ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jabsbini

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by jabsbini » Thu May 28, 2015 10:14 pm

zah123 wrote:Hi Jabsbini,

I also applied on 14th April 14 but i got biometric on 13th may.

you got ilr in sept 14 and you applied for naturalisation in april?

Regards
Zah
Hello Zah,

And fortunedreamz999 , Usman81

Those who asked me about the call I made to UKVI, I had applied on 14th April, and recd acknowledgement letter on 13th May dated 8th May and I waited for a long time for biometrics letter as people in this forum had told me that since I applied after 6th April I will surely get biometrics letter and I was worried that my Biometric letter was lost in the post. I had posted this question in this group saying that I applied as British Spouse staying in this country for three years. I applied for ILR in April 2014 when I completed two years in this country, got my approval in September 2014 with Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) (had enrolled biometrics for it in June 2014), then in April 2015 I completed three years in this country then applied for Naturalisation and submitted the BRP as part of supporting documents and was pretty sure I would not be asked for Biometrics but when I posted this question here everybody was more confident that I needed biometrics to be done and some even said 'I did not read the form properly and also that people post unnecessary things without reading Instructions and this is for timeline only etc). Anyways I called up UKVI on 25th April on 03001232253 and spoke to the department which talked about applications who have crossed the 6 month mark as I was told to choose that automated number by a customer care officer who answered my call first and a helpful customer care officer afterwards gave me this information that I will not be required biometrics as I submitted my BRP and they have my biometric records in their system.

Hope you have got your answers.

Thanks
Bini

usajjad
Newly Registered

Post by usajjad » Thu May 28, 2015 10:20 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5 Years Tier 1 (General) + 1 Year ILR
Language criteria met : Life in the UK, + IELTS+ UK Masters
Current nationality: Pakistani
Number of Applicants: 3 (myself+wife+ daughter 6 years (MN1))
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Hornchurch
Date of application: 20/01/2015
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 21/01/2015
Date of acknowledgement: 21/05/2015 ( on calling HO that I never received any correspondence)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 28/01/2015 (update #2)
Date approval received: Waiting
Date of ceremony: Waiting
Called UKBA to get update today , they would not even take my reference number to provide an update. They asked that I wait until the 6 months has lapsed to call back.

Does any one have same circumstances?

jabsbini

Post by jabsbini » Thu May 28, 2015 10:33 pm

jabsbini wrote:

Regards
Zah
Hello Zah,

Those who asked me about the call I made to UKVI, I had applied on 14th April, and recd acknowledgement letter on 13th May dated 8th May and I waited for a long time for biometrics letter as people in this forum had told me that since I applied after 6th April I will surely get biometrics letter and I was worried that my Biometric letter was lost in the post. I had posted this question in this group saying that I applied as British Spouse staying in this country for three years. I applied for ILR in April 2014 when I completed two years in this country, got my approval in September 2014 with Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) (had enrolled biometrics for it in June 2014), then in April 2015 I completed three years in this country then applied for Naturalisation and submitted the BRP as part of supporting documents and was pretty sure I would not be asked for Biometrics but when I posted this question here everybody was more confident that I needed biometrics to be done and some even said 'I did not read the form properly and also that people post unnecessary things without reading Instructions and this is for timeline only etc). Anyways I called up UKVI on 25th April on 03001232253 and spoke to the department which talked about applications who have crossed the 6 month mark as I was told to choose that automated number by a customer care officer who answered my call first and a helpful customer care officer afterwards gave me this information that I will not be required biometrics as I submitted my BRP and they have my biometric records in their system.

Thanks
Bini

Correction : I called on 25th May and not 25th April !!

ChOudhry1
- thin ice -

Post by ChOudhry1 » Thu May 28, 2015 11:52 pm

jabsbini wrote:
jabsbini wrote:

Regards
Zah
Hello Zah,

Thanks
Bini

Correction : I called on 25th May and not 25th April !!
Sorry, don,t want to disturb you but I have been getting different answers to the same question on subsequent calls when some one else answered the call, not now but at the time of Ilr. So I think they are also not well aware of these fast changes in rules. They have biometric record of all off us applying for the nationality but they say that, they want our biometrics again because they want to confirm that we are the same people who were given the immigration and ILR and so is saying usman as below.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1193198
Choudhry

ik_aam_insaan

Post by ik_aam_insaan » Fri May 29, 2015 3:27 am

If ukvi need your biometric again they will send you a letter so just dont worry if you get one go and enroll it if not then dont...
But any application after 6 april 2015 requires a biometric enrollment again....... if u have applied b4 you are fine ....
Date of App: 07/04/2015
Date of Receipt by UKVI: 08/04/2015
Date of Fees taken: 29/04/2015
Date of Acknowledgment: 07/05/2015
Date of Biometrics Received and Done: 07/05/2015
Date of Approval: 21/09/2015 received ( 23/05/2015)
Date of Ceremony:

