ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timeline for naturalisation of minor born in the state

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Woodquest
Newly Registered

Timeline for naturalisation of minor born in the state

Post by Woodquest » Sat May 30, 2015 4:49 pm

Hi the good people of this forum, I have a question for you.

My sister had a daughter in 2006 when she was still waiting for the regularization of her immigration papers in Ireland. So, her daughter was not qualified for Irish Citizenship at birth in 2006. Eventually in March 2015 my sister was qualified to apply for her own Naturalisation based on five years residence in Ireland. I encouraged her to apply for the citizenship of her daughter along side her own naturalisation based on "minor born in the state for naturalisation as an Irish Citizen" (http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Ci ... on%20Forms). The Irish law allows parents in my sister's circumstance to apply for the citizenship of their minors based on the conditions that such parent have 5 years reckonable residence since the birth of the child i.e. your child should be at least 5 years of age when you make this application and the application is completed on eForm and must be completed electronically.

My sister submitted her own naturalisation's application and her daughter's application on March 31, 2015 and she received the acknowledgement of her daughter's application on 2nd of April 2015. More documents regarding the girl's residence in the state since birth was requested which my sister provided and INIS acknowledged the receipt of these documents as well. Since INIS acknowledgment of more documents in Mid April there has been no other correspondences from INIS regarding her daughter's application. However, my sister had since received a second stage letter for her own application on May 20, 2015.

Now, my sister is wondering whether the application process of minors in this category is similar to adult's process - where you receive Acknowledgment, Second Stage letter and finally the Approver.

Can anyone with genuine understanding and experience of how Minor's citizenship application in this category works please enlighten my sister?

Many thanks.

KingdomMan

Re: Timeline for naturalisation of minor born in the state

Post by KingdomMan » Sun May 31, 2015 1:24 pm

Woodquest wrote:Hi the good people of this forum, I have a question for you.

My sister had a daughter in 2006 when she was still waiting for the regularization of her immigration papers in Ireland. So, her daughter was not qualified for Irish Citizenship at birth in 2006. Eventually in March 2015 my sister was qualified to apply for her own Naturalisation based on five years residence in Ireland. I encouraged her to apply for the citizenship of her daughter along side her own naturalisation based on "minor born in the state for naturalisation as an Irish Citizen" (http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Ci ... on%20Forms). The Irish law allows parents in my sister's circumstance to apply for the citizenship of their minors based on the conditions that such parent have 5 years reckonable residence since the birth of the child i.e. your child should be at least 5 years of age when you make this application and the application is completed on eForm and must be completed electronically.

My sister submitted her own naturalisation's application and her daughter's application on March 31, 2015 and she received the acknowledgement of her daughter's application on 2nd of April 2015. More documents regarding the girl's residence in the state since birth was requested which my sister provided and INIS acknowledged the receipt of these documents as well. Since INIS acknowledgment of more documents in Mid April there has been no other correspondences from INIS regarding her daughter's application. However, my sister had since received a second stage letter for her own application on May 20, 2015.

Now, my sister is wondering whether the application process of minors in this category is similar to adult's process - where you receive Acknowledgment, Second Stage letter and finally the Approver.

Can anyone with genuine understanding and experience of how Minor's citizenship application in this category works please enlighten my sister?

Many thanks.
Your sister need not worry again. She's right on track in both processes. A minor child application doesn't go through second stage like in the adult application process. Since they requested for more documents in the minor child's application and she's submitted same on time, she can be rest assured that the child's application is being processed and shouldn't take more than 3-6 months to get a decision (approval). She's good on both front and should be approved soon hopefully!

rgirish

Re: Timeline for naturalisation of minor born in the state

Post by rgirish » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:51 am

HI,

I am not sure that you still follow this forum or not. I am in same situation. Can you please share your time for minor's application.

Regards
RgIrish