ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dutch Citizenship

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

janhendrik
Newly Registered

Dutch Citizenship

Post by janhendrik » Fri May 29, 2015 7:18 am

My mother (born in Holland) lived and passed away in South africa. I would like to apply for citizenship for me and my children in Holland. Who is the best people to contact to help me with this matter without getting ripped off?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dutch Citizenship

Post by CR001 » Fri May 29, 2015 5:03 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

janhendrik
Newly Registered

Post by janhendrik » Sat May 30, 2015 9:09 am

The problem is my mother was born in the Netherlands when they immigrated here in 1954 and i was born in 1961.
Will i still be able to apply for citizenship.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 30, 2015 9:18 am

It is difficult as residence in Netherlands is required. Your best bet would be to contact the embassy in Johannesubrg, Cape Town or Pretoria (not sure where they are based).

I was recently looking at this route for a friend whose kids have a Dutch born father and as he had lived in South Africa for most of his adult life and no longer had his documents, it was too complicated to proceed. From the research I did, if you are not resident for a long time and take on another nationality, you lose your Dutch citizenship. I could be wrong but perhaps the Embassy would be a good place to start.

Or click through the links on the website.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.