ik_aam_insaan

Post by ik_aam_insaan » Fri May 29, 2015 3:30 am

One of my friend applied on the 14 april aswell he is still waiting for the biometric letter.....
Date of App: 07/04/2015
Date of Receipt by UKVI: 08/04/2015
Date of Fees taken: 29/04/2015
Date of Acknowledgment: 07/05/2015
Date of Biometrics Received and Done: 07/05/2015
Date of Approval: 21/09/2015 received ( 23/05/2015)
Date of Ceremony:

mina89
Newly Registered

Post by mina89 » Fri May 29, 2015 11:59 am

wioleta31 wrote:hi everyone,

eligibility criteria: 6 years, no PR
language criteria met: life in the UK + Trinity B1 test
nationality: polish
method of application: myself by post
date of application: 15.04.2015
payment method:debit card
date of receipt by UKBA: 16.04.2015
date of acknowledgment letter: 13.05.2015 dated for 09.05.2015
date of debit or clearance of fees: 12.05.2015
date of biometric letter received: 13.05.2015
biometric enrolled at the post office: 14.05.2015
date of approval: waiting
date of ceremony: waiting

And now the waiting starts, hope not for long. Good luck to everyone.

Hi Wioleta

I too am a Polish citizen hoping to submit my citizenship application in September. I initially arrived in the UK in September 2009, therefore I would only have the required 6 years in September 2015. I have a few queries I was hoping you can assist me with:
1. Have you been in the UK for much longer than 6 years or are you close to the limit? i.e. is it better for me to wait another year/few months before I apply or once I'm over 6 years, that should be enough;
2. Have you sat your 'Life in the UK' test before you reached the required 6 years, if not, are you aware whether it is possible to do so in advance?

I would be grateful if you shared your experience with a fellow applicant-to-be. I wouldn't want my application to be refused on the basis I haven't met the required length by a small margin, equally though I'm eager to submit ASAP given Cameron's latest EU news... (I haven't figured out how to send private messages here, if at all possible)

Many thanks!
Mina

sri1230
Newly Registered

Post by sri1230 » Fri May 29, 2015 3:00 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5 Years ( T2) + 1 Year ILR
Method of application (NCS/Postal/Solicitor etc): NCS
Date of application: 30/4/2015
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: Debit Card
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 28/05/2015
Date of acknowledgment: 28/05/2015
Date of receipt by Biometric info: Pending
Date of Submission of Biometric info: Pending
Date approval received: Pending
Date of ceremony: Pending

shabba_kaka

Post by shabba_kaka » Fri May 29, 2015 4:09 pm

Today, My friend's wife received approval as British spouse. She applied on 20 Jan 2015 and approval letter received on 29th May 15 (date on letter: 18 May 2015). Its mean January is dealing in these days at home office. I am also a Jan applicant and hoping for best.

only-one-king

Post by only-one-king » Fri May 29, 2015 4:14 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5 Years work permit + 1 Year ILR
Language criteria met : Life in the UK, + esol entry level 3
Current nationality: Indian
Number of Applicants: 2 (my wife +daughter 3 years (MN1))
Council name if NCS used: Hambelton
Date of application: 15/04/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: still waiting
Date of receipt by UKBA: still waiting
Date of acknowledgement: still waiting

finger crosssssssed

jabsbini

Post by jabsbini » Fri May 29, 2015 4:23 pm

only-one-king wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 Years work permit + 1 Year ILR
Language criteria met : Life in the UK, + esol entry level 3
Current nationality: Indian
Number of Applicants: 2 (my wife +daughter 3 years (MN1))
Council name if NCS used: Hambelton
Date of application: 15/04/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: still waiting
Date of receipt by UKBA: still waiting
Date of acknowledgement: still waiting

finger crosssssssed
Applied on 15th April and still no debit of fees ?

kadd
Newly Registered

Post by kadd » Sat May 30, 2015 8:09 am

Update of time line

Eligibility criteria: 10Yr + 1 Year ILR
Language criteria met : Life in the UK, +ILETS(B1)
Current nationality: Ugandan
Number of Applicants: 1(Adult)
Method of application: Postal(Self)
Date of application: 16/10/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees:Don't remember
Date of receipt by UKBA:17/10/2014
Date of acknowledgement: 11/November/2014
Date approval received: 29/May/2015(Dated 18/May/2015)
Date of ceremony: Will book with Croydon council soon.

