ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) query- section 6.4 and few other points

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Metta5

SET(O) query- section 6.4 and few other points

Post by Metta5 » Wed May 27, 2015 10:16 am

Hello,

I apply for ILR based on T2-General in a couple of days time using the premium service. I came across a couple of points while filling the form (SET-O) so would really appreciate some guidance on these points. Sorry these may read silly queries to some but guidance from moderators and senior members will be really helpful.

Section 6- Immigration History, point 6.4: When did you last enter the UK?

Query on Section 6: What is meant by ‘last here’? Is it when did you enter last/most recently-if you went on holidays/work outside the UK (which in my case will be 11 May 2011- travel for work) OR when did you enter very first, irrespective of the visa category (which would be in my case Feb 2004)?
In section 6.1 they ask when did you enter the UK in the current category, which in my case is 28.4.2010.
I am in the UK since 2004 (was a student first, then Post study work, then on T2-G since April 2010).

Section 10- Biometric residence permit, point 10.13: Date your fingerprints were taken.

Query on Section 10: In my case I got a replacement BRP card in Jan 2013 as I took my married surname and got it changed on the BRP, hence my fingerprints were taken for that purpose for the replacement BRP card. So do I write Jan 2013? OR do I write when I got the BRP for my current job in July 2012?

Additional Query 1: I have over time changed my signature to reflect my married name. This means that the signature I will use now to sign the SET-O form and the new BRP will be different to the signature that I have on my current BRP and passport (I had not practiced my new signature then so ended up using the old one). I have also used my new signature on my LIUK certificate and bank cards. Any advice which signature to use? I prefer using the new one.

Additional Query 2: I have a PhD from a UK university, so have not done the NARIC equivalent etc. as I take my PhD certificate will suffice for the English language requirement? My husband has done the IELTS/ESOL speaking and listening.

Thank you

Best Wishes

Metta5

Re: SET(O) query- section 6.4 and few other points

Post by Metta5 » Wed May 27, 2015 12:23 pm

Hello,

I spoke to the immigration office and they advised that for Section 6.4- the last means whenever you last entered the UK i.e. after your holiday abroad etc.

For my query on the signature they said to use the signature that is on the 'official document' i.e my passport and BRP card so my old signature. In case I use my new signature then to explain that in the cover letter. I think I will go with my new signature and provide the explanation on the cover letter.

I think for Section 10.13 it will be the date whenever my fingerprints were taken in the recent past.

Also I think I will just go with 'degree taught in the UK' and that should suffice.

Can someone confirm if my understanding is correct.

Thank you

Amiya

Post by Amiya » Wed May 27, 2015 9:23 pm

You contacted immigration office thru email / phone?? Please could you share.

cheers

Metta5

Post by Metta5 » Sat May 30, 2015 10:25 pm

Hello Amiya,

This is the number I called for immigration queries 03001232241

I got the immigration queries number by calling the Home Office number 03001232253