ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration advise - long residency

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Meraypass
Newly Registered

Immigration advise - long residency

Post by Meraypass » Tue May 26, 2015 4:34 pm

Hi

I was refused asylum in 1994 and have a deportation order on me issued in 1996. I have lived continuously in UK since 1989. At present I have no case and am told by OLCU, Liverpool to apply any new material in person. However as I have no photo ID I am to first appear for ARC at Lunar House, Croydon. My questions are;

a. What are chances of me being detained at Lunar House for ARC when I have no case and a deportation order on me?

b. As I am in UK for around 26 years, am I better off applying under the long residency rule instead?

c. Some solicitors tell me after deportation orders years are not counted towards long residency. What is the correct picture? I suspect this was the case with 14 years rule previously but not with the new 20 years rule?

Any general advice for my circumstances to help my case would also be appreciated.

Thanks

Regards

Meraypass
Newly Registered

Long residency

Post by Meraypass » Sat May 30, 2015 10:42 am

Hi

I need to apply for long residence (20 years).

Which form should I use for it?

What is the HO/Legal guidance for proof of residence over years? Any link to guidance?

Thanks

Regards

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: Long residency

Post by Zee ali » Sat May 30, 2015 4:46 pm

Meraypass wrote:Hi

I need to apply for long residence (20 years).

Which form should I use for it?

What is the HO/Legal guidance for proof of residence over years? Any link to guidance?

Thanks

Regards
Flr fp (spend 20 years in uk )

They will put u on 10 years route to settlement (4*2.5 years)=10 years.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided