ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR dependent eligibility for spouse

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

magneta

ILR dependent eligibility for spouse

Post by magneta » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:34 pm

Hi all

I need some clarification regarding ILR Dependent eligibility. I am currently on Tier 1 General, expiring in July 2015. I will be applying for ILR (3 + 2) in June 2015 using the 28 days rule. My application will be a straight forward one and I am expecting it to be approved. My husband was on Tier 4 Student visa(PhD Graduate) from December 2009. we got married in August 2012(UK registered wedding) and he applied for Tier one dependent in May 2013. He has leave until my visa expires i.e July 2015. Now my question is, because he was inside UK from 2009 , we got married in August 2012 and he would have completed 2 years as a tier 1 dependant while applying for visa, is he eligible to apply as ILR dependent along with me? or should he apply to extend his Tier 1 dependent visa, wait until 5 years completion and then apply for ILR dependent visa?

could someone please clarify?

Thanks in Advance

Magneta

magneta

Re: ILR dependent eligibility for spouse

Post by magneta » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:01 pm

Please, Can anyone help?

magneta

Post by magneta » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:52 pm

Hi

Can someone help me with my query please?

queendee85
Newly Registered

Post by queendee85 » Tue May 26, 2015 2:35 pm

Please can the experts reply this post - I am also in the same situation.

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 26, 2015 2:40 pm

He needs 5 years residence as a Tier 1 dependent to qualify for ILR so he will have to go for an extension and will have to pay the NHS surcharge too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.