ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Join Spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

throwaway_tiff
Newly Registered

Join Spouse

Post by throwaway_tiff » Tue May 05, 2015 7:44 am

Right. When I applied for the Join Family visa around end of January, I put 30 April as intended date of travel. Since the date has already passed, is this going to affect my visa result?

Also, the waiting is almost unbearable. My Irish husband's work visa here expired (end of contract) and had to go ahead to Ireland without me. We just got married in December and now we have to spend time apart. Short honeymoon period is short. :(

Current processing time is five months. They're only processing applications from 16 November 2014. It's very hard for us both and I'm frustrated at people who submit fake documents and waste the embassy official's time when they can be processing applications with legit documents.

neuron

Re: Join Spouse

Post by neuron » Tue May 05, 2015 1:23 pm

No sure how accurate the "Current processing times" page is, at least with regards to Join Family visas. We had to wait 3 months for my wife's visa to be approved, even though, according to the processing times page, we should have waited approx. 5 months.

throwaway_tiff
Newly Registered

Post by throwaway_tiff » Fri May 08, 2015 5:15 pm

neuron wrote:No sure how accurate the "Current processing times" page is, at least with regards to Join Family visas. We had to wait 3 months for my wife's visa to be approved, even though, according to the processing times page, we should have waited approx. 5 months.
Where are you based though? Maybe it has something to do with location? I'm currently in Singapore and my application was sent to Dublin. Long way away. We've been waiting for three months now. Sigh.

neuron

Post by neuron » Mon May 11, 2015 8:21 am

I was in Eastern Europe. I don't think it has to do with location, as all the applications get sent to Dublin.

I completely understand how unbearable the waiting time is - I was in Ireland a good two months before my Missus could join me, and I was at my wit's end by that time.

Good luck!

throwaway_tiff
Newly Registered

Post by throwaway_tiff » Thu May 14, 2015 1:30 pm

neuron wrote:I was in Eastern Europe. I don't think it has to do with location, as all the applications get sent to Dublin.

I completely understand how unbearable the waiting time is - I was in Ireland a good two months before my Missus could join me, and I was at my wit's end by that time.

Good luck!
Oh dear. We're only week two and I'm starting to worry about my husband. It's good to live in a time when there's Skype and Facetime. Nothing beats having him beside me though.

And thanks! I need all the luck I can get!

Cheers,
Tiff

neuron

Post by neuron » Fri May 15, 2015 3:53 pm

It's tough for sure. But you'll get there - though I'd say patience is required much more than luck! :)

throwaway_tiff
Newly Registered

Post by throwaway_tiff » Tue May 26, 2015 9:59 am

Hi everyone,

Just an update. I recently received my visa approval. Like what neuron said, the waiting time is way shorter than what's published on the INIS website.

neuron

Post by neuron » Tue May 26, 2015 1:06 pm

Great news, congratulations!

Make sure you bring a copy of your marriage certificate with you (either translated to English, or on an international form that has English), you'll need it when registering with the GNIB.