ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Where to find vacancies in Ireland for Non-EEA nationals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

koushik03
Newly Registered

Where to find vacancies in Ireland for Non-EEA nationals

Post by koushik03 » Mon May 25, 2015 4:40 am

Hi All,

This is my first post in this forum. I am an experienced software professional from India planning to re-locate to Ireland. I did apply for some open positions advertised in irishjobs.ie but did not get any reply till date. I guess they are reluctant entertain applications from non-EEA nationals since I currently do not have the right to work in Ireland. Can someone please advise me where to look for open positions in Ireland who are willing to hire non-EEA nationals and provide sponsorship for the Crtical Skills Permit.

Looking forward to your response. Thanks for all the help in advance.

koushik03
Newly Registered

Re: Where to find vacancies in Ireland for Non-EEA nationals

Post by koushik03 » Tue May 26, 2015 4:49 am

Updated: I contacted a few recruitment agencies but they said that they are only looking for EU passports since they will not be able to sponsor the candidate's visa. Only some big companies can. Can any please help me in this?

JimCrawford
Newly Registered

Post by JimCrawford » Tue May 26, 2015 5:47 am

There is no easy way about it. Ireland has open borders with 500 million EU citizens so it's difficult for most employers to bring over non EU citizens.

coketero

Post by coketero » Tue May 26, 2015 10:06 am

It will be difficult to get a work visa like that, like the previous poster said, you are competing against all the IT professional in Europe that can work here, so unless you have a very specific skill that is hard to find, this will be very difficult.

koushik03
Newly Registered

Post by koushik03 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:21 am

Thanks a lot frafiq81. Finally some ray of hope. I have been applying through linkedin as well but didn't get any call till date. I am not sure what is going wrong.