For those of you waiting,this information may be important.
Total wait------------------------ 7months and 12 days,
Was application straight forward ??----I had no visa for about 15 months within my 10 yrs,but that was an issue resolved at 10yr(ilr),its possible this was the reason for the delay.(no convictions,civil or criminal).
Lastly---its been very painful,I counted each and every single day my application was with the Home Office,Indeed as one post put it ""My experience with the Home Office has always been a harsh one, for the past 12 yrs in the UK""
Take courage,yours, will soon drop through the letter box.

funnyboi

Post by funnyboi » Sat May 30, 2015 8:34 am

Eligibility criteria: 10yr + 1yr ILR
Support Documents: BA + Master Degree, LIUK, Letter from work, payslips and P60s
Method of application: NCS (12/01/15)
Date of post my application: 12/01/15
Date of receipt by UKBA: 14/01/15
Date of debit of fees: 21/01/15
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 23/05/15
Date of receipt of approval: 29/05/15 (dated 18/05/15)
Date of Ceremony: waiting

Good luck with everyone else

gg1001

Post by gg1001 » Sat May 30, 2015 9:41 am

hi,

morning every1 just got the ceremony letter yesterday dated 18.05.15 buked the ceremony on 03rd june

pls if any mods can help me with these questions as my wife will be applying soon...

1) just want to clarify few things regarding my wife application ,she will be applying soon as the spouse of the british citizen

in the new form there is a question" If your partner is a naturalised British citizen enter date they were granted this citizenship"

is this date will be when I will be getting the certificate or the date on the letter of approval

2) she will be sending the application by post also in the form section 6 it says.....

"SECTION 6 Evidence of marriage for applications made on the basis of marriage or civil partnership to a British citizen.
• Your spouse’s or civil partner’s current passport or naturalisation/registration certificate showing that he/she is a British citizen. If you are making your application by post you can send a complete and full copy of your spouse’s or civil partner’s current passport. Every page of the passport must be copied including any blank pages; And
• The marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate"

so she need to send my original naturalisation certificate and ppt copy including the blank pages or just the original naturalisation certificate with the marriage certificate will do the job or shud I send my original ppt and naturalisation certificate and marriage certificate
jaweb wrote:
gg1001 wrote:hi,

just wana chk how long it will take for the ceremony letter to come thru applied thru post ......chkd with council on 22/05 they haven't received the certificate yet .

can my wife apply for naturalisation once I get my certificate or I have to get the british ppt first

can some1 pls tell me docs needed for my wife naturalisation applying as the partner of the british citizen

gg1001 wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 Years Tier 1 + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met - Life in the UK & Master Degree from India along with printout of pbs calculator(same used in ilr)
Method of application: Self Post (Also sent a return envelope for them to return my docs Special Delivery)
Council name if: N/A
Date of application: 25 March 2015
Payment method: Debit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 27 March 2015
Date of acknowledgment: TBA
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 14/04/2015
Date approval received: 18/05/2015
Date of ceremony: TBA

called council hasn't got my details yet ...the next ceremony is on 20/05/2015 will try calling again ,hopefully will get the certificate on wednesday

Can take up to 2 weeks. Especially now it's bank holiday again so it may be later. If 2 weeks are gone and not heard anything then I would call HO

YOUR wife can apply as a spouse of BC as soon as you get the certificate. The passport is for TRAVELLING as it is a travel document.

Your wife needs your certificate, her passport and proof she has been resident for at least 3 years of UK
[/quote]

mfaheem

Post by mfaheem » Sat May 30, 2015 10:55 am

Much awaited 2 brown letters arrived today.

Number of applications: 2
Eligibility criteria: 5 yrs Tier 1 + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met: Life in UK + UK Degree
Method of application: Redbridge Council NCS
Date of application: 20/01/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 21/01/2015 ( Postal tracking )
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 27/01/2015
Payment method: Credit card
Date of acknowledgment Email: 28/01/2015
Date of acknowledgment Post: 02/02/2015
Date approval received: 30th May 2015 (dated 19th May 2015)

Thanks everyone for help and support.

mfaheem

Post by mfaheem » Sat May 30, 2015 12:20 pm

mfaheem wrote:Much awaited 2 brown letters arrived today.

Number of applications: 2
Eligibility criteria: 5 yrs Tier 1 + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met: Life in UK + UK Degree
Method of application: Redbridge Council NCS
Date of application: 20/01/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 21/01/2015 ( Postal tracking )
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 27/01/2015
Payment method: Credit card
Date of acknowledgment Email: 28/01/2015
Date of acknowledgment Post: 02/02/2015
Date approval received: 30th May 2015 (dated 19th May 2015)

Thanks everyone for help and support.
Date modified

shhedd
Newly Registered

Post by shhedd » Sat May 30, 2015 1:32 pm

Finally I got this today am so happy...Thanks guys it was nice reading peoples view and I wish everyone waiting best of luck as things are now moving for January applicants...

