ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizen Sponsoring Wife from Malta

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sheedatali

British Citizen Sponsoring Wife from Malta

Post by sheedatali » Thu May 28, 2015 1:50 pm

Hi,
I am going to apply for my wife to join me in UK. I am British Citizen living in UK for over 14 years. My wife is a Pakistani national living and working in Malta for the past 9 years. We recently got married and our marriage is registered in Malta. We are planning to make application for her as my dependant to join in UK.

We are planning to submit the following documents.

From my Wife Side
------------------------------
- Our Marriage Certificate
- Birth Certificates
- Payslips and bank statements for 6 months
- Work permit in Malta and Letter of employment
- Our pictures of meeting in UK, Malta and other european countries we been to.
- Wedding pictures and Wedding hall booking (Malta and UK)
- Tickets for travel to UK
- Call logs (Screenshots of Viber, Hangouts, Skype, Phone company call records)
- Emails
- TB Test report

From my side
--------------------------------
- Bank statements and payslips and letter from employer, P60
- House deeds, mortgage statements and Council Tax letter
- Self done house inspection report
- Sponsorship Undertaking form SU07
- Passport Copies (Do I need to certify/notarize those?)

My questions are below.

- The only application forms we need to complete are VISA4Uk application line and fill SU07? Is there any other official form required for us to complete such as VAF4A form?
- I did the house inspection report myself, is it required to be done by a house surveyor?
- Do I need to send originals for all the documents I am submitting? Would scanned copies suffice?
- Are we missing something glaringly obvious that should address?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

- Sheedatali

secret.simon

Re: British Citizen Sponsoring Wife from Malta

Post by secret.simon » Sat May 30, 2015 3:43 am

As an aside to your question, can your wife gain Maltese citizenship due to her residence there? Maltese citizens are EU citizens and can move to the UK under freedom of movement rules.

sheedatali

Post by sheedatali » Sat May 30, 2015 7:52 am

She applied for residence permit almost 6 months ago, still have not heard back anything. They are pretty slow in Malta when it comes to this sort of stuff. I was hoping we would get that and then we won't have to go through UK sponsorship process, but still not luck.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat May 30, 2015 8:49 am

Your wife would need Maltese nationality. A residence permit wouldn't qualify. Surely she already has a residence permit if she's been living there for 9 years?
She will also have to pay the new NHS surcharge of £600 before submitting her spouse visa application, in addition to the £956 visa fee.
Copies of official documents should be legally certified. Bank statements that are online copies must be stamped and signed by the issuing bank.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sheedatali

Post by sheedatali » Sun May 31, 2015 5:46 pm

Thanks Casa, that is what I thought. Malta is not very generous when it comes to giving nationality to foreigners, mainly because it is a small place.

Can anyone confirm if I can submit a self done house report? I have one that I had done few years back by a house surveyor, I can probably use the same template. I am not sure if Home office will accept that?