ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) Croydon PEO Tier 2 successful

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

leeloy88

SET(O) Croydon PEO Tier 2 successful

Post by leeloy88 » Fri May 22, 2015 5:53 pm

My ILR application was approved today at Croydon PEO. Such a big relief and I'm so happy. I have been worried, paranoid, stressed out about this for years esp with my long absences in 2012. I have been on this forum posting questions, reading advices to keep my sanity (but sometimes I got freaked out even more).

I'm sharing my experience with you here, hoping this maybe useful to some.

My case:
- In the UK since 2007 as a student, Tier 2 G in July 2010, extended in 2013 valid until 2016.
- Applied for ILR 24 days before completing my 5 year qualifying period.
- 290 days outside of the UK in 5 years, 2 long business trips 70+ and 80+ days with 1 week gap in between in 2012. No letter from employer specially for these 2 trips.
- Life in the UK pass notification has name in wrong order.

PEO experience:
- Arrived at 8am for a 8.40am appointment.
- 8.10am went in to have security check and sat at the café to wait a little.
- 8.30 registered and got the number, went back to the waiting area to wait.
- 8.40 ish (lost track of time at this stage) went to have my details entered in the system.
- 8.50 ish went to have my biometric done.
- 9.10 ish went back to waiting area.
- 9.50am my documents were ready for collection
The whole thing was very smooth and quick, I was prepared to wait there for 2-3 hours.

My documents:
- application form
- 3 months payslips (latest)
- 3 months bank statement (latest) by Natwest, printed at branch, no stamp or sign
- 5 P60s
- Letter from employer to confirm: employment, SOC code, salary, confirm that salary is above the required rate, one sentence in the same letter saying that all my personal and business travels were in line with the employment.
- Life in the UK pass notification (with the wrong name order, no cover letter to mention this).
- Cover letter listing out all the documents.
- List of all absences from the UK with passport page of the stamps and a clear table showing the whole days out each year of all the 5 years.
- Copies of all the above and my previous BRPs and passport pages one by one (all the passport pages were needed, it was prepared for me by the solicitor company that my employer appointed to assist me).

Caveat that I was assisted by solicitor and agent throughout the whole process. But I stayed very close to it so know exactly what was going on.

askhan

Re: SET(O) Croydon PEO Tier 2 successful

Post by askhan » Tue May 26, 2015 10:22 am

leeloy88 wrote:My ILR application was approved today at Croydon PEO. Such a big relief and I'm so happy. I have been worried, paranoid, stressed out about this for years esp with my long absences in 2012. I have been on this forum posting questions, reading advices to keep my sanity (but sometimes I got freaked out even more).

I'm sharing my experience with you here, hoping this maybe useful to some.

My case:
- In the UK since 2007 as a student, Tier 2 G in July 2010, extended in 2013 valid until 2016.
- Applied for ILR 24 days before completing my 5 year qualifying period.
- 290 days outside of the UK in 5 years, 2 long business trips 70+ and 80+ days with 1 week gap in between in 2012. No letter from employer specially for these 2 trips.
- Life in the UK pass notification has name in wrong order.

PEO experience:
- Arrived at 8am for a 8.40am appointment.
- 8.10am went in to have security check and sat at the café to wait a little.
- 8.30 registered and got the number, went back to the waiting area to wait.
- 8.40 ish (lost track of time at this stage) went to have my details entered in the system.
- 8.50 ish went to have my biometric done.
- 9.10 ish went back to waiting area.
- 9.50am my documents were ready for collection
The whole thing was very smooth and quick, I was prepared to wait there for 2-3 hours.

My documents:
- application form
- 3 months payslips (latest)
- 3 months bank statement (latest) by Natwest, printed at branch, no stamp or sign
- 5 P60s
- Letter from employer to confirm: employment, SOC code, salary, confirm that salary is above the required rate, one sentence in the same letter saying that all my personal and business travels were in line with the employment.
- Life in the UK pass notification (with the wrong name order, no cover letter to mention this).
- Cover letter listing out all the documents.
- List of all absences from the UK with passport page of the stamps and a clear table showing the whole days out each year of all the 5 years.
- Copies of all the above and my previous BRPs and passport pages one by one (all the passport pages were needed, it was prepared for me by the solicitor company that my employer appointed to assist me).

Caveat that I was assisted by solicitor and agent throughout the whole process. But I stayed very close to it so know exactly what was going on.

Hi Mate
Congrats, Just a quick question did they not ask any question why the name is different on LIUK ?

What is the actual issue with your name ?

I passed the test 3 years back at that time on the certificate there was no attribute for middle name, so they put my first name and last name.

Now they have a 3rd attribute for middle name .. so i'm just wondering will it cause any issue so or not.

THanks
Ak
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

leeloy88

Post by leeloy88 » Tue May 26, 2015 1:31 pm

No single question asked. My whole application was under consideration for about 30-40 minutes before it was ready for collection.

On the pass notification, it shows my last name as my first name and first name as last name, basically they got swapped. I contacted the test centre and ask them to make an electronic note in the system which they confirmed they did.

Given that your name was in the correct order and only missing middle name, I really don't think it's a problem at all, if you are still worried then just include a cover letter to explain that.

mkh

Post by mkh » Tue May 26, 2015 2:16 pm

leeloy88 wrote:No single question asked. My whole application was under consideration for about 30-40 minutes before it was ready for collection.

On the pass notification, it shows my last name as my first name and first name as last name, basically they got swapped. I contacted the test centre and ask them to make an electronic note in the system which they confirmed they did.

Given that your name was in the correct order and only missing middle name, I really don't think it's a problem at all, if you are still worried then just include a cover letter to explain that.
Did you have a cover letter ?

leeloy88

Post by leeloy88 » Tue May 26, 2015 5:03 pm

mkh wrote: Did you have a cover letter ?
Yes but it didn't mention anything about the name, the cover letter only listed out the documents I submit together with my application.

But having a cover letter doesn't hurt and it helps to have a peace of mind. Important to make sure the test centre make a note in the system of your name is wrong/missing etc.