ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

n8net
- thin ice -

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding SET(LR))

Post by n8net » Tue May 26, 2015 11:02 am

hi guys,

I got my ILR over the weekend and thought I contribute to the timeline..has been pretty quick within 8 weeks

Date of Application: 27/03/2015
Date Biometric given: 01/05/2015
Date Document returned: 22/05/2015
Date Biometric card rec'd: waitng

techie112
Newly Registered

Post by techie112 » Tue May 26, 2015 11:52 am

Hi All,

For benefit of others, below are my timelines for ILR application. I applied by Post and payed via cheque, just before fee increase.

Date of Application - 30 Mar 2015
Date of payment debit - 07 Apr 2015
Date of Biometric letter - 13 Apr 2015
Date Biometric given - 15 Apr 2015
Documents received - waiting :?
BRP received - waiting

SiCKovWaiTinG
Newly Registered

Post by SiCKovWaiTinG » Tue May 26, 2015 6:27 pm

23/02/2015 ILR application Set (M) mailed
06/03/2015 Biometrics enrolment letter received
09/03/2015 Received a confirmation email from the UKVI
14/03/2015 Biometrics enrolled
07/04/2015 Received an in-progress email from the UKVI
06/05/2015 Received an in-progress email from the UKVI
10/05/2015 Wife calls Home Office to cancel her sponsorship
15/05/2015 Wife applies for Divorce
16/05/2015 Wife leaves the house
22/05/2015 Divorce petition rejected by HMRC
23/05/2015 Wife notifies estate agency 1 month on the house.
25/05/2015 wife comes home to pick some cloths then leave.
26/05/2015 I find out wife is cheating since 3 months
26/05/2015 Home Office on the phone says I should request documents and go back home.
26/05/2015 Home Office on another phone call says it is NOT 100% rejection.

A n y i d e a s?

Elm
Newly Registered

Post by Elm » Tue May 26, 2015 10:23 pm

Hello all,
:cry:

Ilr applied: 25 February 2014
Biometric: 18 march 2014
Decision: still waiting (today been 15 months exactly)

I came on student visa on September 2012 then applied ilr as adult dependant of my mother, who is here on ILR. My father was retired british gurkha soldier.
It has been very long wait. Called home office, complained regarding delay in service but no progress. Please help what do I next except just wait.

prince_no1

Post by prince_no1 » Thu May 28, 2015 2:21 am

n8net wrote:hi guys,

I got my ILR over the weekend and thought I contribute to the timeline..has been pretty quick within 8 weeks

Date of Application: 27/03/2015
Date Biometric given: 01/05/2015
Date Document returned: 22/05/2015
Date Biometric card rec'd: waitng
First of All, Congrats!!!!
it was really a quick response, as i applied on 23rd of March and still waiting :(

secondly, what was your case Tier 1 G? or something else? were you employed throughout the 5 years or were you self employed in any of the intial or ext application ?

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Thu May 28, 2015 10:13 am

Prince what category did you apply I applied 26 and still waiting.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Thu May 28, 2015 12:58 pm

Indefinite approve
Applied 26 march
Bio. 20 April

Lawyer rang today to congratulate me.

6 yes discretionary leave completed.

prince_no1

Post by prince_no1 » Thu May 28, 2015 4:03 pm

babycakes wrote:Indefinite approve
Applied 26 march
Bio. 20 April

Lawyer rang today to congratulate me.

6 yes discretionary leave completed.
Congrats!! babycakes

i have applied under Tier 1 General (3+2) years.

Semper
Newly Registered

Post by Semper » Thu May 28, 2015 5:29 pm

Elm wrote:Hello all,
:cry:

Ilr applied: 25 February 2014
Biometric: 18 march 2014
Decision: still waiting (today been 15 months exactly)

I came on student visa on September 2012 then applied ilr as adult dependant of my mother, who is here on ILR. My father was retired british gurkha soldier.
It has been very long wait. Called home office, complained regarding delay in service but no progress. Please help what do I next except just wait.
Hi Elm, by "adult dependent" what category (ILR route) you applied for ILR? What's the title of application?

shehry
Newly Registered

Post by shehry » Thu May 28, 2015 7:44 pm

I have applied for my wife and kids ILR on PBS dependent. My time line is below.
Application Sent : 31March15
Biometric done : 15April15
Approval : Waiting
BRP Cards : Waiting.

SiCKovWaiTinG
Newly Registered

Post by SiCKovWaiTinG » Thu May 28, 2015 10:17 pm

Hi,
I'm the 2nd husband of a British citizen since 2009. I joined her in the UK since 2012 on a 2 years and 6 months course visa which expired on December 2014.
I passed the Life in the UK Test and applied for the Indefinite Leave to Remain on February 2015. I was told from a reliable source that my wife applied for divorce on the 15th of May 2015, she also wrote to the Home Office twice announcing that our marriage irrevocably broken down and she doesn’t wish to sponsor me anymore. (She has never told me she did or was going to do that)
It came to my knowledge that she has been contacting someone from Newcastle since February 2015 with whom she is planning to move.
My question is her recent attitude going to affect my ILR application process and is there anything I can do before the Home Office reaches a decision?
Thanks in advance.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Fri May 29, 2015 5:33 am

Sickofwaiting

Can you talk to your wife and see if she can help you after which you will leave her be?
If the wife isn't having any of it speak to a solicitor, I am guessing your marriage fell apart after the ILR application so you still have a chance.

