ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Foreigner123

Life in the UK test

Post by Foreigner123 » Sat May 23, 2015 11:13 pm

Hi all

Would you all suggest to get the book?
Any good websites to practise?
Is the test hard?

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Life in the UK test

Post by Wanderer » Sat May 23, 2015 11:15 pm

Dead easy, no need to practise, my partner passed it and thought it was a doddle.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

s1344678

Post by s1344678 » Sun May 24, 2015 12:20 am

Foreigner123 wrote:Hi all

Is the test hard?

Thanks
I suggest you do a lot of life in the UK practice tests like https://lifeintheuktests.co.uk/life-in-the-uk-test-1/ and work your way through.

From the comments it's clear that the test is actually easier than practice tests, so when you start passing practice tests, you are ready to book the official test. Now let me just tell you that noone knows which exact questions will come up in your exam. Many people passed without buying the book, but I personally advise you to buy it.

You can also read the book online on the same website in the study materials section. You can actually start from the last tests (because they contain real test questions from real tests, submitted by people after they completed the test, just like me)

Many people wonder if exact dates will come up, and the answer is most commonly No. It's important to remember the history and different events like the women voting age and St Patron days, but no so important to remember the exact dates of the battles.

Just read more in the comments, you will get a good idea of what it's going to be like.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun May 24, 2015 12:56 am

You may also want to check your local council library. I borrowed a copy from mine, went through it and returned it after the test.

Also, the online tests give an idea of what to expect. Give it a spin. The two between them should get you through.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sun May 24, 2015 3:26 am

Foreigner123 wrote:Hi all

Is the test hard?

Thanks
LIUK official book reading is must. I borrowed mine from local library. I read it like a story book. Only difficult part is history.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

leeloy88

Post by leeloy88 » Tue May 26, 2015 8:48 am

In my real test, lots of questions on history came up. I think doing the practice test is crucial.

libby

Post by libby » Wed May 27, 2015 12:42 am

Passed mine yesterday. Didn't buy the book though, just downloaded the app and also did mock tests online. Most of the questions I saw whilst revising actually came up on the test.