ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RECEIVED 60 DAYS NOTICE ..BUT CANT FIND A UNI OR COURSE

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

danis123
Newly Registered

RECEIVED 60 DAYS NOTICE ..BUT CANT FIND A UNI OR COURSE

Post by danis123 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:33 pm

hi all, danish here..any advice would be greatly appreciated,,,,

1) came to uk on student visa and got post study work visa which expired on 13/june/2014
2) applied for a tier 4 student visa on 12/june /2014... home office returned my application as 1 did not do bio-metric on time .. received then application from home on 22/august/14 and sent a new application on 24/august /14 with same documents.. done bio-metric later..
3) on 29/january/15 received a letter from home office saying, my college's licence is revoked and i can apply for a new college with in 60 days..

i am finding it difficult to find a course and university to join in this short period...but i am adamant that in september 2015 i would get a place to study in a well reputed uk university and also i really want to study that course..

Q) ANY WAY I CAN EXTEND MY STAY LEGALLY UNTIL AUGUST 2015 SO I CAN APPLY IN UNIVERSITY FOR SEPTEMBER INTAKE?
Q2) MY COURSE START ON 28/SEPTEMBER /15 , HOW MANY MONTHS BEFORE I CANGET THE CAS LETTER AND APPLY FOR VISA?

MANY THANKS!!!!!!
danis123
Newly Registered

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: RECEIVED 60 DAYS NOTICE ..BUT CANT FIND A UNI OR COURSE

Post by bruteforce » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:37 pm

If you REALLY want to study then the best option currently is to leave the country and apply from your home country around August. That way you have more realistic chances to get visa, if you try staying here by any means like FLR(o) etc, that will jeopardize any future chances of living in the UK unless of course you get admission within the 60 days given.

danis123
Newly Registered

Post by danis123 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:44 pm

Thank you very much for your reply.. first i thought about leaving the country and come back around September, but that cause a break in my stay when it counts towards 10 years stay... please tell me if you know what is seto

many regards

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:50 pm

danis123 wrote:Thank you very much for your reply.. first i thought about leaving the country and come back around September, but that cause a break in my stay when it counts towards 10 years stay... please tell me if you know what is seto

many regards
If you leave the country while you still have an existing leave and then come back with new visa within the 6 months then your continuous residence is not effected.

danis123
Newly Registered

Post by danis123 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:57 pm

what if its more than 6 months.. lets say if i leave end of march.. how many months before i would be able to get visa for a course starting in september if apply from home country.... THANKS A MILLION...

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:18 pm

danis123 wrote:what if its more than 6 months.. lets say if i leave end of march.. how many months before i would be able to get visa for a course starting in september if apply from home country.... THANKS A MILLION...
That depends on when you get CAS from your proposed institution & when the course is going to start. Normally you are able to apply well before the course actually starts. You need to sort out the admission while you are still in the UK. Prepare all the paper work carefully and if you do leave at the end of March, IMO, you will be fine in applying & getting the visa before September.

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:43 pm

first of all, why did you not give the biometrics on time?

the home office normally sends 1 or 2 and even 3 letters which means nearly 3 months time in which you can give your biometrics.

were you not able to get a cas at that time and that's why you did not give biometrics because if you did so, you would get a straight refusal?

anyway later you somehow acquired a cas, when you visa was already expired. the college which issued you a cas on an expired visa, had to get its license revoked one day or another, and they were just selling their cas.

lets forget everything, and now you are in a situation where you have 60 days letter and cannot find an institution. that is the case with 100% of the 60 day letter holders. it is nearly impossible to find a sponsor, because although the home office allows the student to find a sponsor within 60 days but the colleges and universities are aware that the students with 60 days letter are too risky for their own sponsor license. a risk which is not worth taking.

so in this case, the best option for you is to go back and apply for a course starting in September/October session. If you are so dedicated and 'adamant' about your studies, then going and coming back must not be a problem.

in terms of when you can apply for the visa? you can apply 3 months before the course start date, which is mentioned on your cas.
and it will be a good idea to apply well before because during those times the visa applications soar and a decision turnaround time may increase. and if you miss the latest start date, then you will miss the September start aswell.

good luck

danis123
Newly Registered

Post by danis123 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:22 pm

thnaks everyone... i am reading about it ..

Jonmattias
Newly Registered

Post by Jonmattias » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:51 am

Hi,

If u received a letter stating you got 60 days to find other sponsor to remain in the uk, then u can find it. Be realistic and don't ask too much questions. The more you will ask, more you will be confused.

danis123
Newly Registered

Post by danis123 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:38 pm

HI EVERYONE,
SOME GOOD NEWS FIRST, I RECEIVED UNCONDITIONAL OFFER LETTER FROM UNIVERSITY OF BRIGHTON FOR MY SEPTEMBER INTAKE, SECONDLY ,,i have to decided to go back home and apply form india.... thanks for the advice..

1) how many years i can spend as a student tier 4 post graduate student in the uk, i read its 5 .. does psw counts in that 5 years or its just study time on tier 4 ??.. psw is tier 1 i guess

2)as i said, i re submitted my application after missing biometric , (submitted in 28 days), if i leave the country before before ending my 60 days period , does this period ( re submit-august 14- to - flying back 26 march) count as overstayed????... hope not...