SiCKovWaiTinG
Newly Registered

Post by SiCKovWaiTinG » Fri May 29, 2015 9:14 am

babycakes wrote:Sickofwaiting

Can you talk to your wife and see if she can help you after which you will leave her be?
If the wife isn't having any of it speak to a solicitor, I am guessing your marriage fell apart after the ILR application so you still have a chance.

Thanks very much babycakes for taking the time to reply.

I tried with my wife several times... after all we have been married for 6 years, and I did love her.
It seems that she is only trying to provoke me verbally with all insults possible, things like:
'You're scum and should go back to the scum where you came from, I was mistaken when I brought you here in the UK', etc
I am guessing she is trying to get me to do any response that could be seen as domestic violence, and use it as an excuse to criminalise me.
I have never offended her in anyway possible, nor have I ever approached her but with all intimacy.
I'd have gladly signed the divorce petition had she came straight to me and spoke her mind, instead of what she did.
After all, one can't force another to stay/love him.

I will try my best on finding a solicitor and fingers crossed he/she can do something before the Home Office reject my application for the ILR.

Once again I appreciate your taking the time to enlighten me, and please let me know if there is any other suggestions regarding what I could do.

Regards.

SiCKovWaiTinG
Newly Registered

Post by SiCKovWaiTinG » Fri May 29, 2015 12:02 pm

babycakes wrote:Sickofwaiting

Hello there,
I was just on the phone with an immigration solicitor to whom I explained my case in dates and details, and he said 'That is a pretty complicated situation and there is nothing you could do other than wait for the Home Office decision regarding my ILR case, which is more likely to be rejection'
May be I am trying to fool myself once again thinking that my applying before the wife and had things her way and that we've been married for 6 years now would make a difference with the HO decision.
I have fooled myself when I trusted a gold digger with everything I have achieved in life... 931 days spend in the UK will go a waste, and the dream of a peaceful family life is being smashed.
I guess I should start packing my stuff while waiting for the Home Office decision.

Regards.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Fri May 29, 2015 8:56 pm

All hope is not lost be patient the decision now lies with the case worker.
Don't give up just yet.

lawabidingimmigrant

Re: ILR postal application - Spouse Set (O)

Post by lawabidingimmigrant » Fri May 29, 2015 11:59 pm

Application Sent: 02/04/2015 (Just before Easter hols & fee hike)
ILR approved: 26/05/2015
Original Docs returned: 28/05/2015 (Passport was returned earlier due to change in process)
BRP received: 28/05/2015 (Surprised to receive BRP card same day)

Overall this was very quick considering the fact that I was bit reluctant to send postal application as it may take up to 6 months or more.

Good luck to those waiting for their ILR decision.

shehry
Newly Registered

Post by shehry » Sat May 30, 2015 8:00 am

Hi techie 112
Did you received any news from HO. I can see people who applied in April are getting response. I am still waiting.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Sat May 30, 2015 12:03 pm

shehry wrote:Hi techie 112
Did you received any news from HO. I can see people who applied in April are getting response. I am still waiting.
Hi when did you apply?

shehry
Newly Registered

Post by shehry » Sat May 30, 2015 1:16 pm

I applied on 31March15. It was PBS dependent application for spouse and kids.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Sat May 30, 2015 7:07 pm

shehry wrote:I applied on 31March15. It was PBS dependent application for spouse and kids.
You will have good news very soon I applied on the 26 march and got reply on Thursday so not long now.

shehry
Newly Registered

Post by shehry » Sat May 30, 2015 8:04 pm

Thanks. I hope so.I am hoping for reply in coming week insha Allah.

tomorrowshalltell
Newly Registered

Post by tomorrowshalltell » Sun May 31, 2015 4:39 pm

Congratulations to you guys that got their ILR approved. Just a bit of update on my application. I wrote the home office last month to return my passport when I discovered that I sat the wrong English language test.
I got a letter in the post last week with my passport and a letter asking me to sit the approved test which I've booked for tomorrow. Fingers crossed HO will make a decision on my application as soon as I sit the test. I applied by post in first week of February.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Sun May 31, 2015 5:12 pm

tomorrowshalltell wrote:Congratulations to you guys that got their ILR approved. Just a bit of update on my application. I wrote the home office last month to return my passport when I discovered that I sat the wrong English language test.
I got a letter in the post last week with my passport and a letter asking me to sit the approved test which I've booked for tomorrow. Fingers crossed HO will make a decision on my application as soon as I sit the test. I applied by post in first week of February.

You have a very good case worker that has given you the opportunity to sit the correct test some would have just refuse your application. This is good news for you. You Dont have anything to worry about.

timco
Newly Registered

Post by timco » Sun May 31, 2015 7:18 pm

babycakes wrote:
tomorrowshalltell wrote:Congratulations to you guys that got their ILR approved. Just a bit of update on my application. I wrote the home office last month to return my passport when I discovered that I sat the wrong English language test.

You have a very good case worker that has given you the opportunity to sit the correct test some would have just refuse your application. This is good news for you. You Dont have anything to worry about.
As they did in our case, however we have since sat one that is on their list and asked them to rethink, if that fails we shall complain that they did not give us the chance to resit.

SiCKovWaiTinG
Newly Registered

Post by SiCKovWaiTinG » Sun May 31, 2015 9:05 pm

Good luck on your test tomorrow !!
Hats up for the case worker.