ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New fee approved: -2015

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

UpToDate

New fee approved: -2015

Post by UpToDate » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:24 pm

dcsean2001
Newly Registered

Re: New fee approved: -2015

Post by dcsean2001 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:42 pm

I just book a PEO appointment today and my receipt shows £2986 for 2 peoples, is this what they will going to charge me or I have to pay extra when I go for the appointment?

Thanks

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:12 pm

for you, they will charge you old price. who ever book after 6th april they will charge new rates.

dcsean2001
Newly Registered

Post by dcsean2001 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:24 pm

Phewwww.. that's a relief.

Thanks haiksuresh.

jnikki4u

Post by jnikki4u » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:41 pm

Till what date they can book ?

WR1

Post by WR1 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:14 pm

Earliest you can book is 42 days in advance.

Unfortunately, I can't apply until end of May the earliest, so I'm planning on booking a date before 6 April 2015 and then try to change the date later for the correct date.

I wonder if this will work or whether I'm asked to pay the fee difference :?
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

AcrossBorders

Post by AcrossBorders » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:11 am

wow, a 37% increase in ILR fee to £1500. How do they justify it? its crazy.

alxale

Post by alxale » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:40 am

"I wonder if this will work or whether I'm asked to pay the fee difference :?"

Are you going to try this.. I am in the same situation (eligible end of May)
Not sure if it will cause issues later during the application day due to insufficient payment

WR1

Post by WR1 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:48 pm

alxale wrote:"I wonder if this will work or whether I'm asked to pay the fee difference :?"

Not sure if it will cause issues later during the application day due to insufficient payment
Yes, I'm going to try this. Worst case is that I'm asked to pay the difference or the full new fee which I would have paid in the first place so there is nothing to lose. If it does work, then I can save £407.

There would not be any issues with insufficient funds as the original booking was before 6 April 2015 under the old fees and the fees are paid in full at the time of booking, same as those booking before 6 April 2015 for a date after 6 April. Only difference is that I will be changing the PEO date in the process for the one I need.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

WR1

Post by WR1 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:43 pm

alxale wrote:"I wonder if this will work or whether I'm asked to pay the fee difference :?"

Did you try this.

I booked a date before 6 April 2015 for an early date. I have now changed the date to the one I need.

I can confirm this method HAS WORKED. I was able to re-schedule the appointment and was not asked to pay any difference.

I still have the payment confirmation sheet which confirms payment in advance of £1493. I know a number of people contacted the Home Office about confirmation of fees and if you booked before 6 April 2015, you are not liable to pay the fee increase.

Its good news this worked. Its late for anyone else to try as fees have already gone up.

Right now, couldn't be more pleased :D

rizzu155

Post by rizzu155 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:03 am

WR1 wrote:

Did you try this.

I booked a date before 6 April 2015 for an early date. I have now changed the date to the one I need.

I can confirm this method HAS WORKED. I was able to re-schedule the appointment and was not asked to pay any difference.

I still have the payment confirmation sheet which confirms payment in advance of £1493. I know a number of people contacted the Home Office about confirmation of fees and if you booked before 6 April 2015, you are not liable to pay the fee increase.

Its good news this worked. Its late for anyone else to try as fees have already gone up.

That's great news. Could you help me with old SET O form ? I do not see it online anymore :( as I have submitted application online before 6th Apr 2015 so I too eligible for older fees with old form.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:10 am

You will need to complete the new SET (O) form. Don't worry about the payment section, you can leave it blank as it is for those applying by postal application and you will be taking your payment confirmation with you.

I will also be completing the new SET (M) form.

Chase53

Post by Chase53 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:49 am

Did you try this.

Actually I have planned to try this but didn't want to take any risk at the final stage. Hope it works out well for you all the way.

These are just assumptions - 1) What if they ask you the reason for booking a date well in advance to the required 28 days prior to your visa expiry date (guessing they have your online booking details as well)???

2) You will be taking the new SET (O) form with you which clearly has the new updated fee on it and your receipt has the old fee, isn't a discrepancy??

In any case, like you mentioned, they might ask you to pay the difference?? Just want to draw out few scenarios, thats all.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:13 am

Chase53 wrote:Actually I have planned to try this but didn't want to take any risk at the final stage. Hope it works out well for you all the way.

These are just assumptions - 1) What if they ask you the reason for booking a date well in advance to the required 28 days prior to your visa expiry date (guessing they have your online booking details as well)???

2) You will be taking the new SET (O) form with you which clearly has the new updated fee on it and your receipt has the old fee, isn't a discrepancy??

In any case, like you mentioned, they might ask you to pay the difference?? Just want to draw out few scenarios, thats all.
1. Not a problem. I calculated the first booking 28 days from the visa issue date rather than the date of entry. Will simply state I miscalculated the eligibility date which should have been from the date of entry and not the visa issue date.

2. No requirement to fill in the payment section. This is for postal applications as they still need to pay the fee. For PEO, the payment confirmation needs to be presented. A number of people on this forum have had their PEO ILR granted without having to fill in the payment section without any issues.

The home office have also confirmed if the original booking was made prior to 6 April 2015 for an appointment after 6 April 2015, the fee increase does not need to be paid as the full fee was paid in advance at the time of booking. So no discrepancy.

As mentioned even if we consider the worst case scenario I would have to pay the new fee which I would have done anyway if I didn't try this method so there was nothing to lose but all to gain. Saved £407 in the end.

Chase53

Post by Chase53 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:29 am

The home office have also confirmed if the original booking was made prior to 6 April 2015 for an appointment after 6 April 2015, the fee increase does not need to be paid as the full fee was paid in advance at the time of booking. So no discrepancy.
If this is true, Money well saved.

keano
Newly Registered

Post by keano » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:03 pm

I booked appointment on 28 February for 8 April. I took the new SET(O) form, didn't complete the payment pages and was accepted for the old fees I had paid on 28 Feb. There is no issue with this and absolutely no questions from PEO. ILR was granted.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:20 pm

keano wrote:I booked appointment on 28 February for 8 April. I took the new SET(O) form, didn't complete the payment pages and was accepted for the old fees I had paid on 28 Feb. There is no issue with this and absolutely no questions from PEO. ILR was granted.
Congratulations on your ILR. And thanks for confirming the same. Removes any elements of doubt.

AcrossBorders

Post by AcrossBorders » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:19 pm

WR1 wrote:For PEO, the payment confirmation needs to be presented. A number of people on this forum have had their PEO ILR granted without having to fill in the payment section without any issues.

I have also booked prior to 6th of April for May.

Regarding the payment confirmation, is that just a printout of the WorldPay receipt you get emailed?

WR1

Post by WR1 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:29 am

You can find the payment page by logging onto your PEO account go to the appointment schedule, on the right side there is a button that says "payment sheet". Click on this and a PDF of the payment sheet should open ,print this page and this is what you will be taking with you to the appointment.

You will also need to take your appointment confirmation printout in addition to the payment sheet as well.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Tue May 26, 2015 6:18 pm

ILR approved today.

Like to state there was no issues with paying the old fees. There was no mention of it at the PEO whatsoever. :D