ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Tax Credit as well as Working Tax Credit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

micz8

Child Tax Credit as well as Working Tax Credit

Post by micz8 » Mon May 18, 2015 11:10 am

Hi experts
Me and my wife hold ILR.
If we apply for Child Tax Credit as well as Working Tax Credit, will it effect our naturalization / Citizenship application?

Casa

Re: Child Tax Credit as well as Working Tax Credit

Post by Casa » Mon May 18, 2015 11:35 am

Not at all.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

gunners7k
Newly Registered

Re: Child Tax Credit as well as Working Tax Credit

Post by gunners7k » Sun May 31, 2015 11:33 am

Hi

I am in a spouse visa and due for renewal next April, my wife claims child tax credits for the kids, solicitor told me I wasn't allowed to resort to public funds so no working tax, which I have never claimed, however after ringing them up to ask why more money in account, they have automatically started paying working tax credit after receiving my p60, my wage went down(2014/2015 tax year) meaning they paying me extra each week! Rang them to say stop the payments but won't until I receive renewal pack, I'm worried this is going to show up on bank statements and also award notice, help!!

I'm entitled to clam the working tax credit and will it affect my visa!!

Help!!!!!!!

Thanks