3) I already have a uk post graudate degree, the course i am going to do in September is a pharmacy conversion course pgdiploma.. i need to change my tier 4 to tier 2 for training after a year of study... so to change to tier 2 do my post graduate degree allows me to do that or the recent study has to be post graduate qualification...

4) if i exit uk ( visa expired - end of march and coming back in September with new visa - before 6 months ) does that count as a beak for 10 years stay... somebody already answered this question - but i am confused what he/she meant by - if you leave when you have leave to remain.. and come back..
TO BE HONEST ...ANY ADVICE ... WILL GREATLY BE APPRECIATED...THANKS IN ADVANCE..

danis123
Newly Registered

Post by danis123 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:47 pm

reply from bruteforce (senior member) .. existing leave... does that mean returning home without overstaying .. or is it like , going home for more than 6 months while on uk visa..

maberl2002

Post by maberl2002 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:44 am

to the best of my knowledge...here are answers to your queries

Q1.....PSW does not count in the time limit on student visa....once you go back home and comeback again it will start from zero again anyway.

Q2.....as long as your current application status is pending with ukvi and a final decisions has not been taken .......u have not overstayed.

Q3.......I honestly dont know what restricts you to go on tier-2 when you already have a sponsor and already have a UK pgd.

Q4.......even if you spend one day out of UK after your visa expires the 10 year period breaks. the story of 6 months is only when you have a valid visa while going out and coming back in (not a new visa when coming back)....it has to be less than 6 months at one time in order to continue 10years thing
so if your visa expires on 31 march and you are already out of UK and then fly in with a new visa on 1st april. your 10years break according to immigration rules by just some hours.
lets not forget the very reasons of putting a limit on students for 4 or 5 years and ending PSW and HSMP and the cooling off periods in certain categories is mainly brought in to stop people to complete their 10years time.......other wise there will be no reason for them to ask anyone to reapply from back home....and then grant visa and let them in again.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:47 am

Q4.......even if you spend one day out of UK after your visa expires the 10 year period breaks. the story of 6 months is only when you have a valid visa while going out and coming back in (not a new visa when coming back)....it has to be less than 6 months at one time in order to continue 10years thing
so if your visa expires on 31 march and you are already out of UK and then fly in with a new visa on 1st april. your 10years break according to immigration rules by just some hours.

wrong information.

see for example 1

A person enters the UK on 1 September 2004 with entry clearance as a student which
is valid until 31 October 2005.
On 25 October 2005, before the previous leave expired, the person departs the UK.On 5 January 2006 the person re-enters the UK with valid entry clearance as a student.

Question

Has continuous residence been broken?

Answer

No. The person had valid leave on the date of their departure and on the date
of their return to the UK, and the time spent outside the UK was less than
six months. Continuous residence has been maintained, even though the person
entered the UK with a fresh grant of leave on any valid visa.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Example 2

A person enters the UK on 1 September 2004 with entry clearance as a student which
is valid until 31 October 2005.On5 November 2005, after their previous leave expired, the person leaves the UK.
On 5 January 2006 the person re-enters the UK with valid entry clearance as a student.

Question

Has continuous residence been broken?

Answer

Yes. The person did not have valid leave on the date of their departure, so
continuous residence has been broken

danis123
Newly Registered

Post by danis123 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:10 am

THANK YOU VERY MUCH Z18RUNWAY AND MAYBERL2002 .. YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING... I AM GETTING THERE.... THANKS...

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:47 pm

Not sure why you are thanking mayberl when they've give you incorrect advice...

There is lots of incorrect/misleading advice in this thread.

You say the home office returned your application because you failed to give biometrics. Do you mean your application was returned as invalid? If so given that your psw expired on 13 June. your leave will be treated as expired on the date you received the letter stating your application was invalid. It sounds like the current application you have is out of time meaning you've overstayed since you received the letter regarding the invalid application. Presuming this app will be refused or you withdraw it and return home, As the overstay is more than 90 days you are likely to be refused uk visas automatically for a year after you leave under 320(7b)

You say you already have a post grad degree from UK? What qual is this as you need to bear in mind academic progression rules. Have the uni you have offer from confirmed they can give you CAS and do they know your academic/immigration history?

You can't switch to tier 2 on basis of of a pgdip you need a UK masters, bachelors or one year of a phd either studied in your most recent period of leave or during a continuous period of leave that includes your most recent period of leave. Gaps of 28 days in leave will be disregarded but if your first application was invalid as explained above and the current app is refused or you withdraw it and leave the uk, the continuous leave for purposes of switching into tier 2 will be broken. If your new course were another a uk degree you could switch into tier 2 once that's completed but first and foremost you need to seek advice on the overstay issue as this is going of prevent you coming back to uk for at least a year (that is if you can even get a CAS in first place for another level 7 course)

Info on invalid applications and 3c leave here
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _0_EXT.pdf

Info on exemption from RLMT when switching from tier 4 here

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International- ... xemptions/

Piyaji4200
Mood:

Post by Piyaji4200 » Sun May 31, 2015 1:21 pm

hello

its very simple way my dear brother. you put FLR (O) CASE to home office its goes up to till September or more when September will come you can get case letter from university and apply for student tier 4 visa. don't go back to your country if you go your 10 year story will finish so please stay here with valid visa application. do flr o application contact with lawyer and he will done it for you.

regards

Jonmattias
Newly Registered

Post by Jonmattias » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:08 pm

which country are you from?