ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Only one legal name created issues for Life in UK test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jagendramishra
Newly Registered

Only one legal name created issues for Life in UK test

Post by jagendramishra » Tue May 26, 2015 10:12 am

Dear Members,

I have only one legal name and while booking test for Life in UK, I did split my name to fill in as first name and last name (Because both fields are mandatory) e.g. test1 test2 is as complete name and I used test1 as first name and test2 as last name.

Due to this spliting, Life in UK test has been rejected.

I again checked in website and found that I have to fill complete name in both first name and last name fields so I have done it now and requested for special request.

My question is as per Life in UK centre, my Life in Uk certificate will have my name repeated as "test1 test2 test1 test2" as both first name and last name have same repeated name.

Any idea would this be accepted by Home Office? I checked with Life in UK department and they said speak to Home Office and their certificate will display my name twice and they can't make any changes in it.

Thanks & regards,
Jagendra

Zun
Newly Registered

Re: Only one legal name created issues for Life in UK test

Post by Zun » Tue May 26, 2015 4:23 pm

Hi Jagendra

1 legal name is not an issue as long as you can prove you do have it as per your passport and BRP

My spouse had the same issue , and ILR was granted without any problem .

for example if you have 1 legal name Apple

it shows Apple Apple on the certificate which is fine and accepted by the homeoffice.

But I would like to advise it took like for ever to get a special request booked and had to chase the LIFT TEAM every day for about 28 days before we got a test date , so don't just make a special request and wait for them to reply , wait for about 4 days and if they don't then you have to keep pushing it at them for a date

All the best

jagendramishra
Newly Registered

Post by jagendramishra » Wed May 27, 2015 7:54 am

Thanks for your reply.

I have raised special request and team responded back saying they have updated centre and now you can go ahead and book test.

So not sure whether test suppose to be booked by me or special request team themself should book test? Could you please share your experience.

Regards,
Jagendra

Zun
Newly Registered

Post by Zun » Wed May 27, 2015 9:38 am

Hi

You can book the test and , Once you have booked the test , advise the LIFT TEAM the date /time and name of test centre so they can inform the test centre of the special request .

Send them and email and keep a copy of the email once they confirm .

Best Regards .

jagendramishra
Newly Registered

Post by jagendramishra » Wed May 27, 2015 10:17 am

Thanks a lot.