ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport for a daughter (non British Parents)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

doommer
Newly Registered

British Passport for a daughter (non British Parents)

Post by doommer » Sat May 30, 2015 11:12 am

Hi guys, I've got this problem.
Basically I applied for my daughters first passport (I'm Latvian, my fiance is Finnish) I lived here since 2006 (from being a kid) and I know that my daughter will count as British if I'm from EU and lived here for 5 years so I applied.

I applied online, and sent declaration with my bank statements from 2009-2015 (which proves that I was in College and statements clearly show my EMA coming in (which can only be paid if you get paperwork signed every week by your tutor) and it also shows that summer times I was working and I was getting student finance money (proving that I was going to Uni)
I have also sent my passport,
My Degree certificate from University,
My Student Finance letters,
My P60 for this year,
and My Payslips from first proper work after Uni.
All this was received by them on 10th of April

Around 2 weeks back (From today) I've had a letter that they need more information:
My parents passports (my mum is a British citizen since last year), my Parents HO documents from their first work, my Birth Certificate (translated) and letter from University confirming start and and finish day.

I was already not in the greatest mood as my Parents leave in Leeds (i moved to Swansea because of the work and family, and its not so easy to get stuff over) My parents came over the same weekend coming and I was able to pack everything up and send everything over last week (Happily I've had a Student certificate from Uni stating start date and finish date which i took out earlier for my council tax needs)

Now I was sure that they definitely got everything! As this is a super proof all together, and boom! Today i've got another letter than they need my parents P45/P60s from when they changed their job (they didn't change the job, as what happened the company name changed) and again "Letter from School stating start and finish date" ...

Are they just messing around with me? This kills me so much, that i'm thinking to leave it all and just apply for Finnish passport.

vinny

Re: British Passport for a daughter (non British Parents)

Post by vinny » Sat May 30, 2015 11:19 am

How old were you when you initially entered the UK with your parents?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

doommer
Newly Registered

Post by doommer » Sat May 30, 2015 11:22 am

I was 12, now I'm 21 (soon to be 22)

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat May 30, 2015 11:27 am

You probably attained PR as a family member of your father or mother, after he or she exercised treaty rights (eg worked) in the UK for at least 5 years.

Therefore, your child is automatically British.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

doommer
Newly Registered

Post by doommer » Sat May 30, 2015 11:42 am

Okay that makes sense, but they are asking for way too much documentation, when they can easily see that I was in college, university etc and making me ring my college to ask for some kind of letter now, as well as for unnecessary documents from my Parents. They already been processing this application for over 6 weeks, and asking for more information that I think they don't need.