Eligibility criteria: 2 years spouse + few days ILR-- I have been here over 5 years though.
Date of application: 22/1/15
Date of receipt by UKBA: 23/1/15
Date of debit of fees: 29/1/15
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: received 05/2/15 dated 29/1/15
Date of receipt of approval: 30-05-2015 dated 20-05-2015
Date of Ceremony: 23-6-2015

funnyboi

Post by funnyboi » Sat May 30, 2015 8:02 pm

I have finally got my approved letter yesterday, I have checked the council website for next ceremony date this morning and the next one is on 15th June..so do I have to call the council to book it or should I wait for the council to call me?
If anyone could kindly help me please

nvijay

Post by nvijay » Sat May 30, 2015 8:28 pm

Thank you very much to all your support. At last the most awaited brown envelope arrived, It took more than 12 days for snail mail to deliver it. Applied on 14 jan, received approval on 30 th May dated 18th May. Congrats to all recent approvals. Good luck to all still waiting.

nvijay

Post by nvijay » Sat May 30, 2015 8:33 pm

funnyboi wrote:I have finally got my approved letter yesterday, I have checked the council website for next ceremony date this morning and the next one is on 15th June..so do I have to call the council to book it or should I wait for the council to call me?
If anyone could kindly help me please
I would advise you to contact your local council first, and make sure they received your certificate, because they send my certificate to a different council( where i lived previously) , i have to phone them to get it transferred to my local council( Unnecessary delay)

goczy15
Newly Registered

Post by goczy15 » Sun May 31, 2015 8:10 am

Hi

eligibility criteria: 6 years, no PR
language criteria met: life in the UK + Trinity B1 test
nationality: Hungarian
method of application: myself by post
date of application: 01.05.2015
payment method:debit card
date of receipt by UKBA: 02.05.2015
date of acknowledgment letter:
date of debit or clearance of fees: 29.05.2015
date of biometric letter received:
biometric enrolled at the post office:
date of approval: waiting
date of ceremony: waiting

Adam2015
Newly Registered

Post by Adam2015 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:41 am

Hi,
I have applied back in Dec 2014 and still waiting; have called many times and had the same anwser "Your Application is under consideration"... not really sure how to interpretate this ....!!!

Cheers,

fjimmy007
Newly Registered

Post by fjimmy007 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:51 am

Hi , I have to share my wife application updates ,
She applied for british citizenship on 5th may 2015 through Lewisham NCS on spouse visa 3 years basis, she received her biometrics invitation on 28th of may 2015 , I dont know she had her Biometrics done when she applied her spouse visa in 2012 and also when she applied for her Indefinate ILR IN 2014 , now they are asking again and its cost us £19.20 again through post office , such a waste of money) Interesting thing is that my wife checked her bank account and money has not been deducted yet, but biometric documents arrived , is it unusual, Any one knows how long it takes after her biometric done , citizenship granted.

Thanks in advance

usman81

Post by usman81 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:37 am

fjimmy007 wrote:Hi , I have to share my wife application updates ,
She applied for british citizenship on 5th may 2015 through Lewisham NCS on spouse visa 3 years basis, she received her biometrics invitation on 28th of may 2015 , I dont know she had her Biometrics done when she applied her spouse visa in 2012 and also when she applied for her Indefinate ILR IN 2014 , now they are asking again and its cost us £19.20 again through post office , such a waste of money) Interesting thing is that my wife checked her bank account and money has not been deducted yet, but biometric documents arrived , is it unusual, Any one knows how long it takes after her biometric done , citizenship granted.

Thanks in advance
Biometrics have been made mandatory for applications made on or after april 6, 2015. Generally speaking money is deducted around same date acknowledgement letter and bio... invitation letter are pushed out. Nothing to worry as such, however, you may want to call your bank and ask if any payments had been rejected!
I am no one only GOD knows the best

raja935
Newly Registered

Post by raja935 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:51 am

eligibility criteria: 5 years Tier 1, ILR 1 year
language criteria met: Life in the U.K. and Masters from U.K. University
nationality: Indian
method of application: NCS
date of application: 29.04.2015
payment method: Credit Card
date of receipt by UKBA: 01.05.2015
date of debit or clearance of fees: 27.05.2015
date of acknowledgment letter received: 30.05.2015
date of biometric letter received: 30.05.2015
biometric enrolled at the post office: 01.06.2015