZAIDI wrote:Hi, i got two very quick questions
1. completing my 10 years uk on 05 oct 2015- how earliest i can apply for ILR through PREMIUM SERVICE. or one can apply in premium service before 28 days? You can apply no sooner than 28 days before reaching 10 years residence.
2. dependant spouse who have been in uk for 9.5 years when he can eligible to apply for ilr once main applicant got ILR through premium service. What is spouse current visa status and when does this visa expire?
Pls reply Thanks
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SYED.ZAIDI

Post by SYED.ZAIDI » Mon May 25, 2015 11:14 am

we have tier2 general visa expiring in a month time. we need just extension and then main applicant completing 10 years in uk in early oct 2015 and dependant completing 10 years in uk in dec 2015.
my question is suppose main applicant get ilr in premium service say on 10th sep 2015 then how earliest dependant can apply for ilr.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 25, 2015 12:11 pm

then how earliest dependant can apply for ilr.
No sooner than 28 days before reaching 10 years residence!
dependant completing 10 years in uk in dec 2015.
So depending on what date dependent reaches 10 years in December 2015, less 28 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SYED.ZAIDI

Post by SYED.ZAIDI » Mon May 25, 2015 12:29 pm

Dear CR001, what if dependant apply for ilr as dependant once main applicant get ilr? why should dependant wait for 28 days before dec 2015? i assume your reply is valid when dependant apply for ilr on their own? please correct me. thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 25, 2015 12:51 pm

If you apply for ILR based on Long Residence, this route does not permit partners to apply as your dependent for ILR. Your dependent won't qualify for ILR at the same time as you because you are applying on long residence basis.

There is no transitional rules in place for your dependent to apply for ILR once you have ILR. They will either have to wait till they qualify for 10 years long residence, or switch to FLR(M) and then apply when they qualify.

For your partner to apply based on long residence, they can only apply within 28 days before reaching 10 years, regardless of your application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

SYED.ZAIDI

Post by SYED.ZAIDI » Mon May 25, 2015 3:55 pm

now its clear to me. Many thanks CR001

munna007

Post by munna007 » Tue May 26, 2015 12:34 pm

Me and my wife both came to UK in Sept, 2005 so v both are completing our 10 years on our own independent status, therefore would be applying Individual applications (SET) LR in Aug 2015 using Premium service, 28 days before completing our 10 years

SYED.ZAIDI

Post by SYED.ZAIDI » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:06 pm

does immigration rule 287(a)(i)(d) apply to me?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:15 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

SYED.ZAIDI

SET (LR) and Tier2 dependant

Post by SYED.ZAIDI » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:43 am

Hi
i have applied my tier2 extension and now waiting for the decision. in early Oct 2015 i'm completing my 10 years in uk and intending to apply ilr based on long residence in Sept 2015 through premium service. my wife, who is currently on my tier2 dependant, will also complete her 10 years in uk in Dec 2015. so my question is if i will switch to ilr in Sep 2015 then what would be the status of my wife? does she can continue her tier2 dependant until Dec 2015 when she will become eligible to apply ilr on her own OR she needs to switch some other category in Sep 2015? will her continue residence affected between Sep and Dec? please reply with relevant reference in the rules.
many thanks

vinny

Re: SET (LR) and Tier2 dependant

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:50 am

If she has sufficient leave, then remaining on current leave before applying for SET(LR) should be possible.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

SYED.ZAIDI

ilr lr n tier2 dependant

Post by SYED.ZAIDI » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:29 pm

i'm dependant of tier2 general and i'm going to apply my set (lr) at premium service in dec 2015. my main applicant has already moved to settlement in sep 2015. please advise which documents i need to submit with my application other then application form, two photos, passports, brp, liuk test, english test... anything else? do i need to mention in covering letter that main applicant has already moved to settlement? does it make sense if i bring main applicant with me at the appointment? please advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ilr lr n tier2 dependant

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:02 pm

please advise which documents i need to submit with my application other then application form, two photos, passports, brp, liuk test, english test... anything else?
Yes
do i need to mention in covering letter that main applicant has already moved to settlement? does it make sense if i bring main applicant with me at the appointment? please advise.
No and no
Char (CR001 not Casa)

SYED.ZAIDI

Post by SYED.ZAIDI » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:21 pm

Thank you CR001. what about bank statements and my payslips? do i need to include it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:30 pm

No, they are not required for Set(LR). The form and guidance is clear on what documents need to be submitted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

SYED.ZAIDI

Can dependant travel?-URGENT

Post by SYED.ZAIDI » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:19 am

Hi, i'm tier2 dependant and my main applicant has already moved to settlement (ILR) in sep 2015. i'm completing my 10 years in uk in dec 2015 and i will apply my set (lr) in dec this year.
my father is very ill and he is in hospital in pakistan. i need to travel (alone) to pakistan in emergency for two weeks. My question is.... is it saved for me to travel with my current status? will it be a problem with immigration officer when i back in uk? does it affect my set(lr) application in any way? please advise urgently. many thanks

vinny

Re: Can dependant travel?-URGENT

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:34 am

IT may be unsafe to travel.

karollc
Brazil

Switching from tier 2 to ILR

Post by karollc » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:22 pm

Hi,

I am the main applicant, on tier 2 as minister of religion.

In March 2016 me and my will be eligible for ILR based on 10 years.our current visa expire in April 2017

My husband who is on tier 2 as dependent has his son of 16 years, joined him on October 2013( he is current as dependent of his father and his visa expire on April 2017)

As we are going to apply for ILR in March 2016.

So I was advised to apply Based on settlement of family settled in UK. Based on this form he needs to send his father proof of settled, so I guess we need to apply for our ILR first then apply for him
Is that right?
Or
Do we send the form at the same time of ours?

Do we need to have proof of maintenance? If yes how much? How long?

If we apply first, what is going to be my stepson's visa status
does he stay illegal?

I am completely lost on this situation

Thanks a lot
Karol

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching from tier 2 to ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:34 pm

karollc wrote:Hi,

I am the main applicant, on tier 2 as minister of religion.

In March 2016 me and my will be eligible for ILR based on 10 years.our current visa expire in April 2017

My husband who is on tier 2 as dependent has his son of 16 years, joined him on October 2013( he is current as dependent of his father and his visa expire on April 2017)

As we are going to apply for ILR in March 2016.

So I was advised to apply Based on settlement of family settled in UK. Based on this form he needs to send his father proof of settled, so I guess we need to apply for our ILR first then apply for him
Is that right?
Or
Do we send the form at the same time of ours?

Do we need to have proof of maintenance? If yes how much? How long?

If we apply first, what is going to be my stepson's visa status
does he stay illegal?

I am completely lost on this situation

Thanks a lot
Karol
You already have your own topic/thread here (click), please continue with your questions there. It is considered rude to tag onto someone else thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

karollc
Brazil

Re: Can dependant travel?-URGENT

Post by karollc » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:23 pm

Sorry for it
I just thought I could take a chance do a question on someone question.
My apologies
Karol