ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview for Tier 1(General) extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

skihi
Newly Registered

Interview for Tier 1(General) extension

Post by skihi » Sat May 30, 2015 4:33 am

Need Advise Please.. I am having Interview on 11th June 2015- Tier1 general, submitted extension on 5th April, got Biometric letter after 3 weeks, and now got letter for Interview at Harrow Home Office. applied as full employed and Self employed to get the target income- I still have not paid the whole taxes since my last submission (overdue by now)- should I clear it before the interview or it is irrelevant?
Please urgent advise will be highly appreciated...

skihi
Newly Registered

Re: Call for "Genuine Earning Test" interview at Sheff

Post by skihi » Sat May 30, 2015 5:37 am

gusto83 wrote:Hi folks,

I'm going to apply for my tier general extension in person on 16th January 2014 at Croydon office. My salary earnings are £2,000 and rest of around £33,000 is from self employment.

My first tier 1 general visa was on totally self employment and I showed £35,000 BUT I HAVE PAID TAX ON ONLY £10,000.

Please advise me what should I do? Amend my tax returns or I do not need to? Please any replies will be greatly appreciated. My email is Email.

Thanks Gusto
Please advise what happened at your case???... I have similar case but did not pay all due taxes since 2 years.. should I pay it before Interview...
Thanx

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Interview for Tier 1(General) extension

Post by CR001 » Sat May 30, 2015 7:48 am

User Gusto83 has not been online on the forum since 2013, so doubtful you will get a response.

Why have you not paid all tax for 2 years??

HO check HMRC tax records and there have been a few refusals recently due to non payment of tax and discrepancies in income (employed/self employed) declared to HO and HMRC for Tier 1 and ILR based on Tier 1.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

wazee89

Post by wazee89 » Sat May 30, 2015 8:05 am

CR001 wrote:User Gusto83 has not been online on the forum since 2013, so doubtful you will get a response.

Why have you not paid all tax for 2 years??

HO check HMRC tax records and there have been a few refusals recently due to non payment of tax and discrepancies in income (employed/self employed) declared to HO and HMRC for Tier 1 and ILR based on Tier 1.
Do you think they they will go back as far as to tier 1 initial leave, if one us applying for ILR. Correct me if i am wrong. they check the last application and the relevant tax payments. Even if the tax hasn't been paid but you are in agreement with the HMRC like paying by installments, should be fine.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 30, 2015 8:13 am

HO will likely check your full tax history, this is even applicable to ILR 10 years long residence applicants. There have been quite a few refusals this year already some classed as deception due to inconsistencies with declared income (HO vs HMRC) and the tax implications.

I would assume that if you are in an arrangement with HMRC, this should be viewed as more in your favour, but I cannot confirm either way.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 85514.html

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 85617.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lad 14
Wales

Post by lad 14 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:10 pm

what was the outcome ?